stern wants to cut player salary by one third

NEW YORK -- NBA commissioner David Stern says there was no quantifiableprogress in collective bargaining talks over the summer, and the leaguehas revealed it is seeking a reduction in player salary costs by aboutone-third.

Stern says the league wants player costs to drop by about $750 millionto $800 million. Deputy commissioner Adam Silver says the NBA currentlyspends about $2.1 billion annually in player salaries and benefits.

Stern completed two days of meetings Thursday with his owners, who areseeking major changes to the current CBA that expires June 30. Silversays the league has repeatedly told the union that owners are in a"diseconomic situation," with projected losses of about $340 million to$350 million this season.

David Stern: Stern: NBA wants player salaries cut by a third - ESPN
i smell a lockout.... oh man

NEW YORK -- NBA commissioner David Stern says there was no quantifiableprogress in collective bargaining talks over the summer, and the leaguehas revealed it is seeking a reduction in player salary costs by aboutone-third.

Stern says the league wants player costs to drop by about $750 millionto $800 million. Deputy commissioner Adam Silver says the NBA currentlyspends about $2.1 billion annually in player salaries and benefits.

Stern completed two days of meetings Thursday with his owners, who areseeking major changes to the current CBA that expires June 30. Silversays the league has repeatedly told the union that owners are in a"diseconomic situation," with projected losses of about $340 million to$350 million this season.

David Stern: Stern: NBA wants player salaries cut by a third - ESPN
i smell a lockout.... oh man

the issue with the owners is that only some of the small market teams that are losing money continue to give out contracts. I feel that all athletes are overpaid but i could care less what changes they make unless they make it possible for the average fan to be able to attend a game or two.

a lockout will be a mess if they do it, the nba needed mike to return to really rcover from the 50 game season in 99. GREED is gonna destroy this country

the issue with the owners is that only some of the small market teams that are losing money continue to give out contracts. I feel that all athletes are overpaid but i could care less what changes they make unless they make it possible for the average fan to be able to attend a game or two.

a lockout will be a mess if they do it, the nba needed mike to return to really rcover from the 50 game season in 99. GREED is gonna destroy this country

Wonder if he is willing to do the same

Billionaires who buy sports teams as a hobby, status symbol, etc. that cry over "losing" money is laughable

Wonder if he is willing to do the same

Billionaires who buy sports teams as a hobby, status symbol, etc. that cry over "losing" money is laughable

Lol this would never go through and stern knows it. If it were to happen you'd see a whole lot of quality NBA players collecting euros instead of dollars. it's obviously going to be rejected and is a perfect example of the door-in-the-face technique in negotiating.

Lol this would never go through and stern knows it. If it were to happen you'd see a whole lot of quality NBA players collecting euros instead of dollars. it's obviously going to be rejected and is a perfect example of the door-in-the-face technique in negotiating.

Oh I'm sure the players can't wait to sign on the dotted line for that deal. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Negotiating tactic. No way it will fall that far though. It's a messed up situation. 

Negotiating tactic. No way it will fall that far though. It's a messed up situation. 

Back
Top Bottom