Stephen King's "It" being remade and brought to the big screen

[h1]Stephen King's "It" rises again as movie (Reuters)[/h1]
Source: Reuters Thu Mar 12, 2009, 10:49 pm EDT

http://buzz.yahoo.com/vote/ method=post>
  • LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Warner Bros . is bringing Stephen King's landmark horror novel "It" to the big screen.

Screenwriter Dave Kajganich will adapt the story, which follows a group of kids called the Losers Club. They encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise. When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle.

The novel is set in 1958 and 1985, but the feature version will be set in the present day.

"It" was the best-selling book of 1986 and in 1990 was turned into an ABC miniseries that starred John Ritter , Harry Anderson , Tim Reid, Annette O'Toole and Richard Thomas . Tim Curry played Pennywise.

The screen rights have bounced around since then.

Kajganich has made a name for himself with his dark materials, writing "The Invasion" for Warners and snagging gigs such as the " Pet Semetary " remake. He recently was hired to write New Line's " Escape From New York " remake.

(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)

Mannnn, Pennywise use to scare the crap outta me when I was little! I remember my momma had the book too. Hope they do it better this time..

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I had nightmares about that #@+*@$* clown for years and now a remake?!????.....here comes the memories
frown.gif

His novels do not translate well into film. His short stories do, word to the green mile and shawshank redemption. I loved this movie as a kid, and the book is100x better.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I had nightmares about that #@+*@$* clown for years and now a remake?!????.....here comes the memories
frown.gif
word.
tired.gif

Where does King come up with his ideas for his books? He's got to be doing drugs!

oh god this movie scared the crap outta me as a kid
i still dont like clowns but ill go see this

This is one movie that never scared me. Now Killer Clowns From Outer Space.....scared the !++! out of me

Back
Top Bottom