Steve Jobs Died...

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Steve Jobs helped Pixar get its start. RIP to a great man.

That Pixar documentary was really good. Pixar program was even invented at Lucas/ILM. All those guys are boys and started their own empires. Respect.

I love Apple stuff but am hardly a fanboy but I think it sucks for anyone to die so damn young. My dad is older then him for christ sake.

Rest In Peace yo........

Originally Posted by MrONegative

tumblr_lqhr46trpa1qz9917o1_500.png
eek.gif
pimp.gif
x 1,000

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

- Steve Jobs

eek.gif
tired.gif

I also found this quote to be nice:
“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me. - Steve Jobs
[h6]Its really sad that we lost such an innovator and a genius at a "relatively" young age. People like that are rare and he has had such a huge impact on society. Its crazy, when you REALLY think about it, how huge this guy was/is and what we've lost. R.I.P Steve Jobs.[/h6]

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

I work for Apple in NYC. I'll never forget how I learned that he passed.

Customer asked me about iCloud. I go to apple.com to show her, and there it was. I knew it was legit because everything on apple.com is confirmed. I was, and still am upset. A few of my co-workers were in tears and almost everyone was visibly upset.
30t6p3b.gif
, over a person they never met. I swear the Simpsons got it right, some people damn near worshiped Jobs 

Well, you have to look from our perspective.  
No one I work with - managers, store leaders, geniuses, etc. have ever met him.  But at the same time he's had a profound affect on all of our lives.  It's not even about the products.  If it weren't for him coming back there are no stores, no opportunities for employment, and there are no products.  His vision of what the company should be may not be the only reason why Apple is successful but it definitely has something to do with it.   

On top of that I had a closing shift.  The managers and our store leader said some of the most inspirational stuff I've ever heard.  There wasn't a dry eye in the room.  Including my own.  I have nothing but love and respect for him.  RIP
So when Gates dies you guys gonna cry too? Because Apple would be died if it were not for the bailout MS gave it in the 1990s. 
I understand that he was a great leader and you guys are sad to see them go, but crying is OD. He did not have a direct impact on you guys lives 

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Go take some pictures man
LMFAO!

ya find that funny..... i asked a legitimate question being that when this thread popped up people were saying it was a mistake, go play in traffic, cornballs.
anyhow, RIP Mr. Jobs.
Bruh, you asked when the thread was double digit pages deep. It was a stupid question.

30t6p3b.gif
, over a person they never met. I swear the Simpsons got it right, some people damn near worshiped Jobs 

No one I work with - managers, store leaders, geniuses, etc. have ever met him.  But at the same time he's had a profound affect on all of our lives.  It's not even about the products.  If it weren't for him coming back there are no stores, no opportunities for employment, and there are no products.  His vision of what the company should be may not be the only reason why Apple is successful but it definitely has something to do with it.   

On top of that I had a closing shift.  The managers and our store leader said some of the most inspirational stuff I've ever heard.  There wasn't a dry eye in the room.  Including my own.  I have nothing but love and respect for him.  RIP
So when Gates dies you guys gonna cry too? Because Apple would be died if it were not for the bailout MS gave it in the 1990s. 
I understand that he was a great leader and you guys are sad to see them go, but crying is OD. He did not have a direct impact on you guys lives 
Well, if he didn't come back... there would be no stores.  No stores = no jobs.  To each his own opinion though.
I understand why you think what you do.  It's logical, but I personally don't agree with it. 

I work for Apple in NYC. I'll never forget how I learned that he passed.

Customer asked me about iCloud. I go to apple.com to show her, and there it was. I knew it was legit because everything on apple.com is confirmed. I was, and still am upset. A few of my co-workers were in tears and almost everyone was visibly upset.
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif
 New product releaese were always so fun, Holiday marketing meetings are always dope, and the training and work atmosphere he created is matched by no retail job. Hell even non retail jobs... He truly built a lifestyle out of a product, and those same qualities they teach you working there take you further than any product you buy/sell can. 
People who have never worked for apple will never understand. Working there really changes the way you think, act, and live in a way. Again, ITS MORE THAN JUST COMPUTERS WORKING THERE. Its like a family at every store, literally. They keep you so tight together at work, every day is like a chill session. 

And just like you said, its hard for them to understand if they're looking from the outside in. 

RIP to Steve Jobs. 

Well, if he didn't come back... there would be no stores.  No stores = no jobs.  To each his own opinion though.
I understand why you think what you do.  It's logical, but I personally don't agree with it. 
You know what brah, I can definitely respect that. And I sincerely wish your coworker the best. Srs 

Wonder where he's headed. Thanks for the good labor in his time on Earth though.

Crazy how this happened all of a sudden. It was a sudden hit on the floor we were all stunned and did not know how to react. He was a creative man who has changed our lives at least in some way.

I've worked with Apple.
I didn't think I'd be this affected, especially knowing that he wouldn't be around much longer, but this truly hits home.
RIP to a great innovator, inspirer, and genius. You'll be missed, Mr. Jobs.

Back
Top Bottom