STREET FIGHTER 4!

I won't reply to everything that you wrote because I feel that I will be repeating myself for the most part, but I will address this:

Niko Bellic driving off a cliff will react the same as Luis Lopez driving off a cliff.

Actually, this is not true. In the first downloadable episode of GTAIV they changed the gameplay so that the biker character wouldn't fall off a motorcycleas easily as Niko Bellic would in the original GTAIV. You can clearly feel the difference and riding a bike in the first downloadable episode is much easier(and fun). So it's not quite the same. This is just an example, but if they could do this, they MUST be able to do something more advanced, especially whenthey would have so much space and the downloadable content could be as much as 3 gigabytes.

It's true.

Have you played Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting and Super Street Fighter II? Don't tell me those 2 didn't feel and play differently.

Of course they're different. As soon as you add just a couple of moves per character, the whole balance of the game changes. But Super SF2 was still not abrand new game. That's why they still had "Street Fighter 2" in the title. Street Fighter 2 and all the SF games up to the Alpha/Zero series arein essence the same game with upgrades.

i guess this whole "its a new game" or "it's not a new game" thing depends on how much you play street fighter.

if you're saying that SSF2T was not a brand new game compared to SF2, then you'll probably think this new iteration of 4 is a ripoff. understandable.

to the other crowd...SSFT2 and SF2 are two COMPLETELY different games. sure, the hadouken input never changes, but the games are very different. all therebalancing/new moves/new characters/new ultras/new gameplay elements being introduced in SSF4 means that people who want to be good have to re learn all thematchups, learn new strategies, learn new methods. it's a brand new game. and that's before even mentioning the added online elements and modes.

anyway...

http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58741http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58741 http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58741http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58741
Video Games | Super Street Fighter IV | Japanese New Modes Trailer

XBox 360 | Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii

im hyped.

so...

c2b258b495697d692da1cad26cd661365b9aa29.jpg

38e1514464d12d1f71f8fa507c92def88136c91.jpg

apparently, the top right corner of guy's page suggests that ibuki is a confirmed character also.

came in here hyped thinking cats wanted to get in another tourney or something ...
smh.gif
... i'm copping ... and still gonna be putting in work on most ofyall ... xbox though ... i'm not buying a stick for the ps3 ...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

came in here hyped thinking cats wanted to get in another tourney or something ...
smh.gif
... i'm copping ... and still gonna be putting in work on most of yall ... xbox though ... i'm not buying a stick for the ps3 ...

Did you ever get good with the stick davo?

I remember when you first got it you wasn't too good with it.

I got mine and I used it like once for 5 minutes and sucked badly so I stopped using it (waste of $200, had to get the bundle because this was before it becamereadily available) and went back to Halo.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

smh.gif
... i'm copping ... and still gonna be putting in work on most of yall ... xbox though ... i'm not buying a stick for the ps3 ...

Did you ever get good with the stick davo?

I remember when you first got it you wasn't too good with it.

I got mine and I used it like once for 5 minutes and sucked badly so I stopped using it (waste of $200, had to get the bundle because this was before it became readily available) and went back to Halo.
yes sir ... i used it so much when i picked up the pad again ... i was terrible ... still not on the level i was @ w/ the pad when i was at mybest but i link better w/ the stick ... i can't do neutrals well on tekken to save my life ... i don't have the energy to practice as hard as i did w/sf4 ... i use the pad for tekken ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

It's true.

Have you played Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting and Super Street Fighter II? Don't tell me those 2 didn't feel and play differently.
Of course they're different. As soon as you add just a couple of moves per character, the whole balance of the game changes. But Super SF2 was still not a brand new game. That's why they still had "Street Fighter 2" in the title. Street Fighter 2 and all the SF games up to the Alpha/Zero series are in essence the same game with upgrades.
If the only difference and where "the whole balance of the game changes" you think/feel between SF2: HF and SSF2 is only "adding acouple of moves per charater," that's where the problem is.

And is your definition of an upgrade really something that has the same words in the next title? Despite the fact that it arrived in a new cartridge/disc?

Originally Posted by sn00pee

i doubt SSFIV will have a COMPLETELY new engine, tweaked? yes, new? no.

and yes, they can add almost everything you mentioned as downloadable content. its THAT easy for the sfIV system.
Confirmed new engine. Try catching Seth Killian videos, since he's currently the only english-speaking Capcom staffer in video footage.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i guess this whole "its a new game" or "it's not a new game" thing depends on how much you play street fighter.

if you're saying that SSF2T was not a brand new game compared to SF2, then you'll probably think this new iteration of 4 is a ripoff. understandable.

to the other crowd...SSFT2 and SF2 are two COMPLETELY different games. sure, the hadouken input never changes, but the games are very different. all the rebalancing/new moves/new characters/new ultras/new gameplay elements being introduced in SSF4 means that people who want to be good have to re learn all the matchups, learn new strategies, learn new methods. it's a brand new game. and that's before even mentioning the added online elements and modes.

anyway...

im hyped.
Forreal though. Although we're having these "compare/contrast" discussions, we all just agree to disagree.

For every "believer" (for lack of a better way of saying it), there's a "non-believer."

Assuming everyone posting here is a Street Fighter fan, at the end of the day, everyone will pick up a copy, $39.99 or not.

Any other NTer will still be puttin' time into this game just as much, if not more/less, as Xtapolapacetl or the nextguy that's questioning why.

And a confirmed 5 - 6 additional fighters, keep 'em coming.

I never played sf3, so what does these adon, cody, and guy bring to the table? More rushdown on the turtlers? I youtubed them but they're mostly combovideos, either way im pretty excited about ssf4
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

so...

c2b258b495697d692da1cad26cd661365b9aa29.jpg

38e1514464d12d1f71f8fa507c92def88136c91.jpg

apparently, the top right corner of guy's page suggests that ibuki is a confirmed character also.
Beyond hyped that Guy and Adon made the cut, do you know if Sean or Evil Ryu is gonna be in the game too?

Originally Posted by allalon1

bout time the new scans for guy, adon, and cody came out. I heard there is a possibiliy that Ibuki will be next

They said that there will be 8 new characters in SSFIV. They've already confirmed 6 characters. So there are two left. One of them will have to be anotherbrand new character like Juri, so it would be weird if Ibuki was the ONLY addition from SF3 to fill the 8th spot. My guess is that the remaining two characterswill be Charlie and a brand new character. They're saving the SF3 additions for SSF4 Turbo.

I'm kind of tight they put Adon in there because he's going to be giving Sagat players problems.

Hated to play against him in Cap vs SNK 2.

So there will also be a SSF4 Turbo no too?

I'll pick this game up when it hits $20.

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

They said that there will be 8 new characters in SSFIV. They've already confirmed 6 characters. So there are two left. One of them will have to be another brand new character like Juri, so it would be weird if Ibuki was the ONLY addition from SF3 to fill the 8th spot. My guess is that the remaining two characters will be Charlie and a brand new character. They're saving the SF3 additions for SSF4 Turbo.
I think the last one will be dudley from SF3

here are my guesses: Alex Dudley Sean or Evil Ryu

The key term from ono is "8-!!$."
I guarantee the last characters to be announced will be the 3 3S characters just like 3 Alpha characters were just revealed.

Ibuki (already pretty much confirmed from the the Guy scan)
Dudley (Capcom would get bombed if Dudley didnt make it)
Makoto (^ same +$%+)
AND Hakan, the new oil wrestler.

Originally Posted by blackice4

Beyond hyped that Guy and Adon made the cut, do you know if Sean or Evil Ryu is gonna be in the game too?
Do you REALLY want 3S Sean in this game? Son was cheeks. 2I Sean was beast though.
No more shotos will be added.

My Sagat is super rusty. I havent touched ss4 for 3 months until last week and I got demolished on medium difficulty.

If Dudley is in it, best believe he's my secondary.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by allalon1

bout time the new scans for guy, adon, and cody came out. I heard there is a possibiliy that Ibuki will be next
They said that there will be 8 new characters in SSFIV. They've already confirmed 6 characters. So there are two left. One of them will have to be another brand new character like Juri, so it would be weird if Ibuki was the ONLY addition from SF3 to fill the 8th spot. My guess is that the remaining two characters will be Charlie and a brand new character. They're saving the SF3 additions for SSF4 Turbo.
there was a leaked list from a while back that had 10 new characters. so far it's been 100% on point with who is going to be in super.

the remaining ones are what havik just posted.

also saw this at gamestop the other night.
pimp.gif
way better looking than the first one.
1.jpg

If Hugo is in the background, then more than likely he is gonna be the final character from 3S. Similar to the maop with Claw and Bozer coming off of theShadaloo plane

Back
Top Bottom