Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by KOD843

Originally Posted by struong8

Originally Posted by KOD843

What's clean bulk? Sorry, kind of a novice at these things lol

well you say you are bulking so that usually means a lot of carb and having a surplus in calories. clean just means you get that surplus but in a healthy way, aka no fat and not as much carbs. you want to put on size but still maintain that low bodyfat percentage.
Thanks for the info man...
He's mostly correct. A clean bulk is loosely referred to a caloric surplus (bulking) which isn't too extravagant (typically <500 kcal surplus).
It has little, if anything to do with what you are eating. i.e. I can clean bulk on pizza pops as long as my calorie intake is <500kcal over my caloric budget.

Alright guys, help me on my standing barbell curl? The reason I ask is because everytime I get to that workout, I get a crazy pain on the outside of my forearm. I've tried with a light weight and can still feel the pain start. Is it my technique/ maybe pulled something?

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Alright guys, help me on my standing barbell curl? The reason I ask is because everytime I get to that workout, I get a crazy pain on the outside of my forearm. I've tried with a light weight and can still feel the pain start. Is it my technique/ maybe pulled something?

Go to your doctor if you are that concerned about it.  Nobody in this thread can help you out seriously.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Go to your doctor if you are that concerned about it.  Nobody in this thread can help you out seriously.

Alright man, just wondering if anybody had a similar problem. Appreciate it though

Ive been trying to eat healthier and exercise for the past 3 weeks.

Here is essentially what I eat: Any thoughts?

Breakfast
Oatmeal with cinnamon and a small scoop of peanut butter and dried cranberries
OR
Balance Bar

Morning Snack
Fresh pc of fruit OR Dole fruit cup

Lunch
Half soup and half sandwich- usually a lighter soup and turkey sandwich of some sort

Afternoon Snack
Fresh pc of fruit OR Dole fruit cup

Dinner
Baked fish
OR
Chicken breast plus a vegetable

After Dinner snack
2 or 3 individual Peppermint Patties
OR
2 full Graham Crackers
OR
String Cheese

Im getting 30 minutes on the treadmill 5 or 6 days a week. Thats about a 5 or 6 day increase to what I was doing prior haha

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Breakfast
Oatmeal with cinnamon and a small scoop of peanut butter and dried cranberries (Add eggs or protein shake)
OR
Balance Bar

Morning Snack
Fresh pc of fruit (always opt for fresh fruit. Canned/cupped fruits are full of fructose and preservatives)

Lunch
Half soup and half sandwich- usually a lighter soup and turkey sandwich of some sort

Afternoon Snack
Fresh pc of fruit OR Dole fruit cup (see above) 

Dinner
Baked fish
OR

After Dinner snack
OR
2 full Graham Crackers
OR
String Cheese (Include Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese) 

Im getting 30 minutes on the treadmill 5 or 6 days a week. Thats about a 5 or 6 day increase to what I was doing prior haha
You should try to keep your food natural (Nothing processed ie bread/pasta/fake meats) and go from there. Portion out your foods better.
What's the caloric intake of your diet look like?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Breakfast
Oatmeal with cinnamon and a small scoop of peanut butter and dried cranberries (Add eggs or protein shake)
OR
Balance Bar

Morning Snack
Fresh pc of fruit (always opt for fresh fruit. Canned/cupped fruits are full of fructose and preservatives)

Lunch

Afternoon Snack
Fresh pc of fruit OR Dole fruit cup  (see above) 

Dinner
Baked fish
OR

After Dinner snack
OR
2 full Graham Crackers
OR
String Cheese  (Include Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese) 

You should try to keep your food natural (Nothing processed ie bread/pasta/fake meats) and go from there. Portion out your foods better.
What's the caloric intake of your diet look like?

good suggestions. Sometimes its based on convenience while at work.

I havent calculated the calories. I dont want to get into a habit of counting every little calorie because it gets overwhelming. I know im eating a lot healthier than I was. Thats a start

I'm having a huge problem with getting tired really fast, and getting pretty sore for at least a week after one work out. Is anyone having anything similar to this? It just started happening recently. I don't know why and I don't know how to make it better.

I'm down from 230 to 185 in a year and a half... but I'm fighting the flab battle in my upper body. I lost the weight through running, so my lower body is fine. What sort of lifting should I do to get a firmer chest? I definitely want to keep running. My diet is good.

If you've stripped down the fat, now you need to build the muscle beneath.

For chest, the good old fashioned push up, with varying hand positions, will serve you well.

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

I'm having a huge problem with getting tired really fast, and getting pretty sore for at least a week after one work out. Is anyone having anything similar to this? It just started happening recently. I don't know why and I don't know how to make it better.

Have you been working out for consecutive weeks without any rest?
You might need a week off rest your system.

What does your workout schedule look like? How long are you in the gym for each session? Are you getting enough sleep? Are you taking a multi-vitamin? What is your diet as far as macros go and are you meeting them? All these things can make a huge difference in how your body reacts to being worked.

take some protein?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

If you've stripped down the fat, now you need to build the muscle beneath.

For chest, the good old fashioned push up, with varying hand positions, will serve you well.
What about chin-ups? My roommate has a pull-up bar.

Just made a great meal.

Whole grain flat-bread, chopped up chicken breast, red pepper, and a little mozzarella cheese. Throw that thing in the toaster oven and let the cheese melt
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

take some protein?
nerd.gif
 BCAA espec glutamine 

man i have some stubborn belly fat that im trying to get rid of. Im 5'9 165, but since i gained this last 10 lbs, alot of it has been fat smh. Im looking into some jumprope exercises, because i hate running. anybody have any other ideas

What jeans do you guys wear? I like mine slim fitting, but in my thigh area they fit like tights now
mad.gif

I guess the only way is to size up even if my waist is the same size?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Zyzz

take some protein?
nerd.gif
 BCAA espec glutamine 
Glutamine isnt a BCAA, and supplements wont fix that problem.

Originally Posted by McRaptor

What jeans do you guys wear? I like mine slim fitting, but in my thigh area they fit like tights now
mad.gif

I guess the only way is to size up even if my waist is the same size?

Have the same exact problem. Been buying sz 34 looser fit jeans even though waist is 32... Pants for work (trousers, khakis, slacks) are an even worse problem bc they don't tend to come in looser fits...

Back
Top Bottom