Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

i cant stay away from juice and mountain dew smh...

was thinking of doing 2 a days for about a month....anyone ever do this? I feel like if I can get into a routine it should be easy, and having the free time and dedication too...

-J23C
You'll more than likely see negative gains doing that.
Just over working yourself.

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Originally Posted by scshift

How do you get the dumbbells up for shoulder press without a spotter? Now that I can't curl them, it's becoming an issue. I had to stand up and clean them today, then sit back down. Is there a better way to do this?

Place them on your knees, then hoist (sp) them up one at a time using your knees.... works everytime
had the same trouble when i started lifting, just get comfortable with lower weight first and use momentum to get one up at a time.
might need some practice, key is using your knees

Scott Herman is that dudeI just crossed an email I wrote Nov 2009. This is basically the first month I ever touched weights... had no idea what I was doing. 
Routine -4km run (<25mins)-Benchpress (50kg)-Tricep pull down (25kg)-machine row (50g)-crunches (70kg)-military press (10 kg/dumbbell)-barbell curl (15kg)-squats(15kg)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Also found this picture.. which was around the same time.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Telling people I gained 30 lbs in 2010 and they didn't believe me. didn't believe myself till I stumbled across this!
eek.gif
[/font]

damn he goes pretty low on those

not that thats a heavy set for him but when i do my heavy sets i go a little past parallel, not sure if its good for your shoulders to go that low w/heavy weight

i just realized i forgot to hit traps today. #!%$

nah lol i guess i need to be going lower?

with bb i touch my chest/collar bone area but with DB's i dont touch my shoulders, i just bring the center of the DB's to like ear-level

guess i should fix that huh
laugh.gif

edit: nvm i didnt actually watch him do a rep i just saw where he had them at the beginning.....i go about that low maybe a hair higher i thought he was bringing them down to his shoulders every rep

I just weighed in @ ###### 214
mad.gif

I don't understand how this is happening, I'm havent even been eating that bad + I've been going in on cardio....

Im not weighing myself again till this time next week, I might not even lift this week and do straight cardio....
The scale is the devil.

/rant

Originally Posted by rhester

mad.gif

I don't understand how this is happening, I'm havent even been eating that bad + I've been going in on cardio....

Im not weighing myself again till this time next week, I might not even lift this week and do straight cardio....
The scale is the devil.

/rant

you shouldnt go too much by scale, since ones weight fluctuates alot throughout the day

I usually just go by mirror and how im looking

Originally Posted by BangDak

I wish i could gain 30 pounds in one year.

I'm a skinny, frail @*% dude
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

just start eating and lifting, i think the rock (dwayne johnson) gained 25lbs in 6months (numbers are a bit off, but i know it was something crazy like that)

Originally Posted by Club29

mad.gif

The scale is the devil.

/rant

you shouldnt go too much by scale, since ones weight fluctuates alot throughout the day

yup, your weight can stay the same, but you can tighten up your body.

mad.gif

The scale is the devil.

/rant

yup.

sometimes i weigh myself before and after taking dumps and/or pisses.  i lost over 4 pounds in 5 minutes once.

mad.gif

The scale is the devil.

/rant
only weigh yourself in the morning

Im thinking of taking fish oil supplements every other day (or can I take it everyday like vitamins?). Ive read the health benefits and it sounds good.

Which is the best to take? GNC has its own brand for $9.99, wonder if its any different than the ones that are $30+

mad.gif

The scale is the devil.

/rant

this is very true.

i lost 30 pounds last year and have now gotten stuck at 178ish. but i look like i'm still losing weight. i think the muscle i'm adding on every week is keeping me at the same weight, although i am still losing body fat.

i also wanted to mention i lost most of that weight by tightening up my diet and portion control. i can't emphasize enough how vital that is. at first i'd still be soooo hungry, but over time the smaller meals filled me up better.

i barely did any real cardio. i hate cardio. but i'm trying to do more this year to get off this final bit of body fat i want to lose.

i went from 208 in march to 178 by like july/august.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

just start eating and lifting, i think the rock (dwayne johnson) gained 25lbs in 6months (numbers are a bit off, but i know it was something crazy like that)

He was eating like 6000 calories a day

Are there any suppliments or methods to recover quicker from soreness? I've realized that i've been getting overpowered in my Judo classes, so i decided to hit the weights to get stronger with my martial arts. I've been weight training for about a month now, and i feel much stronger. But it sometimes takes me 4-5 days before one muscle group isnt' sore anymore. Any suggestions?

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

you can do it my dude! i'm 5'7" and before i started getting serious about lifting i was weighing like 140-145.

Now i'm at 165 usually.  You can do it! eat right and lift heavy

Where is the article on the guy from the bodybuilding.com forums where he went from a skinny skater boy to monster in two years?

Back
Top Bottom