Steph Curry Appreciation .... Greatest All Time Shooter When he's Done

I lived in NC while he was at Davidson...we heard about him a lot...then came the NCAA tournament where he killed....so much so that Lebron made it a priority to make it to a tournament game to watch him in person. Anyway I've been watching his career since his last two years of college. I expected him to do very well in the league...so far so good as long as his ankles hold up.
ok .....ive supported said guy is good. Check the post. But the thread says goat...not he is playing great...so far has been a good/great player. GOAT is greatest of all time. It is stupid to say a 2 year player...who has had an amazing first round playoff is the greatest of all time. Im not even a guy who takes stats to be the be all to end all. But watching his game, and it is great but its in short stints..and been for a short period of time.

Duration, long term...determines greatness...

The thread also says "When Hes Done" No one said he is the GOAT now, just that it will be. Shame on us for making a prediction about something.

The thread also says "When Hes Done" No one said he is the GOAT now, just that it will be. Shame on us for making a prediction about something.
he just started...i could see 5 or so years but 2....so a 2 year player...and saying he will have a decade plus of success isnt presumptuous...? Not only success but will be a goat...in which (not saying you) but vast majority of media ppl ppl in this thread says he will be goat...? But again it isnt presumptuous

he just started...i could see 5 or so years but 2....so a 2 year player...and saying he will have a decade plus of success isnt presumptuous...? Not only success but will be a goat...in which (not saying you) but vast majority of media ppl ppl in this thread says he will be goat...? But again it isnt presumptuous
This is Stephs 4th season though. Reggie Miller played 18 years and Ray Allen is on his 17th. So for arguments sake lets just call it a quarter; Steph is already a quarter of the year in to where those guys currently are, and in that Quarter he is vastly ahead of them in terms of 3 pointers made and doing it way more efficiently:
A+ thread, people need to recognize. Will go down as the best shooter ever
Thats in less games than all of those guys by the way, he is destroying them in 3 point percentage, and in his fourth year he has already taken away the 3Pointers in a season record. Its not like any of those guys will be getting that back from him. So in his fourth year, not only is he outpacing them, but hes doing it more effciently than they ever did. Reggies career high 3 point percentage isnt even higher than Stephs low, and his career average makes theirs look terrible. I think its completely within reason to make this thread, when you look at the numbers and see that hes trending upward and faster than those guys did at any point in their careers.

So hes doing all of this in year 4 going on year 5, when should we start talking about it? When does it not become presumptious? Year 10? Year 15? IMO its fine to talk about right now. We could very well be wrong(I highly doubt it), but talking about it now is better than waiting until his 10th year when all these records belong to him.

The lack of reading comprehension, as well as off the wall comparisons, in here are just
sick.gif
.  You would think I should be used to it by now, but still astonishes me.

ok .....ive supported said guy is good. Check the post. But the thread says goat...not he is playing great...so far has been a good/great player. GOAT is greatest of all time. It is stupid to say a 2 year player...who has had an amazing first round playoff is the greatest of all time. Im not even a guy who takes stats to be the be all to end all. But watching his game, and it is great but its in short stints..and been for a short period of time.

[COLOR=#red]I agree G.O.A.T. is a bit of hyperbole, but I know how to filter out the hype and just chalk it up to people being excited. In other words I don't take G.O.A.T. talk as literal most of the time. [/COLOR]

I agree G.O.A.T. is a bit of hyperbole, but I know how to filter out the hype and just chalk it up to people being excited. In other words I don't take G.O.A.T. talk as literal most of the time.
This is what I dont understand....

So I will put it out there, that I agree with you two that most of the time people calling someone the G.O.A.T. is really premature.  But how is it not valid in this situation to PROJECT that Curry could be the G.S.O.A.T??? (I needed to bold and underline the S, because thats ALL that is being discussed here. SHOOTING). 

So why is it ridiculous or "too early" to project that Steph could become the best shooter of all time?  Why?  How is it not justified?

So I will put it out there, that I agree with you two that most of the time people calling someone the G.O.A.T. is really premature.  But how is it not valid in this situation to PROJECT that Curry could be the G.S.O.A.T??? (I needed to bold and underline the S, because thats ALL that is being discussed here. SHOOTING). 

So why is it ridiculous or "too early" to project that Steph could become the best shooter of all time?  Why?  How is it not justified?

[COLOR=#red]My dude, I'm like on the hype train myself as far as Curry goes, and true it wouldn't be inconceivable to think or predict that he could be the greatest shooter of all time. For me it's like, now that he's in the discussion let's see if it actually happens. Do you see where I'm coming from? It's like I'm tempering my hype with a little rationality (if that's a word :lol:) [/COLOR]

Last edited:

My dude, I'm like on the hype train myself as far as Curry goes, and true it wouldn't be inconceivable to think or predict that he could be the greatest shooter of all time. For me it's like, now that he's in the discussion let's see if it actually happens. Do you see where I'm coming from? It's like I'm tempering my hype with a little rationality (if that's a word
laugh.gif
)
I hear what you are saying dude.  And you have been much more rational in this discussion than others have.  The wait and see approach is fine.  But to compare Curry's hype (and projection as potentially the greatest shooter of all time) to Harold Minor is absolutely absurd.  I am almost embarrassed that someone has made that comparison.

Why do I need to name 10 guards better than him? Where'd that come from? :rofl: :rofl:

You want 10 games right? Check the game log:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4795/gamelog;_ylt=AgFopU99ek4r2BzSrziOwQikvLYF?year=2011

If you're trolling, that's cute. If you're serious, you're just a big dummy :wow: :smile: .

And the hellllllllllllllllllll does hypebeast mean to you?
didnt say 10 games said 10 guards....why is there even a thread about a top 5 worst starting guard in the league if it isnt about his race...and ppl jock riding? Where is the cp3 thread...isnt he not worthy of an appreciation thread? Oh let me guess he sucks right. So out of all the mediocre to suck guards in the league, a asian one is getting praised on a majority asian website....and population of nba has went up 3x over in asian countries...But let me guess its a coincedence....a conspiracy. And again way to avoid...you couldnt name 10 starting guards better then him, cause there arent any.

:stoneface:

You said he had "okay" games. I gave you his game log during "linsanity" to prove those good/great games.
But why in the world would anyone need to name 10 starting guards better than him? What is the point of that?

So what if there's a thread on him? :lol:, I swear some of ya'll sensitive over nothing. Do I think he's overrated? Yeah. Did I think that was a great stint last year? Damn skippy.

I hear what you are saying dude.  And you have been much more rational in this discussion than others have.  The wait and see approach is fine.  But to compare Curry's hype (and projection as potentially the greatest shooter of all time) to Harold Minor is absolutely absurd.  I am almost embarrassed that someone has made that comparison.
Um they had magazine articles and commercials saying minor IS the next jordan.....I didnt make the comparisons etc....But end of the day those comparisons, premature predictions happened. So to be real curry's hype is less. Outside of nt... and a few ppl (got a few homies in oaktown/cali wh is hyping him up) but they at best said he is the best pure shooter in the game...which i can go with. (btw i say 2 years because he has been great as of 2 years,possibly 3...i cant say he is today where he was at a rookie) i cant honestly say 4 years ago as a rookie he was as good/playing great as he is today.

I mean if this thread was future goat...goat in the making...sure i could rock with that. But to say he already is..i just cant see how someone wouldnt see that as jumping the gun.

people on this thread can't even give this man an ounce of respect for what he has done so far this season. :smh:

Not even Western Conference head coaches and a lot of the media can give this guy some respect he deserves, or even appreciate his shattering of the three point record let alone dudes in this forum so i wouldn't be surprised...

Curry was one of the biggest all star snubs i can remember, and hes carried the DUBS on his back to winning ways and currently his team has a 3-2 lead over the Nuggets, the same Nuggets these "experts" predicted to be in the finals contender if not OKC. And for those who watch Steph on a regular basis, he can see that he is improving more and more each time as far as handling the ball, making better passes, and all the other specifics necessary to be a great PG in the league.

Yes he is young. Yes it is only his 4th season. Yes, he has had ankle issues, but at least he was able to OVERCOME that and exceed expectations set for him and the Warriors. And as of right now, he is the best shooter on the planet and i cant stress enough how much more he is improving on his overall PG game.

Now, whats not to appreciate of him? :D

indifferent.gif

You said he had "okay" games. I gave you his game log during "linsanity" to prove those good/great games.
But why in the world would anyone need to name 10 starting guards better than him? What is the point of that?

So what if there's a thread on him?
laugh.gif
, I swear some of ya'll sensitive over nothing. Do I think he's overrated? Yeah. Did I think that was a great stint last year? Damn skippy.
um kobe 45 plus run games was great games....ai run of 30 plus was great...wilt/oscar so on and so forth. His run was suprising and good...great nope. Overhyped definetly. Why name guards...cause a thread praising hyping someone should have merit..... if it isnt because he is good/game play then what is it?

I get it there isnt a plethra of asian players...and even less who actually did something noteworthy. But it is homersome to just praise/prop someone up just because of their race and ppl preference for that race. This isnt stormfront. or the world church website. Its a nike website that has branched off to general/music/sports topic..not a oh well lets just praise/prop up any race i am apart of and overhype that race based on preference.

I mean ppl did it (being blacks with tiger wood) but at least he IS GOOD..and at one point was the best..and had a loooooooooooong tenure of greatness. Um lin hasnt did any of this. At no point was he great, a top player of the league. Or displayed a long term tenure of greatness.

Proud of your race etc... cool have no problem with that and encourage it, but no need to flood a sports thread and make a thread about an mediocre player to do so. Just make a "I am proud to be asian/black/spanish etc... thread" and leave it as such. It be no different then someone making a lifelong thread about sorry/mediocre athletes that are homosexuals...just because collins came out, and you wanting to show support of homosexuals. Just make a homosexual support thread and keep it moving.

people on this thread can't even give this man an ounce of respect for what he has done so far this season.
mean.gif

Not even Western Conference head coaches and a lot of the media can give this guy some respect he deserves, or even appreciate his shattering of the three point record let alone dudes in this forum so i wouldn't be surprised...

Curry was one of the biggest all star snubs i can remember, and hes carried the DUBS on his back to winning ways and currently his team has a 3-2 lead over the Nuggets, the same Nuggets these "experts" predicted to be in the finals contender if not OKC. And for those who watch Steph on a regular basis, he can see that he is improving more and more each time as far as handling the ball, making better passes, and all the other specifics necessary to be a great PG in the league.

Yes he is young. Yes it is only his 4th season. Yes, he has had ankle issues, but at least he was able to OVERCOME that and exceed expectations set for him and the Warriors. And as of right now, he is the best shooter on the planet and i cant stress enough how much more he is improving on his overall PG game.

Now, whats not to appreciate of him?
happy.gif
Steph Curry Appreciation ....and it should be left as such. I agree with what you said. With that being said...it isnt knocking him, or disrespecting the man, or not showing an ounce of respect, by not agreeing he is the greatest shooter who has ever picked up a bball. Being rational, realistic, and using sense is disrespectfull now. I guess considering overhyping someone is normal. Let this man play flourish and continue to grow and get better.

I get it folks wanna be the first, nowadays folks wanna say see i told you...i was always on this, i was first etc... Im not a bandwagoner. But you dont have to go and be a hypebeast just to prove you arent bandwagon. he is a good player, playing great as of late and just leave it as such.

I mean if this thread was future goat...goat in the making...sure i could rock with that. But to say he already is..i just cant see how someone wouldnt see that as jumping the gun.
WHO SAID THIS? No one said it.

I'm done replying to shoelyesses. I dont know how many times you, me or others have to explicitly state that this claim about Curry's shooting has to do with PROJECTING where he will be when his career is over.  Yet he keeps stating that people are crowning him now.  Not once has that happened.  But he cant seem to differentiate between the two.

I'm done replying to shoelyesses. I dont know how many times you, me or others have to explicitly state that this claim about Curry's shooting has to do with PROJECTING where he will be when his career is over.  Yet he keeps stating that people are crowning him now.  Not once has that happened.  But he cant seem to differentiate between the two.
who says it...um its in the title of the thread.......... Where in the title does it say PROJECTED? exactly...it says he has already become the goat. How am i claiming accusing or saying that this thread says he is the goat... It says it again in the title. Show me where it says PROJECTED. Of course you cant. Basically ppl was caught with their mouthfull, i called them out on it and now ppl are back peddling/moonwalking and trying to justify the jock riding.

Lol at i cant see the difference.... um duh the thread says already he is goat...not PROJECTED to be goat. I like how you said i claim ppl/thread says he is the goat, as if the title of the thread doesnt say goat.

Shoes,

Him saying "when he is done" is future tense. So he is making a projection since he isn't done yet.

So, while I agree with you that it is premature/pointless/typical sports fan banter; he didn't crown him the GOAT shooter yet.

Its implied by saying one he is the best shooter in the game..and that he will be greatest of all time. You cant evaluate a body of work...until um duh...they have a body of work to evaluate. Like i said this has been done a thousand times over ala dwight will be greatest center....revis will be better then deion...and again (you can just look on the first page of the sports forum) lin will be an allstar top 10 player.

End of the day media most ppl etc... are taking media recent coverage of this guy and like sheeps going overboard and ick riding dude and overhyping. I know you are a fan of him...but lets not act like whoever made this thread had some epiphany and just made this thread and it didnt have anything to do with recent hype/media\/coverage etc....

Shoes,

Him saying "when he is done" is future tense. So he is making a projection since he isn't done yet.

So, while I agree with you that it is premature/pointless/typical sports fan banter; he didn't crown him the GOAT shooter yet.
and he could be and i agree but its kinda early to say. Let this man get some accolades etc..do something.

who says it...um its in the title of the thread.......... Where in the title does it say PROJECTED? exactly...it says he has already become the goat. How am i claiming accusing or saying that this thread says he is the goat... It says it again in the title. Show me where it says PROJECTED. Of course you cant. Basically ppl was caught with their mouthfull, i called them out on it and now ppl are back peddling/moonwalking and trying to justify the jock riding.

Lol at i cant see the difference.... um duh the thread says already he is goat...not PROJECTED to be goat. I like how you said i claim ppl/thread says he is the goat, as if the title of the thread doesnt say goat.
Quoted so you can't edit.

"When he's done"...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom