Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

Quote:

He's asking for specifics. Vaguely saying resistance doesn't help.

There's multiple ways to resist. Some are peaceful and some aren't.

Resistance could be continuing to film cops to bring attention to this, like I said.

Or it could be killing them and their loved ones like Mr Marcus said.
I appreciate your understanding of what i'm getting at
Come on bro, regardless of how many methods I write and get into specifics dude won't listen.

And like I said if the preemptive isn't there, the videos you see are the ONLY options for those people. Don't down a man for doing what you couldn't do, is what I'm getting at.

If you obviously agree and see a problem, then you should see no problem with someone trying to get a cops hand of their chest.
write one method man. people have listed their opinions and potential methods and the only ones i talked down to was be a white female because that is not a fool proff method. (which is why i requested from post #331 be reread because it seems like during your process of being here since page 1 you missed posts that would have avoided the beginning of our convo)

The difference between the police and any other subgroup of society is that they can ******* legally kill you, and that's before we address their power to have permanent and far-reaching implications on your life through the legal system.

Show me where some backwoods robe-wearing West Virginia cousin-cuddler has the power to do that.

When a group of people have members who gain a deserved reputation for dealing in injustice toward people like you, a degree of mistrust is not only natural, but favorable to one's preservation instinct. Hmm, you wonder why people with my paintjob are wary of the cops, by and large?

Police can and should be held to the highest standards of society because of the enormous latitude they have to act, and honestly I believe that gross abuse of the badge in cases like these should be punishable by death. There was no way that procedure was called for, especially in the case of the "crime" involved.

At the very least, our new 24-hour surveillance world should cut down on things like that...I look forward to seeing more corrupt "officers" exposed for the uniformed gang members they are. Until then, yes...they're guilty until proven innocent just like I am. **** 'em.

I'm not even going to go into the fact that resisting restraint, particularly where unjustified or unnecessary, is an instinct that goes across species, unless you're into being forced to the ground face-down in public without due cause...I don't know everyone's life.

I'll just close by saying that nothing will truly change until the standing of an individual officer is just as much at risk with every public interaction as the citizens he is assigned to protect. What goes with great power again?

The difference between the police and any other subgroup of society is that they can ******* legally kill you, and that's before we address their power to have permanent and far-reaching implications on your life through the legal system.

Show me where some backwoods robe-wearing West Virginia cousin-cuddler has the power to do that.

When a group of people have members who gain a deserved reputation for dealing in injustice toward people like you, a degree of mistrust is not only natural, but favorable to one's preservation instinct. Hmm, you wonder why people with my paintjob are wary of the cops, by and large?

Police can and should be held to the highest standards of society because of the enormous latitude they have to act, and honestly I believe that gross abuse of the badge in cases like these should be punishable by death. There was no way that procedure was called for, especially in the case of the "crime" involved.

At the very least, our new 24-hour surveillance world should cut down on things like that...I look forward to seeing more corrupt "officers" exposed for the uniformed gang members they are. Until then, yes...they're guilty until proven innocent just like I am. **** 'em.

I'm not even going to go into the fact that resisting restraint, particularly where unjustified or unnecessary, is an instinct that goes across species, unless you're into being forced to the ground face-down in public without due cause...I don't know everyone's life.

I'll just close by saying that nothing will truly change until the standing of an individual officer is just as much at risk with every public interaction as the citizens he is assigned to protect. What goes with great power again?
DMX-and-Steve-Wozniak-GIF-From-Veronica-de-Souza.gif

25 YEARS THIS SUMMER​

Not sure if it's been posted yet...

Last edited:
Hand2Hand.. if you wanna go hold underground meetings to start a war with the police, be my guestwhat are you so disgusted at? tell us what you're ready to revolt against, why you want to, how you'd do it, and what's the expected outcome...

View media item 1095080

not enough reps in the world

,B......

Repped.

Last edited:
Any update on the situation
The dead guys family
Or the cops involved???

time to get this thread back on track...

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ss...stigate_bomb_threat.html#incart_most-comments

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The NYPD is investigating a bomb threat at a Staten Island police precinct stationhouse and a harassing phone call made to the mother of one of the officers suspended after the death of Eric Garner, the Advance has learned.

On Sunday, between 9 and 9:30 p.m., an unknown caller rang the Staten Island home of Officer Justin Damico, sources said. He was home, but his mother picked up the phone, and a voice on the other end said, "You must be a Damico from Staten Island. You're a f--- pig," sources said.

Police traced the call to an out-of-state number, sources said.

Then, on Tuesday, someone made a phone call to the 120th Precinct's St. George stationhouse at about 2:30 p.m. and threatened to blow up the building, sources said.

The male caller spoke with a switchboard operator, and said he was a recent lottery winner and had enough explosives to blow up the precinct and kill everyone inside, one source recounted. There's no indication the caller made reference to Garner, the source said.

That spurred officers to search the precinct building looking for a bomb. The search turned up nothing, sources said.

Damico and Officer Daniel Pantaleo, who were both assigned to the 120th Precinct, were videotaped Thursday trying to arrest Eric Garner, 43, who was accused of selling untaxed cigarettes, by the corner of Victory Boulevard and Bay Street. Pantaleo can be seen placing Garner in an apparent chokehold just before officers pull Garner to the ground.

Both Damico and Pantaleo have been placed on modified duty, and Pantaleo was stripped of his badge and gun.

Garner's death has spurred nationwide controversy.

Several police officers, speaking privately or posting anonymously online, have criticized media coverage of his death, contending that stories in the Advance and other publications are fomenting civic unrest.

One Facebook page, "Officer Daniel Pantaleo wanted Dead or Alive," outraged some police officers on Tuesday. The page has since been taken down.

On another Facebook page, a user listed Pantaleo's address and the names of several of his family members.

"You think they want to wish him a happy birthday?" one officer fumed.

The male caller spoke with a switchboard operator, and said he was a recent lottery winner and had enough explosives to blow up the precinct and kill everyone inside, one source recounted. There's no indication the caller made reference to Garner, the source said.

I hear people say that police officers have to treat each call like life and death
which is why they act the way they do
Have people thought about how normal citizens feel when dealing with police officers
It's the same thing it could be life and death
Sometimes they make small matters into big ones

y'all say all this, but then are the first ones pissed off when someone associates you with something you have nothing to do with...

young black males get looked at as savages because of what a handful of ignorant ****** do.. it doesn't represent all of us

the NFL and NBA get labeled as thug leagues because a handful act stupid and behave like they have no damn sense...

so if you feel that being weary of cops because of these incidents is warranted, you should also have no problem with being looked at in a negative light because of what your race/age group/sex/neighborhood/etc does

all we see is the bad... no one gives a **** about the good... the media is fueled by negativity

who benefits from such a mindset? its easy to say oh thats just how ppl are/the world is

like some of yall dont have to live w this ****

you can just say whatever you want

your attitude can be couldnt care less

and all you tell ppl to do is accept it.  

because at the of the day things need to stay the same

Quite sure the dehumanization of black men began way before any of us could commit a crime over here. Nawtyhare is spot on with his life & death assessment. Idk what the rest of these house ****** & wannabe cops in here babbling about

I hear people say that police officers have to treat each call like life and death
which is why they act the way they do

Have people thought about how normal citizens feel when dealing with police officers
It's the same thing it could be life and death
Sometimes they make small matters into big ones

i believe those things to be pretty true (for both officers & citizens), i don't think it is an envious job at all to be one who has to enforce law...you never know if/how/when a situation can/will escalate. this is such a sad thing because it did not have to happen this way, i understand that the victim seemed to be fed ip with his perception of how he was being treated routinely by the police but once it got to the point where they where an arrest was imminent if the assaulted (this isn't to condone the overreaction on the part of the officers) would have chilled out he'd maybe still be here & have a strong argument against the officers involved...

all we see is the bad... no one gives a **** about the good... the media is fueled by negativity

i definitely cosign this, the negativity bias is strong...even when you hear the good, it just doesn't stay top of mind like the bad...

I can empathize slightly with the fact cops might be on edge while working because they don't know what a person might be capable of and they do need to have their guard up constantly.

Regardless though, they handled this situation terribly and dropped the ball big time with this. That he should've resisted arrest talk is irrelevant to this situation to me with how the cops handled this. Resisting isn't a smart move to make, but it doesn't give the cops the green light to use force that is banned by their department and ignore pleas for help by a person who's on the ground and helpless

I can empathize slightly with the fact cops might be on edge while working because they don't know what a person might be capable of and they do need to have their guard up constantly

I'll echo what's been said before.

Why can't that mindset be used as an excuse for the perceived criminal?

Who would the criminal be on edge over and have their guard up for?

A regular dude who's had some bad expierences with cops but doesn't commit crimes however, they got every reason to be on edge and wary when around cops. NYPD and LAPD got some very spotty track records.

Back
Top Bottom