STREET FIGHTER 4!

how come all the hate messages come from ken users...............not bashin ken but everyone who i beat in a match that uses ken always cry n complain?

Super Street Fighter IV for Spring 2010

[h2]Capcom confirms standalone game for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.[/h2]

by Martin Robinson, IGN UK

super-street-fighter-iv-20090929101306751_640w.jpg

UK,
September 29, 2009 - Capcom has announced Super Street Fighter IV, a standalone expansion to this year's fighter that's to introduce around ten new characters as well as numerous gameplay tweaks.

News first broke yesterday with a handful of leaked screens, and now official word has come from Capcom - though details are still scarce.

T.Hawk and Juri are the only new characters confirmed at present, and the identity of the others is still up in the air - though let's hope for some Street Fighter III love with the return of Dudley, Makoto and Ibuki.

Controversially, Super Street Fighter IV won't be a downloadable add-on, instead coming as a standalone disc for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next Spring. It will, however, be a budget release.

Details such as the return of bonus modes and an all-new Ultra system are still just speculation, but we'll bring you more as it comes in.

smh.gif
couldnt jus make this #@*$ an add on (DLC) ?

I've been a ken user for about 19 years now playing virtually every sf game in the series and i have an opinion on why ken users are sending out hatemessages in sf4. ever since ken and ryu came out together, they've been the same character. For some reason capcom has been biased towards ryu. Ex: ryugets a stronger dragon punch(dp), knock down hurricane kick and faster fireball recovery since sf2 champion edition. ken got a longer range dp, fasterhurricane and speed. according to the storyline, ken is always busy with his personal life and is very flashy so he gets the combos and such. ryu has beentrying to improve himself and evolve into the perfect fighter. for that reason, capcom has always gave ryu better tools ex: super fireball, super hurricane,super dragon punch, vacuum dragon punch(more variety). ken really has always been stuck with one type of super, they all act like a super dragon punch (morerisk)
Now in sf4, however... they totally left ken alone (besides the foward thrust kick) and vastly improved ryu. It's even easy to spam jab dp's andjuggle them into either a super or ultra fireball. I believe ken users are not really mad at people that beat them in sf4, but they're frustrated at theway capcom portrays ken in sf4. this is just my opinion so please don't take it personal.

Is everyone here playing on live? or PSN? I never got the chance to play anyone in this forum. I play PSN
happy.gif
try my C.Viper

Originally Posted by Pakwan

Is everyone here playing on live? or PSN? I never got the chance to play anyone in this forum. I play PSN
happy.gif
try my C.Viper
Whats ur PSN? I have a E.Honda for that Viper
happy.gif

PSN - piczon2008

eek.gif
back from the grave.

anyway -
The latest issue of Famitsu confirms the car wrecking bonus stages in Super Street Fighter IV. There's also a barrel bonus stage, too.

Other details about the game include info about online play:

• Team Battle is from 2-on-2 up to 4-on-4.
• Replay Channel allows players to watch match, well, replays.
• Endless Battle allows up to 8 players to compete in a knock-out tournament.

There are plans to include a "Tournament Mode" as an additional download.

^Still not enough for many people who already have SFIV (including myself) to buy this as a stand alone game. Should've taken the GTAIV route. Release itboth as downloadable content for those who have SFIV already as well as a stand alone game for those who don't.

^ Here we go again.
laugh.gif

Y'all hear "NEW CHARACTERS! NEW STAGES!" and you guys fail to hear the rest without understanding.

Explain how new gameplay and tweaked balancing can be translated into DLC or a patch without pissing other people off that like SF4 for what it is right now.

If someone downloads a patch that does render gamplay (which is irreversible), and hates it... What will happen then? How will they go about bringing back theold SF4?

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

^ Here we go again.
laugh.gif

Y'all hear "NEW CHARACTERS! NEW STAGES!" and you guys fail to hear the rest without understanding.

Explain how new gameplay and tweaked balancing can be translated into DLC or a patch without pissing other people off that like SF4 for what it is right now.

If someone downloads a patch that does render gamplay (which is irreversible), and hates it... What will happen then? How will they go about bringing back the old SF4?

I'm not sure what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near as complicated as that. They could release it as a download andevery time you put SFIV in, you get a menu where you can choose which game you want to play: SFIV or Super SFIV. If they could pull off such a great"downloadable content/disc content" combo with GTAIV, where you have a separate storyline with new characters, vehicles and weapons (downloadable)taking place in the same city with some old vehicles and weapons (on the GTAIV disc), I am sure that doing this with SFIV would be much simpler.

It wouldn't be a problem switching back between the two games at all. Just like it isn't a problem when it comes to switching games between theoriginal GTAIV and the two downloadable episodes.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I'm not sure what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near as complicated as that. They could release it as a download and every time you put SFIV in, you get a menu where you can choose which game you want to play: SFIV or Super SFIV. If they could pull off such a great "downloadable content/disc content" combo with GTAIV, where you have a separate storyline with new characters, vehicles and weapons (downloadable) taking place in the same city with some old vehicles and weapons (on the GTAIV disc), I am sure that doing this with SFIV would be much simpler.

It wouldn't be a problem switching back between the two games at all. Just like it isn't a problem when it comes to switching games between the original GTAIV and the two downloadable episodes.
Developing a video game is a bit more complicated than some make it out to be.

That's where this is misunderstood.

What GTAIV did was add new items/missions/maps as DLC and installable disc, not add new and different gameplay.

Name a game where it was possible to support new and different gameplay [GAMEPLAY - NOT items/missions/maps] at its front-end menu, giving the user aselectable decision.

A lot of people are confusing "new/different gameplay" with "new missions/weapons."

For discussion sake, let's translate this into DLC.

- New, revised gameplay + character balancing: $5 - $10

- 8 new characters: $10 - $20
[which is a GENEROUS estimate in today's DLC pricing - they can easily price each character @ $10]

- Additional stages: $10 - $15

- Additions to everyone's moveset: $10 - $20

- New online multiplayer: $Free - $5

Not to mention Microsoft's screwed point-purchasing prices.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

I'm not sure what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near as complicated as that. They could release it as a download and every time you put SFIV in, you get a menu where you can choose which game you want to play: SFIV or Super SFIV. If they could pull off such a great "downloadable content/disc content" combo with GTAIV, where you have a separate storyline with new characters, vehicles and weapons (downloadable) taking place in the same city with some old vehicles and weapons (on the GTAIV disc), I am sure that doing this with SFIV would be much simpler.

It wouldn't be a problem switching back between the two games at all. Just like it isn't a problem when it comes to switching games between the original GTAIV and the two downloadable episodes.

What GTAIV did was add new items/missions/maps as DLC and installable disc, not add new and different gameplay.

Name a game where it was possible to support new and different gameplay [GAMEPLAY - NOT items/missions/maps] at its front-end menu, giving the user a selectable decision.

A lot of people are confusing "new/different gameplay" with "new missions/weapons."

For discussion sake, let's translate this into DLC.

- New, revised gameplay + character balancing: $5 - $10

- 8 new characters: $10 - $20
[which is a GENEROUS estimate in today's DLC pricing - they can easily price each character @ $10]

- Additional stages: $10 - $15

- Additions to everyone's moveset: $10 - $20

- New online multiplayer: $Free - $5

Not to mention Microsoft's screwed point-purchasing prices.
laugh.gif
Gamestop preorder for SSIV: $39.99

i don't see what the problem is. it cost's 40 bucks to buy both of those GTA episodes, and it costs 40 to cop SSF4 according to that gamestoplink....so what's the difference? you're getting a brand new retooled/rebalanced game in super4.

^ Exactly.

Capcom can easily get away with pricing 2 characters @ $10 (about 1600 MS points for 360 users) [which might seem like a fair offer, considering the depththey'll have], totalling @ $40.

That's not even including everything else Capcom's mentioned so far, and the additions they have yet to reveal.

But hey, continue crying "ripoff." It'll get everyone nowhere.

Name a game where it was possible to support new and different gameplay [GAMEPLAY - NOT items/missions/maps] at its front-end menu, giving the user a selectable decision.

You don't know what you're talking about. You can most definitely change gameplay, yes GAMEPLAY through patches and downloads. Gears of War 2 has hadchanges to its GAMEPLAY through downloadable title updates. Several times. And these were free title updates that weren't even a couple of megabytes insize. I'm not even talking about a true downloadable content that would be 1+ gigabyte or whatever.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i don't see what the problem is. it cost's 40 bucks to buy both of those GTA episodes, and it costs 40 to cop SSF4 according to that gamestop link....so what's the difference? you're getting a brand new retooled/rebalanced game in super4.

No you're not, really. Well, you are if you don't already own SFIV, but even though these additions are nice and I would like to have them, they'renot worthy of a brand new game purchase. Capcom make GREAT games, but they are such ripoffs. You only need to look at the extra costumes for SFIV and what theywere charging for them. And they were already on the disc. Not to mention the VS mode in Resident Evil 5 (also already on the disc).

You don't know what you're talking about. You can most definitely change gameplay, yes GAMEPLAY through patches and downloads. Gears of War 2 has had changes to its GAMEPLAY through downloadable title updates. Several times. And these were free title updates that weren't even a couple of megabytes in size. I'm not even talking about a true downloadable content that would be 1+ gigabyte or whatever.
I don't know what I'm talking about? Wanna come meet me @ my workplace and see my line of work, then?
laugh.gif

Read any of the posts I've made. I never said gameplay can NEVER be changed through patching, have I?

Now read my post that you quoted. I asked you to name a game that supports new and different gameplay giving the user a selectable decision, [i.e. Do I wantthis mode in the gameplay that has this/that removed, or do I want this form of gameplay that has this/that added with this/that removed?] Your example ofGears of War 2 doesn't have that.

Go ahead and name a game that has this.

Now read my first post on this page. I asked you to explain how new gameplay and tweaked balancing can be translated into DLC or a patch without pissing otherpeople off. Let's go back to your example of Gears of War 2 which has been patched countless times.

If you were to download this latest patch [for conversation sake, let's mention the friendly 'nade plants that now glow bright when the Tac/Com isactivated
pimp.gif
] and it does render gamplay (which is irreversible), and youhate it... What will happen then? How would you go back to getting the old gameplay back of the friendly grenades no longer glowing? No can do unfortunately.

I do love your idea a couple of posts back when you said they should have it selectable in the options between SF4 and SSF4, but it's not gonna happen.

Different gameplay engine = different game

No you're not, really. Well, you are if you don't already own SFIV, but even though these additions are nice and I would like to have them, they're not worthy of a brand new game purchase. Capcom make GREAT games, but they are such ripoffs. You only need to look at the extra costumes for SFIV and what they were charging for them. And they were already on the disc. Not to mention the VS mode in Resident Evil 5 (also already on the disc).
Costumes? Ripoff. VS Mode? Ripoff. I'll agree with you there.

This is our opinion obviously.

But honestly, why do you feel that this is NOT a brand new game? This is something you've never explained as to how you felt.

And if this were DLC, do you honestly think additional stages, new movesets to old roster, new animations to old roster, gameplay that'll feel completelydifferent, and eight dditional characters will cost you less than $40?????

[or 4500 MS points, whatever the hell $40 translates to on XBL.]

I don't know what I'm talking about? Wanna come meet me @ my workplace and see my line of work, then?

Read any of the posts I've made. I never said gameplay can NEVER be changed through patching, have I?

Now read my post that you quoted. I asked you to name a game that supports new and different gameplay giving the user a selectable decision, [i.e. Do I want this mode in the gameplay that has this/that removed, or do I want this form of gameplay that has this/that added with this/that removed?] Your example of Gears of War 2 doesn't have that.

Go ahead and name a game that has this.

Now read my first post on this page. I asked you to explain how new gameplay and tweaked balancing can be translated into DLC or a patch without pissing other people off. Let's go back to your example of Gears of War 2 which has been patched countless times.

If you were to download this latest patch [for conversation sake, let's mention the friendly 'nade plants that now glow bright when the Tac/Com is activated ] and it does render gamplay (which is irreversible), and you hate it... What will happen then? How would you go back to getting the old gameplay back of the friendly grenades no longer glowing? No can do unfortunately.

I do love your idea a couple of posts back when you said they should have it selectable in the options between SF4 and SSF4, but it's not gonna happen.

Different gameplay engine = different game

Of course you could go back to it. This is downloadable content that has been forced upon you. When you put in Gears 2 it says that a new update is availablefor the game and you can choose yes or no. The only problem is that if you choose no, you can't play online. You really don't think that Gears 2creators couldn't have added a switch in the option menu where you can choose whether you can see friendly grenades or not if they wanted to.

If GTAIV creators could make the two downloadable episodes with two new characters fully integrating with the city and all of its features (from the disc),then why would it be so impossible to add a couple of new moves to a player.

A downloadable player (Luis Lopez) can drive a car that was on the GTAIV disc. So why can't they make a downloadable version of Ryu that only possesses thenew moves who can also pull off the old moves from the SFIV disc?

And yeah, I know the menu thing isn't going to happen. Because Capcom won't allow it to happen.

Costumes? Ripoff. VS Mode? Ripoff. I'll agree with you there.

This is our opinion obviously.

But honestly, why do you feel that this is NOT a brand new game? This is something you've never explained as to how you felt.

And if this were DLC, do you honestly think additional stages, new movesets to old roster, new animations to old roster, gameplay that'll feel completely different, and eight dditional characters will cost you less than $40?????

[or 4500 MS points, whatever the hell $40 translates to on XBL.]

Well, seeing how Capcom charged 300 points for five costumes that were already on the disc, I can see why they wouldn't want to sell it for anythingreasonable.

You made quite a nice list of the features that will be added to Super SFIV. But guess what? I can do that for either one of GTAIV's downloadable episodesthat AREN'T a ripoff. You get NEW characters, NEW missions/storyline, NEW weapons, NEW vehicles, NEW songs added to the soundtrack and NEW multiplayermodes. All this for 1600 Microsoft points.

Super SFIV is a "BRAND" new game with gameplay that will feel "COMPLETELY" different? Come on, man.. You know that this isn't quitetrue. Although, to be fair, I didn't know that they would be adding eight new characters. I thought that it was only four. But it's still not a brandnew game. It's an upgrade. A big upgrade, but the vast majority of the data on the disc will be the data that is on the old original SFIV disc, thereforeit simply cannot be considered a new game.

yall complaining about spending money on an extra disc of new content. how about back in the snes/sega genesis days when DLC wasnt available? yall had to buythe new game right when the super, turbo etc versions came out. damn cheap mofos
smh.gif

Of course you could go back to it. This is downloadable content that has been forced upon you. When you put in Gears 2 it says that a new update is available for the game and you can choose yes or no. The only problem is that if you choose no, you can't play online. You really don't think that Gears 2 creators couldn't have added a switch in the option menu where you can choose whether you can see friendly grenades or not if they wanted to.

If GTAIV creators could make the two downloadable episodes with two new characters fully integrating with the city and all of its features (from the disc), then why would it be so impossible to add a couple of new moves to a player.

A downloadable player (Luis Lopez) can drive a car that was on the GTAIV disc. So why can't they make a downloadable version of Ryu that only possesses the new moves who can also pull off the old moves from the SFIV disc?

And yeah, I know the menu thing isn't going to happen. Because Capcom won't allow it to happen.
You missed the point here with this one. You could go reverse the title update? Really? Show me how to do that.

I could bring that title update prompt back up again after I downloaded it? I never knew that.

Could they have added a switch for that title update? Who knows. You're saying it's possible, and I'm not disagreeing with you. Again, as anexample, this isn't as large of a scale as rewriting gameplay with a different programming interface.

But you're right, if Rockstar was able to develop 2 new characters to run throughout Liberty City, Capcom should be able to add a couple of new moves to aplayer through DLC. It's not that difficult to write an additional character with the same functionality and physics as Niko Bellic, as it shouldn't betoo difficult to add a couple of new moves to ONE player through DLC.

But keep in mind. There's 25 in the roster. A couple of new moves per player, you still think this can fit in DLC?

Aside from the new characters and new stages, there's new audio as well? A huge chunk of a disc's space is surround sound/audio.

So let's rewind a bit. We're having a game completely rewritten from scratch. Different physics, different priorities, with the addition of moves foreach of the 25 characters, as well as the addition of new characters. There's new audio, new modes, and additional stages.

If a completely different engine is in use for this game, you STILL think this can be patched up or added on with DLC?

Do you still not see the conflict here?

This is like saying a 2009 Nissan GT-R and a 2010 GT-R are practically the same, so why can't we just buy the 2010 engine and put it in our 2009 modelsince they look 99% identical? It'll still feel the same since it looks like it's the same based on screenshots and not understanding what's goingon under the hood and beneath the ride, right?

You made quite a nice list of the features that will be added to Super SFIV. But guess what? I can do that for either one of GTAIV's downloadable episodes that AREN'T a ripoff. You get NEW characters, NEW missions/storyline, NEW weapons, NEW vehicles, NEW songs added to the soundtrack and NEW multiplayer modes. All this for 1600 Microsoft points.
Again, this goes back to my first few posts. People are seeing "NEW CHARACTERS! NEW STAGES!" without hearing the rest to understand.

GTA4 is running on the Euphoria physics engine. Guess what the NEW characters, NEW missions/storylines, NEW weapons, NEW vehicles, and NEW modes are runningon. That's right, the Euphoria physics engine. Niko Bellic driving off a cliff will react the same as Luis Lopez driving off a cliff. The difference?Change appearance, trigger different audio.

Now, let's say The Lost And Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony never came out as DLC.

Let's say these episodes were actually being developed on a different engine - the Havok engine perhaps [UFC 2009 Undisputed, Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010].These episodes will NOT work as DLC.

Why? Because the GTAIV disc that's fueling The Episodes of Liberty City would be written differently.

Why is it written differently? It's a different physics engine in use.

If GTA4.5 was about to drop for $40 as a standalone disc, would you be yelling "ripoff" still...

Super SFIV is a "BRAND" new game with gameplay that will feel "COMPLETELY" different? Come on, man.. You know that this isn't quite true. Although, to be fair, I didn't know that they would be adding eight new characters. I thought that it was only four. But it's still not a brand new game. It's an upgrade. A big upgrade, but the vast majority of the data on the disc will be the data that is on the old original SFIV disc, therefore it simply cannot be considered a new game.
It's true.

Have you played Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting and Super Street Fighter II? Don't tell me those 2 didn't feel and play differently.

What about Mortal Kombat 1 and Mortal Kombat 2? Same "kombat" but new stages and new characters. Did it feel different to you? It sure as helldidn't feel different to me. But I certainly wasn't yelling "ripoff" at Acclaim. Were you?

Well, seeing how Capcom charged 300 points for five costumes that were already on the disc, I can see why they wouldn't want to sell it for anything reasonable.
Not gonna debate here.
laugh.gif

i doubt SSFIV will have a COMPLETELY new engine, tweaked? yes, new? no.

and yes, they can add almost everything you mentioned as downloadable content. its THAT easy for the sfIV system.

Back
Top Bottom