Stocking the Space Jams..(how to)

Hello i checked the sneaker maint post and didnt see anything on stocking the space jams, i have plenty of silica packs but also need to know what size ziplocks to buy.... and when i do get the zip locks do i put the silica packs in the shoe, the zip lock, or just in the box? any other tips for keeping them iceybesides room temp? thanks for your time and i really dont have time for flaming,.. it is a simple question if it is in the wrong spot mods please place thiswhere it needs to be.... thanks everyone

Just buy the big GALLON SIZE Ziploc Bags. You can find em at Walmart for like 6 dollars I think..
I put the Silica Packets under the tissue paper, but do not put ALOT of them in the box.

keep in box still in a dark cool place...under the bed...closet...no sunlight/heat...that will cause yellowing...don't over do it with the silica packbecause that can cause cracking by keeping it tooo dry....so far all my deadstocks are immaculate even though 10yrs have passed and I should start wearing thembut my current ones are still just as good to wear...

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

keep in box still in a dark cool place...under the bed...closet...no sunlight/heat...that will cause yellowing...don't over do it with the silica pack because that can cause cracking by keeping it tooo dry....so far all my deadstocks are immaculate even though 10yrs have passed and I should start wearing them but my current ones are still just as good to wear...

pics?

Just make sure that the spot you store them is dry. Moisture is bad news for stocking your J's.

I actually use seran wrap on my shoes. I dont wrap them too tight (let air get in) and the soles are still icey.

No silica packs, but my apt is in a cool basement. But I do place the box in a huge plastic bag and seal it, but not airtight.

Originally Posted by Jordanthe23

Just buy the big GALLON SIZE Ziploc Bags. You can find em at Walmart for like 6 dollars I think..
I put the Silica Packets under the tissue paper, but do not put ALOT of them in the box.
Doesn't silica gel leaks after a while? If it does, then it's not good for your sneakers.

What I do is tape my packets to the inside side of the box so that they won't have any pressure resting against them. And it's more convenient.

Once the gel inside starts to turn yellow, I throw them out and get a brand new one.

Seriously if you're this concerned about how to store a shoe you prob shouldn't have bought them.

Either put them on your feet and wear them, or just toss them on a rack in the box the way they came.

I've got shoes over 13 years old that get no special treatments and they're just fine.

You guys put WAY too much time and effort into "stocking" a shoe.

Just my $0.02 cents.

if your not going to wear them just put them under your bed. you dont need any silica packs or zip locs, i dont know where people got the idea that these wereactually good for the shoes, they actually make the shoes start to crack.

Originally Posted by abernja

Seriously if you're this concerned about how to store a shoe you prob shouldn't have bought them.

Either put them on your feet and wear them, or just toss them on a rack in the box the way they came.

I've got shoes over 13 years old that get no special treatments and they're just fine.

Just my $0.02 cents.
This could be the greatest post EVER. I wish all of NT would read this. You sir are a god
pimp.gif

Do not put them in plastic bags
Do not wrap them in saran wrap
Do not wrap them in saran wrap w/ silica packs
Do not put silica packs in box
Remove tissue paper that comes with shoes
Do not put them in a refrigerator

Do put them in a cool dark place
If you insist using silica packs, buy Damp Rid. DR removes moisture in the air like silica packs. Place one in your closet and refill when necessary.

silica packs work on some shoes they've kepy mt Laser IV's midsole white maybe it could be that this shoe was made with great quality, but ithasn't suffered the same yellowing my 01 retro 3's have you can see the difference between the sole and midsole...btw i wear the crap outta them

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by abernja

Just my $0.02 cents.
This could be the greatest post EVER. I wish all of NT would read this. You sir are a god
pimp.gif

I agree with this post

another option is to send them to me and ill take care of them for you and ill send them when you want to wear them.

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

silica packs work on some shoes they've kepy mt Laser IV's midsole white maybe it could be that this shoe was made with great quality, but it hasn't suffered the same yellowing my 01 retro 3's have you can see the difference between the sole and midsole...btw i wear the crap outta them
midsoles wont yellow on Laser IVs because they are painted white, not dyed ..........

wear your shoes!

Originally Posted by s dubl

midsoles wont yellow on Laser IVs because they are painted white, not dyed ..........

wear your shoes!
Understood they're painted, but granted, even after 5 years I've seen other pairs cracked and paint yellowed out horribly, but it'sgood to have some longevity I DID cough up 225 for them...like i said b4 i wear the crap outta them!

Back
Top Bottom