STREET FIGHTER 4!

Anyone up for some matches?

PSN: cool_rain

just add me
happy.gif

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

It's too easy beating Kens/Ryus/Akumas/Sagats.
fixed
Least in my case
laugh.gif

The people I run into who use Sagat use him just like the other three which = him being a more damaging Ken or Ryu at best. Even the canceling ones screw up alot. Then Again I use Balrog and Sagat so I don't have to worry about damage much. (PSN
alien.gif
)

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I dunno why y'all get so heated fighting Ryu and Ken. It's usually an easy W.
but sometimes u will run into a dude who is a beast with Ryu and it messes up your game because u thought it would be an easy win.

I fought some dude who knocked me in the air and on my way down he did his ultra. I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
when i saw that because i had no idea he could do that.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

but sometimes u will run into a dude who is a beast with Ryu and it messes up your game because u thought it would be an easy win.

I fought some dude who knocked me in the air and on my way down he did his ultra. I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
That SRK > FADC > Ultra's is sexy ain't it? ;D

When I get upset or begin to lose, I use Zangief and it makes all the bad go away
smile.gif

I just unlocked everyone but Seth, Gouken reminds me of Geese with his reversals, but I don't think he's all that. I wish Ryu had that Uppercut that hehas though
frown.gif

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SETH..

You have to beat the game with everyone right?
Can you continue?
Do y ou have to do any ultra finishes or perfects?

I want to get seth but Im a little confused on how to. Please help.

There really is no use in complaining about losing to the same type of fighters. Unless you can't be dynamic enough w/ your own game to adjust accordingly.I've lost plenty of times to know how to adjust to certain characters. It takes some time, but soon you'll find yourself fighting a well balanced game.This is also why I prefer 5 round online matches. Gives me time to learn my opponents habits and adjust accordingly. Even if i lose I still learn.

Originally Posted by Pakwan

eek.gif
eek.gif
Forget that! I'm more concerned with Ryu's who know that you can SRK straight into his Super
eek.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MLeg11

There really is no use in complaining about losing to the same type of fighters. Unless you can't be dynamic enough w/ your own game to adjust accordingly. I've lost plenty of times to know how to adjust to certain characters. It takes some time, but soon you'll find yourself fighting a well balanced game. This is also why I prefer 5 round online matches. Gives me time to learn my opponents habits and adjust accordingly. Even if i lose I still learn.
QFT

Originally Posted by djaward

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SETH..

You have to beat the game with everyone right?
Can you continue?
Do y ou have to do any ultra finishes or perfects?

I want to get seth but Im a little confused on how to. Please help.
beat it with everyone one round on 30 seconds yes u can continue.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Pakwan

eek.gif
eek.gif
Forget that! I'm more concerned with Ryu's who know that you can SRK straight into his Super
eek.gif
smh.gif

after dp fadc to ultra thats it :tongue: or when someone is jumping towards you dp to ultra, which is easier if some of you have trouble w/ fadc'ing

it's boring. there are a bunch of other characters, i've played 95% of my online matches against two characters, and the flow chartsfloating around could accurately depict how they fight.

How do you change the language to Japanese. I kinda wanna hear this song now. And what's with people making 30 second matches? I just played an Akuma wherehe just diagonal hadokens all day then when I got near he he just teleported across the screen
smh.gif

[h1]Additional SFIV National Championship details[/h1]

A few more details were filled in today about the SFIV World Finals being held in San Francisco. Here's the breakdown from the press release.

STREET FIGHTER IV NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

WHAT: GAMESTOP, the world's largest video game retailer, has partnered with CAPCOM and the EVO Championship Series, the largest and longest-running fighting game tournaments in the world, to host the Street Fighter IV US National Championship Finals on Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 7 p.m.

Also it has been confirmed by Seth Killian that the legendary Daigo will be the 3rd player in the World Finals, instead of a European player as previously believed. He'll join Iyo and Poongko to compete against each other and the winner from America.

The event will take place at Fort Mason in San Francisco, where 16 national finalists will battle it out for the Grand Prize before advancing to represent the US in an International Exhibition featuring champions from Japan and Korea. Street Fighter fans will be able to experience the action up close and personal as the finalists will be playing live-on stage with a giant jumbo screen to show off every bit of the battle.

To coincide with the tournament, attendees are invited to join GameStop and Capcom for the "Street Fighter Fights Hunger" charity food drive in partnership with SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK. Guests are invited to do their part by bringing gifts of canned foods or nominal donations to be collected at the event.

Additional event festivities include:

* SFIV game play kiosks
* Autograph signing with YOSHINORI ONO, Producer for SFIV, and SETH KILLIAN, EVO founder and Special Adviser to the game
* Performances by freestyle dance crew and America's Best Dance Crew finalists, SUPREME SOUL, live on-stage throughout the night
* DJ spinning throughout the night
* SFIV-themed costume contest, activities, and prizes
* E-Shots photo booth, Venom Energy Drink samplings, Estate LA custom hat experience, Coveroo laser etching experience, and SFIV models

* VISUALS:
* Crowds of enthusiastic gamers (more than 1,500 people expected)
* Fans cheering for "cage-style" video game tournament
* Attendees making donations for charity food drive
* Consumers playing at game kiosks
* Costume contest with fans competing for prizes

WHEN: Saturday, April 18, 2009
7-11p.m.

WHERE: Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
http://www.fortmason.org/directions/index.shtml

GameStop:
Laura Mustard 516-884-8895
Lauramustard@gmail.com

Laura Weir , 47 Communications
323-658-1200
laura@fortyseven.com

Here's a list of American players participating in the tournament.

Plano, Texas - David Hem - C.Viper
San Jose, California - Chris "CSB" - Balrog
Chamblee, Georgia - Mike Ross - E.Honda
New York, New York - Justin Wong - Rufus
Irondequoit, New York - Rahsaan "EvilRahsaan" - Dhalsim
Glendale, Arizona - Juicebox Abel - Abel
Chicago, Illinois - Ari "Floe" Weintraub - Sagat
Tukwila, WA - Jason "A-Dhalsim" Cole - Balrog
Louisville, Kentucky - Jason "DreamTR" Wilson - M. Bison
Bloomington, Minnesota - Kyle "Coyotegrey" - Zangief
New Jersey, New Jersey - Christian "CapMaster" O'Hanlon - Sagat
Orlando, Florida - Trent "GimmeThemShoes" Vandeven - ???
La Place, Louisiana - "jakob002" - M. Bison
Halethorpe, Maryland - Eric "Ramza" Kim - Sagat
Maumee, Ohio - Antawn Ortiz - Balrog

How do you change the language to Japanese. I kinda wanna hear this song now. And what's with people making 30 second matches? I just played an Akuma where he just diagonal hadokens all day then when I got near he he just teleported across the screen
smh.gif
it's in options.

just about had enough to ken users...

especially turtle ken users
yeah, i usually use akuma and just teleport away. if you let them trip you you're done. gotta stay away from that and a bunch of quick 2 hitcombos that end with a shoryuken.

Question, at the 1:47 marker, Ken does his shoryuken, cancels to a focus, cancel it and dashes to his ultra, right? How did he do that, I was in trainingtrying that move forever and I can't pull it off. Any assistants people?

I just started playing it not too long ago. I just unlocked Sakura, Dan, and Gen so far. Still got ways go to unlocking everybody else.
embarassed.gif

It's a good game, but how people play online is what makes it lose it's novelty fast.

They need to tweak certain things in my opinion.

that was the first time i seen ken cancel into the ultra
eek.gif

i'm 3-20 since ive copped my stick ... pure garbage ...

i'm sticking w/ the open hand technique ... i just feel mad awkward moving around ... my defense is a 0 ...

smh.gif
... @ the learning curve ... well my learning curve ...

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

It's a good game, but how people play online is what makes it lose it's novelty fast.

They need to tweak certain things in my opinion.
yep. i'm expecting a patch to fix things. i know many who don't go online anymore, too many repetitive fights.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

that was the first time i seen ken cancel into the ultra
eek.gif

i'm 3-20 since ive copped my stick ... pure garbage ...

i'm sticking w/ the open hand technique ... i just feel mad awkward moving around ... my defense is a 0 ...

smh.gif
... @ the learning curve ... well my learning curve ...
that is NOT that easy at all

to the person who asked how to do it, you do the fierce SRK, then you fadc dash and do ultra right?

this combo is a part of his trials, i believe #4 hard or #3 hard

but what you do is, you basically do your SRK fierece, TAP FORWARD, TAP MP+ML, then TAP forward again, then go into the ultra

this will allow your ken to dash UNDERNEATH your falling opponent, and this is extremely crucial, because if you simply do a MP+ML FA, then do your double tapdash, you will whiff 99.999% of the time,

if you even try to the ken hard #4, it's even worse....like jump FP, c. lp, c.fp, fpSRK, FADC ultra....

that was NOT fun at all, even worse is #5, where you have to do FP SRK, FADC, AIR EX tatsu, then ULTRA........worse few days of my life lol....c. viper isanother story....

Back
Top Bottom