Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Mogulson

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DaKidThatDraws

i got a question..
i love peanut butter and i'd eat like 3-4 peanut butter sandwiches w/ banana throughout the day.
i used to eat organic peanut butter but now i just eat the kraft crunchy one.
those of u who love peanut butter, how much do yall eat it?
and is it okay to eat it right after a work out?? thanks!
Too much fat with that peanut butter. If your gonna eat it, eat it once a day if you have to. And I hope your using wheat bread......and the crunchy peanut butter is no good.
What??
Beat me to it
laugh.gif

Lots of bad advice in this thread. Brett, that's not necessarily how it happens. There's no difference between crunchy and smooth peanut butter aside from texture. 

About the wrist straps. I firmly believe that quality of reps > weight used. If you can't hold the weights safely, you probably shouldn't be pressing them.

Using protein supplements while trying to cut down isn't a good idea in my opinion. They don't offer the same satiation that whole foods provide.  When you're cutting, you want to make most(if not all) of your nutrition come from whole foods. Again, just how I feel about it. Cutting is a mental struggle as well.

Crunchy peanut is processed completely different from regular peanut and with that process involves retaining more of the fat from the peanut butter since there are still ACTUAL nuts in the jar.
The whole idea of peanut butter is that its fat..... and not bad fats.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DaKidThatDraws

i got a question..
i love peanut butter and i'd eat like 3-4 peanut butter sandwiches w/ banana throughout the day.
i used to eat organic peanut butter but now i just eat the kraft crunchy one.
those of u who love peanut butter, how much do yall eat it?
and is it okay to eat it right after a work out?? thanks!
Too much fat with that peanut butter. If your gonna eat it, eat it once a day if you have to. And I hope your using wheat bread......and the crunchy peanut butter is no good.
What??
Beat me to it
laugh.gif

Lots of bad advice in this thread. Brett, that's not necessarily how it happens. There's no difference between crunchy and smooth peanut butter aside from texture. 

About the wrist straps. I firmly believe that quality of reps > weight used. If you can't hold the weights safely, you probably shouldn't be pressing them.

Using protein supplements while trying to cut down isn't a good idea in my opinion. They don't offer the same satiation that whole foods provide.  When you're cutting, you want to make most(if not all) of your nutrition come from whole foods. Again, just how I feel about it. Cutting is a mental struggle as well.

Crunchy peanut is processed completely different from regular peanut and with that process involves retaining more of the fat from the peanut butter since there are still ACTUAL nuts in the jar.

Ummmm.... the whole thing is ACTUAL nuts in the jar.  Actually, the more things besides actual nuts that are in the jar, the worse it is for you because most non-natural peanut butters (Skippy, Jif, Peter Pan) the more they add sugar, salt, partially hygrogenated oils and/or palm oil.  Those fats are the bad ones, it has nothing to do with crunchy or smooth. 

whey protein has an effect similar to an appetite suppressant; i would use it on a cut.

I've read arguments from both sides about whey's effect on satiety levels while cutting and I've come to the conclusion you just have to figure out what works for you. Personally, whey protein does not satisfy hunger at all for me which may have to do with it being  fast digesting . Anyways, who wants to be drinking protein shakes when they're on a calorie restricted diet? Unless you have no other alternatives then it'd be better to just eat whole foods while cutting because they are more nutritious and more filling.

I just did DLs for max today for the first time since February and I am freakin' exhausted...havent felt this tired after a workout in months...not gonna lie, I had to let out a Ron Jeremy grunt while getting the weight up.

Some douche bag at my gym DLed 4 plates today but then left the weights in the middle of the weight room when he was done. And then the guy gets another bar and does barbell rows and leaves the weight again only for a 70+ year-old gym employee to come and re-rack the weights
indifferent.gif
. I feel like slapping these idiots sometimes.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Some douche bag at my gym DLed 4 plates today but then left the weights in the middle of the weight room when he was done. And then the guy gets another bar and does barbell rows and leaves the weight again only for a 70+ year-old gym employee to come and re-rack the weights
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
people should rack their own weights... it's not that hard

whats the word on muscle milk, i forgot my wheybolic protein today and so i bought one, tasted way better than my wheybolic are these just as gd or better? (excluding price)

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
people should rack their own weights... it's not that hard
just like people should wipe down the benches/equipment after using them

Like I said, I wasn't sure about the whole concept. ...but depending on what you are eating during your cut you MAY FIND you have a hard time getting enough protein? In which case a protein supp comes in handy.

Then again, a can of tuna has 120 cals (30g pro) and 8 egg whites has 120 cals (also 30g pro).

I read Starting Strength and despite my recent success in the Bench Press it has come to my attention that the increase in weight has been due to improper and potentially damaging form. I am destined to have no chesticles, ever. The bigger your chest, the bigger your bench press.

Last night during squats, I was consistently changing the weights as I increased to my top 5. The racks were all unorganized so I gradually put them where they belonged as I went. Female attendant who was
pimp.gif
came to thank me.
pimp.gif
. I hate when people leave weights around. TRIP/SLIP hazard.

That zzyz vid was removed... anyone have a different link?

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

Quick question/recommendation needed..

Do any of you use wrist straps when lifting? I dont need them for grip(wrapping the strap around the barbell/dumbbell whatever) more so for example when i do dumbbell shoulder presses with 90's, I just am always cautious and dont want my wrists to give out. Any recommendation for just simply straps for wrist support, but not gloves or full straps.

Thanks NT.

I use straps for when I go heavy on deadlifts and I love them, they're really helpful. But if your form is good and the weight is fine, then get yourself a pair. But I'm not sure what you're looking for, the ones that you can strap around the bar, some go around your wrist or some people just use tape instead.

I'm trying to add weight/get stronger right now, so what should my ideal workout/rep ranges be? I normally train 5 reps to strength but I've been reading that 8 is the best for size, so what gives me optimal gains in both?

Also what are the best functional/athletic lifts to get bigger? My workout is all compound, centered around bench/squat/deadlift/incline with additional lifts like rows/shoulder press and pull ups added. Also what's a good core workout to make my abs bigger?

Why ain't nobody put me up on Greek Yogurt earlier?!?
One's I got only have 90 cals, and 10g of protein
pimp.gif

I took a week off working my biceps and decided to focus on other things. Today, I started working my biceps again and it felt terrible. A problem that I often have when I am curling, I feel a lot of strain on my hands/fingers and forearms. Mostly, when after the 5th rep or so, when the weight is in the resting state, my forearms hurt. It also feels like I'm losing circulation in my hands as well (perhaps my grip is bad?). I feel like I can curl more and do more reps, but my forearms feel like they're on fire and I have to put the weight down.

Edit: I do my curls standing btw if it makes any difference.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there anything I can do or should do? Would it be best to lower the weight, or maybe perhaps doing isolating forearm exercises? Any wraps or gloves to help this at all? Thanks peoples.

Damn, i'm getting bad eye bags(?correct term idk?)- that dark little cave under your eye; anyone got this? Any remedies/cures/fixes?

It looks like i'm sick, i sleep 8-10hours, so that can't be it...help a dude out!

Originally Posted by rhester

Why ain't nobody put me up on Greek Yogurt earlier?!?
One's I got only have 90 cals, and 10g of protein
pimp.gif

Because all people in here want to take is supplements.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

What the hell..I've been missing out on this greek yogurt!
It's cool but it's more expensive.  Don't expect to buy 10 for $3 like the Yoplait or Dannon.

Dude you could be getting OD on sleep. I find the bags under my eyes go away with a constant 7 hours of sleep. Try it out.
Or place a cold spoon under them word to coke heads

Its time for me to put the beer down and pick up some dumbbells but I do not know where to start.

My goal is to have body like Trey songz or Tyrese.

Where should I start? I know I have to cut back on the beer, soda, and junk food. That's all I really know.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

What the hell..I've been missing out on this greek yogurt!
It's cool but it's more expensive.  Don't expect to buy 10 for $3 like the Yoplait or Dannon.

Word. I pay $6+tax for a 32oz tub of Chobani yogurt. The little 6 oz cups are $1.39 - $1.79

Back
Top Bottom