Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

I've been thinking.. I think I want to give my Legs its own day.. How should I move around my current split to make room for it? What muscle group should I combine with shoulders?

Current Split:
Monday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Tuesday: Back + Biceps
Wednesday: Shoulders + Legs + Abs
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Chest + Triceps + Abs
Saturday: Back + Biceps
Sunday: Rest

nerd.gif

lol pretty much "my routine".. i try to do chest twice a week.. I didn't know if that was bad or not.. only 1 Rest a week tho and a day full of cardio.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

I've been thinking.. I think I want to give my Legs its own day.. How should I move around my current split to make room for it? What muscle group should I combine with shoulders?

Current Split:

nerd.gif
This is my EXACT routine 
laugh.gif

Did you use the exercise routines that I posted up awhile back?
laugh.gif

Its a VERY common routine.
howabout change one of your back biceps day to a back and leg day, you'll still workout your biceps with rows and stuff

Originally Posted by jdub55

Da Buddah

What do you do for back?... it doesnt look like you do much.

not very much bro....

LOLZ

the occasional bent over rows and seated rows.

my back and legs are lacking the most, oh and traps

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Current Split:

nerd.gif
This is my EXACT routine 
laugh.gif

Did you use the exercise routines that I posted up awhile back?
laugh.gif

Its a VERY common routine.

Monday - Chest Tricep Shoulders
Tuesday - abs
Wendsay - Legs
Thursday - abs
Friday - Back, lats, biceps, forearms
Sat- rest/cardio/abs
Sun - rest/cardio/abs

I think I'm starting to devolop some tendonitis in my right elbow. It starts to hurt on the inner part of the elbow when I do exercises like bench, dips, and such. I looked it up and it looks like I have "golfer's elbow" and can't really do anything besides rest it for a little. It usually doesn't hurt during the day but it starts after a few sets of lifting or playing a few games of basketball, then goes away after I shower.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm not looking forward to a week or more without much physical activity.

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

Started P90X today....
The Ab Ripper X was embarrassing, I found out today that I'm very uncoordinated.....

I started doing the ab ripper x work out like 1 month ago and it was tough in the beginning, but it gets easier and easier.  I still have trouble keeping my legs straight in some of the exercises though.  Anybody got any tips/stretches they'd recommend to help my problem?

I watched that "I want to look like that guy" documentary that was recommended a few pages earlier. I didn't like the overall message of the documentary...dude made it seem like it was impossible to work out and eat relatively healthy over a long period of time. I also thought it was too long and it dragged on during some parts.

Buddha

No pullups,wide grip or close grip pull downs, Deadlifts?

There's so much you can do with back. Its my favorite day for sure as i feel it should have it's own day for one to maximize the full back workout , you need some workouts for back?

Originally Posted by jdub55

Buddha

No pullups,wide grip or close grip pull downs, Deadlifts?

There's so much you can do with back. Its my favorite day for sure as i feel it should have it's own day for one to maximize the full back workout , you need some workouts for back?
oh right... yeah forgot to mention. i do a ridiculous amount of pull-ups, almost everyday. no pull-downs though. deadlifts are definitely in my routine but i still have yet to nail the form down.

but if you could provide some effective workouts it'd be appreciated too.
nerd.gif
thanks in advance

^^^

start off with chin up, when you do your back routine. Then go on to lat pull down for 3 sets and then do 2sets of reverse grip pull down ( for inner back) Then go on to seated cable row (mid back), and afterward do some db rows to finish strong. You can also throw in some lower back workout by finishing up with hyper extensions.

Chin ups (as many as you can)
Lat pull downs
Reverse grip pull downs
Seated back rows
Dumbbell rows
Hyper Extensions

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I ate taco bell tonight and I feel like #+$$ 
smh.gif

What did you get?
The quesadilla meal

Today was supposed to be my recover day since I worked out Sunday-Thursday. But I too had Taco Bell for dinner and felt guilty. I ordered a steak quesadilla(no baja suace), cheesy fiesta poatoes(no sour cream), and a caramel apple empanada. I hit the gym 30 mins after
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

smh.gif

What did you get?
The quesadilla meal

Today was supposed to be my recover day since I worked out Sunday-Thursday. But I too had Taco Bell for dinner and felt guilty. I ordered a steak quesadilla(no baja suace), cheesy fiesta poatoes(no sour cream), and a caramel apple empanada. I hit the gym 30 mins after
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Guys, you have to loosen up. 
laugh.gif

Its 1 meal. As long as you don't pig out or at least pig out in a way that sets you back, your body can handle some if not most of what you had. Just don't have too many bad days.

Empandas?
sick.gif

FTR, the Frisco is the best direction with watching calories. I understand about feeling like crap though
tired.gif
. You feel like you erased your workouts.

smh.gif

What did you get?
The quesadilla meal

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Its 1 meal. As long as you don't pig out or at least pig out in a way that sets you back, your body can handle some if not most of what you had. Just don't have too many bad days.
I also had a bbq rib sandwich when I woke up, cheese pizza and curly fries for lunch, and a plain quesadilla as a snack, then taco bell. After my workout I had a scoop of pb, and a big bowl of honeynut cheerios
smile.gif

I should start eating more clean, so I can get better results.

smh.gif

What did you get?
The quesadilla meal

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I also had a bbq rib sandwich when I woke up, cheese pizza and curly fries for lunch, and a plain quesadilla as a snack, then taco bell. After my workout I had a scoop of pb, and a big bowl of honeynut cheerios
smile.gif

I should start eating more clean, so I can get better results.
eek.gif
Man you dudes can EAT
laugh.gif
. My stomach is weak most days.

smh.gif

What did you get?
The quesadilla meal

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Empandas?
sick.gif

FTR, the Frisco is the best direction with watching calories. I understand about feeling like crap though
tired.gif
yeah i believe in busting your $$! in the gym and having a cheat meal or 2 a week.

taco bell is one of my favorites lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
so bad though.

if you do need to eat something like that just avoid all cheese, sauce, sour cream etc.

frisco menu is good as well
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HyphySole

I just bought creatine, and is it a good idea to do the loading phase? Ive never taken it before btw

ive never really believed in a loading phase. think its just the companies way for you to use the creatine faster so you have to buy more sooner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just my opinion tho

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

smh.gif

What did you get?
The quesadilla meal

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Empandas?
sick.gif

tired.gif
yeah i believe in busting your $$! in the gym and having a cheat meal or 2 a week.

taco bell is one of my favorites lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
so bad though.

if you do need to eat something like that just avoid all cheese, sauce, sour cream etc.

frisco menu is good as well
smokin.gif

Taco Bell is the ultimate weakness. Cheap fast food. The damage 1 can do with $10 is sickening
laugh.gif
. The Baja Mountain Dew is
pimp.gif
though. I don't think it packs as much cals as regular Dew though.

Anyone got advice for going to the gym while sick? My throat and nose were killing me today.
mad.gif
I felt like a wreck.

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

HyphySole wrote:
I just bought creatine, and is it a good idea to do the loading phase? Ive never taken it before btw

ive never really believed in a loading phase. think its just the companies way for you to use the creatine faster so you have to buy more sooner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just my opinion tho

As long as you dont continue the loading phase past the length of the phase you wont have to buy more sooner.

The loading phase is slightly more effective, but its not by much so its basically up to each person to decide what they prefer.

Back
Top Bottom