its really the biggest debate ever...
biger than...
heaven VS. hell
good vs. evil
tupac vs. biggie
ketchup vs catsup

Yo!

I always wondered....

Is Rob Van Dam related to Jean Claude Van-Damme?
nerd.gif

I remember having this debate over 12 years ago (whenever maximum exposure came out starring van damme) in the car with my bro and his to friends on our way toUnos after seeing the movie.

It boils down to this: Segal is a 'neat' fighter. Meaning, he rarely gets hit, if at all, by his opponents. I mean he will walk into a bar and disposeof 10 dudes in under 5 minutes without even breaking a sweat. Throwing dudes through windows. Breaking their arms. The works. But his fighting style isn'thigh flying. He's not going to jump and spin kick a dude. Akido (sp) is all about movement and momentum, etc. etc. wikipedia it for a better explanation.

Van Damme on the other hand, will get beaten half to death, into a bloody disgusting mess before he fights back and eventually wins the fight. He's more ofa high flyer. So he'll do the acrobatic kicks and such.

Plus, to be fair, you should only judge the movies made by them in the late 80s and early 90s. Basically everything before Under Seige (for Segal) andeverything before Time Cop (for Van Damme).

So for me..I have to say I enjoy the early Segal movies better than the Van Damme movies. So I choose Segal in a close race to finish first.

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

i think JCVD has a bio movie out?
Fam its not even a biography...its an action movie where he plays himself
roll.gif

And I've never seen a Segal flick in its entirety, my pops always used to rent Van Damme stuff.

Van damme becuz he always seemed like he was more passionate fighter.

seagals movies were usually about someone disrespecting him or killing his family... jcvd,was always in some kind of tournament...lol
seagal is good,but i doubt he could get through ALL jcvds moves without using a kick or some kinda extra movement...

JCVD...

EDIT: also take into consideration seagals mastery of weapons and explosives... so,fist fight JCVD,but in an all out war.. steve.

ahh this will never end.

i think rob van damme just took it cuz they look alike..
kinda like HBK looks like BRETT MICHAELS... anyone?

but ya,check THIs out... apparently this isnt fiction... in 1997 at sly stallones house..
WOW...

I always been a fan of Jean-Claude.
Im looking forward to Segals new show on A&E next month tho
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom