Stolen iphone

I left my iPhone at a restaurant and realized this and went back to the place only to find out that it was missing. I asked all the employees and they all said the didn't see it. I couldn't use the iCloud to track it because the kid had turned off the phone. However, he turned on the phone later during the night and I got his address. Turns out it was one of the bus boys at the restaurant. Reported to the cops, and they were able to retrieve it. He is playing innocent saying his cousin who was at the restaurant took the phone and that he was just keeping it at his house. I got the phone back with no damages except he wiped my pictures which I'm pretty pissed about. Should I press charges on this kid? He is only 18 years old and I am leaning on letting it slide with a slap on the wrist as he is going to get fired from his job.
cliffs:

Got phone stolen, cops got it back with no damages, should I press charges?

Nah bro just let him slide. Hopefully he learned enough by losing his little income.

Getting fired is enough for him IMO. Right before the holidays, when he'll need $ the most.

FindMyiPhone
pimp.gif

yea, if you want to. kid shouldnt of been thinking that way. you know his intentions. dont let him be relived that he got away with a slap on the wrist. only if your up for it though, cause im sure its time consuming.

Since he got fired i'd let it slide. Stupid on kids part but hopefully you'll help him learn from his mistakes. DTRT op

getting fired is more than enough of a reprucussion

never heard of someone pressing charges over a phone.

if it was me id talk to the kid make him do some work for me like cleaning or something and tell the restaurant owner to give him his job back.

we both benefit

It is just a phone but it is the iPhone 4s which is valued at over 600 which is a third-degree theft in NJ. Cops were telling me to press charges as this kid is supposedly shady as he keeps his door locked in his house at all times. I just don't want this kid to do these kinda things again but at the same time I don't want this to stay in his records forever over a mistake at a young age. 

honestly press charges

kids like that are scum and theyll learn there lesson and itll stop em from doing stupid stuff like that in the future

and howd you use icloud to find his address?

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

honestly press charges

kids like that are scum and theyll learn there lesson and itll stop em from doing stupid stuff like that in the future

and howd you use icloud to find his address?

Iphone has a tracking app called find my iPhone which pinpoints the exact location of the phone when the phone is on and shows it through iCloud.com. Crazy accurate.

let it go you got ur phone back so +%%! it
he already got fired pressing charges would be pretty harsh

Originally Posted by dankenstein23

let it go you got ur phone back so +%%! it
he already got fired pressing charges would be pretty harsh

you act like getting a new job would be hard for kid hes 18 and was a busboy

mcdonalds is always hiring kid can get a new low end job he wont learn from it

i know these type of kids you gotta nip em in the bud now

Do it bro', no telling if he's done it or will do it again. 
Common Sense would tell you to put it aside in case they come back, 'cause I promise you no one is going to leave a $600 phone some where and not go back and look for it! 
indifferent.gif

Press charges.
Why feel bad for him? Dude was probably going to sell your phone and not think
twice about your feelings. Why should you care about his? He made his bed, now
it's time to deal with the consequences.

getting fired WAS the slap on the wrist imo. bus boy aint *$%%. but regardless, busboy or ceo, he knew what he wanted to do and should be responsible for any level of repercussions.

Let it go, you got your phone back. If anything, you should be more careful with your phone

When he got confronted with what he did, he tried to blame it on someone else.
Press charges on him so next time he'll be reluctant take what isn't his.
Besides he wiped your pix, so I doubt he had any intention of finding its owner.

Back
Top Bottom