Stickem' Up !:: Vol: ever get Robbed over Jays or other shoes?...

not in real life yet, but got scammed on the bay for a DMP by ebay ID igotsole247, like 2 years ago, paypal now have these new rules that I wish they had backthen, lost 300 bucks. Learned my lesson for sure!

well someone actually broke into my house in November 08 and got me for 18 pairs could of been most of my collection since everything was pretty much allbagged up but thankfuly they ran out when my sister got to the house and more than nothing she was ok...oh and my black low top 16s back when I was in schoolduring basketball practice

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Had DS Playoff VIIIs stolen from my locker.
you had DS shoes in your locker....?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by joeman1515

Originally Posted by Mac4167

i unforunatly was robbed at gun point for a pair of jays, when i was 16, was on my way to basketball practice and i would have to catch the city bus to school. i wore my blk/chrome 8's. while i was waiting there, a car pulled up, dude jumped out with a burner and told me to run'em. i walked back to the crib and told myself it would never happen again, so now i carry a piece.
so you can shoot someone next time they ask for your jordans
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
just contributing to the problem now
killing every thief would actually solce the problem
laugh.gif

when I go on a release day though I just wear a pair of running shoes, wont get robbed and can run past all the slow cats when they open the mall

oh i remember seeing someone get stuffed for there Cool grey IX's

I was working at suns clothing at northland mall back in the day and i just so happen to see the aftermath

all i heard was " yo do they have anymore of them jays?" dude replied "naw i got the last size" robber replied saying " what size youwear?" dude said "i wear and 9.5"...next thing i know dude was on the ground quick.

^^^^^ %+* does that have to do with anything???? anyways...i haven't been robbed and hopefully never will get robbed. I've never been out on releasedate day because of the fear of having a heater pointed at my face. I've basically been using the internet to it's fullest extent when purchasingsneakers. I feel sorry for anyone that have been or does get jacked out of their shoes. I was actually even thinking about trying to cop those spacejam'scoming out later this year on release date day. and boy, with a $175 retail price, that would've been double the stupidity.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Had DS Playoff VIIIs stolen from my locker.
you had DS shoes in your locker....?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by joeman1515

Originally Posted by Mac4167

i unforunatly was robbed at gun point for a pair of jays, when i was 16, was on my way to basketball practice and i would have to catch the city bus to school. i wore my blk/chrome 8's. while i was waiting there, a car pulled up, dude jumped out with a burner and told me to run'em. i walked back to the crib and told myself it would never happen again, so now i carry a piece.
so you can shoot someone next time they ask for your jordans
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
just contributing to the problem now
killing every thief would actually solce the problem
laugh.gif

when I go on a release day though I just wear a pair of running shoes, wont get robbed and can run past all the slow cats when they open the mall
killing every thief might solve the theft problem but then u have just become a murderer...i wonder if that would involve thepolice??...hmmm...still think the problem i solved?

I think all stores should do pre-pay/reservations or have a ticket system when it comes to ultra-popular releases, like the 11/12 CDP was and like the SpaceJams are going to be. It'd likely cut down on the madness drastically.

My house has been broken into, but nobody has ever been up to me face to face trying to take my shoes or whatever I have.

Originally Posted by killacam92345

thank got it hasn't happened to me but my cousin got robbed for his concord six rings, took everything but his beater, drawers, & socks
LOL who robs six rings hahahh

No Ive never been robbed for my J's. but if someone tried to break into my house for them...my XD-40 will stop them lol

2006 was the year when people went crazy in the DMV.

I was at one spot(Eastover) for the Black/Caro V release, and the manager from another store called the spot where I was,and said the whole line
got jacked.

Seen this little asian kid get strong armed for his Grapes.

i had two dudes waiting outside of a store to jack me for my space jams but the saw i was with my moms and left

Originally Posted by UltraPromoman

Robberies & other shoe-induced crimes still go down. I almost got robbed by someone @ the mall the morning the Cool Grey Jordan XI released back in 2001. He backed off when I stood up to him. I saw someone get robbed for their 11/12 CDP on release day this past December. He got hit in the head from behind and the attacker ran like LT. The security guards tried to help, but the dude got away. Jordans are consistently popular releases and the really sought after pairs, such as Jordan XIs, do tend to induce Hurricane Katrina behavior out of people, no matter the age or sex. Those Jordans tend to sell out in minutes and when you throw in the fact that store employees often steal or have all kinds of shady dealings that make them even harder for people to buy, then you've got a disaster waiting to happen. The best things to do are:

1) Try getting them online. Make sure your computer is fast & reliable and that you're ready to order as the window is very small. Sites, like Nike/Finish Line/Eastbay tend to crash due to high volume. You may have to pay higher for them, but this is the safest way to get them.

2) If you have the hookup, then use it. This is better than point 1.

3) If you do have to go to the store, then go as early as you can. Find out when the mall or store opens, where you can wait, what entrance you can use and get out there at least few hours early. For example, if the spot opens at 5 AM, I'd try to be out there by at least 2AM. That way, you greatly sweeten your chances of getting your pair & avoiding drama, especially with linecutters. These cats (women are especially bad on this count) are the leading cause of a lot of the crime and crazy stories that you hear about. It's not uncommon for them to actually be the robbers that you hear about in the first place.

4) If possible, don't go alone. Even grown men can and do get clapped for not only their Js, but for their cash and other valuables on release days. If you do go alone, it's not crazy to carry a weapon. Like I say, you can across people who'll try you because they want something for nothing.

5) Know your surroundings. Malls or areas that're known for heavy crime are best avoided. Not only because you stand a better chance of getting hit up, but because stores like that usually have policies that make it harder on legit people to get the shoes because of the safety issue.
in that order

oh wait, i actually remembered that i got a pair of ds chambray vii's stolen from my front door. I had recently bought 'em off ebay for a damn goodprice, i was pissed!!!! This isn't anywhere near the tragedies of people held at gunpoint, but i just wanted to share.....

Never been jacked.

But I was walking around the mall a few months ago with my Zen Yeezys on, and these two mexican dudes were following me all around the mall, lookin realsuspicious. Then I stopped in Footaction and just chilled there for a little while, then they left.

I suppose i'm kinda lucky that I live an area of Oregon where no one really knows what real heat is haha, everyone around here is happy with their fusionsand skate shoes so i never have problems like that, and i'm really grateful too

Back
Top Bottom