STREET FIGHTER

Been playing Street Fighter for 20+ years and I feel so limited in my experience. I've only played predominately with Ken and Ryu. I experiment with other characters but it's just not the same. I'm terrible with everyone else. |I Hoping to master some other characters this time around.

Gonna cop the Fightpad Pro the week before SFV and gonna gameshare it, my brother definitely getting it, so imma piggy back off it.  

Played like an hour total in the betas, I like Rashid, but his damage is minimal compared to others.

SF V looks like the first street fighter where you don't HAVE to use a stick to compete.

There's been talk that SF V is too simple and that the Japanese fighting scene will play it for about a month and then go back to IV. I haven't played V but from what I've scene the game is more mix up heavy then execution based like IV was. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SF IV to death but the separation between pro players and casual players was too large and that was all because of FADC canceling and meter. I think a lot of pros feel threatened but in actuality V is gonna separate the purists from the flash junkies. Street fighter V literally looks like Street Fighter 2 2016 with a little bit of alpha sprinkled in.

I won't lie, I did have a feeling that the game was too basic but after seeing that Mad Catz tournament that all changed. This game definitely would have a wider scope of enjoyment.

Also Capcom won't be afraid to add stuff if needed. They did it when they added second ultras, red focus and quick rise for SFIV.
I'm personally hoping for every character to get another critical art and even maybe another V trigger to add another layer to each character to personalise them even further.

I wish I had a Japanese plug for that Laura/Chun Li PS4[emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji]

Been watching some matches. This game is starting to grow on me, just bugs me this piecemeal way they're releasing things. I mean I get it but I rather focus on it when it officially releases.

I hope they decide to put Guy in this one.

This just arrived. Going to get some practice with the beta hopefully this weekend.

Last edited:
even though im terrible at fighting games and hardly play my ps4 in general i will cop this on release date just on nostalgic value alone...street fighter has always been my favorite fighting game especially street fighter 2... im a rock with Ryu though :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom