Steelers Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint

Steelers | Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint
Mon, 5 May 2008 13:06:45 -0700
Annie Sweeney, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports PittsburghSteelers RB Rashard Mendenhall was robbed at gunpoint Monday, May 5, according to sources. Mendenhallwas robbed of his phone, cash and wallet, according to sources familiar with the investigation. His agent was available for comment. "It was obviously ascary moment," said his agent, Mike McCartney. "But he is fine. He is doing great. He said he doesn't have anything that is worth his life."According to reports, the robbers wore black hooded sweatshirts and ski masks. No one is currently in custody.

Dudes are going to see this story tonight and say, "We robbed an NFL player?!?"

Damn, Chris Henry starvin like that already? And robbed a division rival...cold-blooded... Welcome 2 the NFL, rook...
smh.gif

not sure how he presents himself in public but if I were him I would go incognito man...

Originally Posted by innocentmanse7en

Damn, Chris Henry starvin like that already? And robbed a division rival...cold-blooded... Welcome 2 the NFL, rook...
smh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

No mention of chains/diamonds taken so I can't imagine he was flashing too tough.

What's the word Cake?
nerd.gif

Let's ride around, find a $@$%@ stuntin' on front street
Wit the shines on, $%!$%% be lookin like lunch meat

I have a hard time imagining a normal sized person robbing a big ++* NFL player, the image is just hard to imagine, it almost seems comical. Hell it is funny,Rashard is gonna get %$%*!, money, cars, house etc. etc. why shouldnt he feel the bad things in life once in a while?????
I have a hard time feeling sorry for him, but I do not support the robbery in any way, after all Mendenhall worked his ++* off, im pretty sure, getting wherehe is at now. sooo....

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

I have a hard time imagining a normal sized person robbing a big ++* NFL player, the image is just hard to imagine, it almost seems comical. Hell it is funny, Rashard is gonna get %$%*!, money, cars, house etc. etc. why shouldnt he feel the bad things in life once in a while?????
I have a hard time feeling sorry for him, but I do not support the robbery in any way, after all Mendenhall worked his ++* off, im pretty sure, getting where he is at now. sooo....

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

it doesnt matter how big you are or what sport you play if someone hasa gun....gary coleman could rob shaq w/ a gun..

chicago is hard on athletes..

Originally Posted by innocentmanse7en

smh.gif

laugh.gif

The Pittsburgh Steelers figure to make Illinois running back Rashard Mendenhall, the 23rd pick in the NFL draft, a rich man. But relatives looking for a handout better think twice if Mendenhall's mother has anything to say about it.

"I'm good at saying 'no' -- real good," Sybil Mendenhall told the Chicago Tribune. "There's going to be a lot of 'nos,' a lot of disappointed people. You can't take care of everybody.

"We've already sat down and talked to aunts, uncles, cousins. We had to. Everyone was making their list and checking it twice, thinking he's going to be Santa Claus, and it's just not going to be like that.

"We had to say, 'Whatever you're doing, continue doing it. Don't quit your day job. If you're driving a raggedy car, you'll still have a raggedy car next week."
looks like they left too many "relatives" behind...

JerryRice80

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Thats the dumbest thing ive read on NT in a minute. Guns can kill elephants sooo why wouldnt they kill a person. You havent seen some of these guns these dudeare carring on the streets nowadays. Stick up kids dont care how big or small the prey is, bullets will lay anything down.

JerryRice80

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Thats the dumbest thing ive read on NT in a minute. Guns can kill elephants sooo why wouldnt they kill a person. You havent seen some of these guns these dudeare carring on the streets nowadays. Stick up kids dont care how big or small the prey is, bullets will lay anything down.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

The Pittsburgh Steelers figure to make Illinois running back Rashard Mendenhall, the 23rd pick in the NFL draft, a rich man. But relatives looking for a handout better think twice if Mendenhall's mother has anything to say about it.

"I'm good at saying 'no' -- real good," Sybil Mendenhall told the Chicago Tribune. "There's going to be a lot of 'nos,' a lot of disappointed people. You can't take care of everybody.

"We've already sat down and talked to aunts, uncles, cousins. We had to. Everyone was making their list and checking it twice, thinking he's going to be Santa Claus, and it's just not going to be like that.

"We had to say, 'Whatever you're doing, continue doing it. Don't quit your day job. If you're driving a raggedy car, you'll still have a raggedy car next week."

laugh.gif
she prolly has a 2 page list ready for "santa clause"too

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

Originally Posted by dyyhard

laugh.gif
she prolly has a 2 page list ready for "santa clause" too

I was about to say the same %$!$! IMO you should help your !+$$*$* family! Im not saying go buy everybody a bentley and a house, but you can do somethingsimple like... Buy a 10-12 unit building and house your family FREE of charge! that in turn will help them save money on rent and be an investment for you atthe same time. Im a generous person so if i ever made it big EVERYBODY would be taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom