Steve Jobs Died...

Among the many things Steve succeeded in, The dude stood firm against the out of touch record companies and changed the way the consumer could buy music they like at prices they liked. Reading about him in various books is fascinating. He alone completely changed the way we make purchases and without his ideas and his backbone we likely still would be controlled by execs forcing us to spend $15 on a CD for one song we like and then we have to still put it on our computer ourselves.

yea its unfortunate, sad.. but some of ya'll act like he's some god like figure

smh at some of the facebook status updates.. come on now the guy didn't feed you.

you bought his phone and that's that.

he's not your daddy.

Never asked for a bailout when things were rough. Never gave campaign contributions. Never used lobbyist to help him succeed. Never asked for a handout from the government.

Steve Jobs is the epitome of a Free Marketeer and proves the power of the "Invisible Hand" even in an environment where the cards are against him. Steve Jobs was the greatest businessmen and innovator since Henry Ford, John Davison Rockefeller (though disgusting human beings), and James Cash Penney. 

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

come on now the guy didn't feed you.
laugh.gif
Hey, he fed me in college. I worked for Apple in college.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I really don't know what is sadder, his death or the apathy of those dismissing it.

So much has changed in the past decade and this man was one of the catalyst.

I remember seeing the big colorful iMacs that dropped in The late 90's. Blew everyones mind. They were functional and looked cool as *%*#.

iPods changed the game. Anyone that doesn't think so never lugged around a cd player and a bunch of CDs. Sure there were those mp3 players that looked like flash drives but the iPod and iTunes wiped all of those things.

The MacBook, fanboys defend it, haters and PC fanboys will always blast it. Bottom line is once you go MacBook you never look back. It's an amazing machine.

The iPhone pushed the envelope. Android fans can say what they want, the iPhone converted all the touchscreen cynics who didn't want to give up their blackberry's or qwerty keyboard phones. iPhones laid the groundwork for android devices.

The iPad, when it first dropped Jobs and Apple got a lot of *%*# for it. Pointless, big iPod touch, th "iPon". All it did was hit the market and change the way tablets were looked at. Prior to that the tablet market was a niche market for avid book readers who had Kindles. The iPad made netbooks obsolete, unless you got suckered into buying an acer or lenovo on black Friday 2009.

Apple changed the game and Jobs was the man pulling the strings.
You said everything
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

Never asked for a bailout when things were rough. Never gave campaign contributions. Never used lobbyist to help him succeed. Never asked for a handout from the government.

Steve Jobs is the epitome of a Free Marketeer and proves the power of the "Invisible Hand" even in an environment where the cards are against him. Steve Jobs was the greatest businessmen and innovator since Henry Ford, John Davison Rockefeller (though disgusting human beings), and James Cash Penney. 
Couldn't have said it better myself 
pimp.gif

[h1]Isaacson Shares a Touching Preview of the Steve Jobs Biography[/h1]Time Magazine has cancelled its previously scheduled print run this week in order to put together a retrospective issue on Steve Jobs. In it, Walter Isaacson -- Steve Jobs' biographer -- writes a preview of what's to come, via Fortune.

In the early summer of 2004, I got a phone call from him. He had been scattershot friendly to me over the years, with occasional bursts of intensity, especially when he was launching a new product that he wanted on the cover of Time or featured on CNN, places where I'd worked. But now that I was no longer at either of those places, I hadn't heard from him much. We talked a bit about the Aspen Institute, which I had recently joined, and I invited him to speak at our summer campus in Colorado. He'd be happy to come, he said, but not to be onstage. He wanted, instead, to take a walk so we could talk.

That seemed a bit odd. I didn't yet know that taking a long walk was his preferred way to have a serious conversation. It turned out that he wanted me to write a biography of him. I had recently published one on Benjamin Franklin and was writing one about Albert Einstein, and my initial reaction was to wonder, half jokingly, whether he saw himself as the natural successor in that sequence. Because I assumed that he was still in the middle of an oscillating career that had many more ups and downs left, I demurred. Not now, I said. Maybe in a decade or two, when you retire.

But I later realized that he had called me just before he was going to be operated on for cancer for the first time. As I watched him battle that disease, with an awesome intensity combined with an astonishing emotional romanticism, I came to find him deeply compelling, and I realized how much his personality was ingrained in the products he created. His passions, demons, desires, artistry, devilry and obsession for control were integrally connected to his approach to business, so I decided to try to write his tale as a case study in creativity.The release date of the book has been moved up twice, and is now October 24th. After Jobs resigned as CEO in August, he knew the end was near. The WSJ reports that Isaacson's last interview was roughly four weeks ago, and "Jobs indicated at that time that he knew he was going to die soon."

9to5Mac has another touching excerpt from Isaacson's Time Magazine essay, which will hit newsstands tomorrow, that reiterates the love Steve Jobs had for his family, especially his children:

A few weeks ago, I visited Jobs for the last time in his Palo Alto, Calif., home. He had moved to a downstairs bedroom because he was too weak to go up and down stairs. He was curled up in some pain, but his mind was still sharp and his humor vibrant. We talked about his childhood, and he gave me some pictures of his father and family to use in my biography. As a writer, I was used to being detached, but I was hit by a wave of sadness as I tried to say goodbye. In order to mask my emotion, I asked the one question that was still puzzling me: Why had he been so eager, during close to 50 interviews and conversations over the course of two years, to open up so much for a book when he was usually so private? “I wanted my kids to know me,

Steve Jobs was the nig. Even if you have nothing apple, you have to give him props for what's he's accomplished. He single handily revolutioned the tech world. RIP

"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going,
was that I loved what I did.
You’ve got to find what you love.
And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life.
And the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work
And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
If you haven’t found it yet keep looking. Don’t settle.
As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
And, like any great relationship,
it just gets better and better as the years roll on.
So keep looking. Don’t settle."

- Steve Jobs, R.I.P

damnnn

not big on apple but i do respect the things he did....hell his work w/ pixar makes him a god off gate

Originally Posted by rashi

Microsoft bailed out Apple back in the 90's. Doesn't change by anything just thought I'd share

when he resigned from ceo i thought it was an excuse just maybe retire from the phone markets over powering hardware but no words can describe this worlds lost....

There is some serious knuckle heads in this thread who seriously lack respect.

Regardless, he was a visionary who shaped this generation.

His commencement speech at Stanford from 2005, was some of the most, if not THE most inspiring speech I've ever heard, truly brilliant words from Jobs.

If you haven't watched it yet, do so, you won't regret it.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

There is some serious knuckle heads in this thread who seriously lack respect.

Regardless, he was a visionary who shaped this generation.

His commencement speech at Stanford from 2005, was some of the most, if not THE most inspiring speech I've ever heard, truly brilliant words from Jobs.

If you haven't watched it yet, do so, you won't regret it.
agreed he is highly underated.   

Back
Top Bottom