STREET FIGHTER

SFV Cinematic Story and Additional June Updates

The SFV Story Expansion is a 3~4 hour experience titled “A Shadow Falls” and will be released at the end of this month as free DLC to all SFV players. The 5 chapter story takes place between Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter III and bridges the events that happen in between the two stories. This is the first time in franchise history that fans will be able to play through this type of cinematic experience in a Street Fighter game.

The Street Fighter V Cinematic Story Expansion, “A Shadow Falls,” depicts the ultimate battle between the evil Shadaloo organization and the heroic World Warriors who rise up against them. Seven “Black Moons” are deployed by Shadaloo, granting M. Bison unimaginable power and enveloping the earth in total darkness. Seeing the moons mysteriously appear in the sky, Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li embark on an epic journey around the world to retrieve fragment pieces that are the key to stopping the “Black Moons” before it’s too late. Along the way, they encounter the rest of the World Warriors, each of whom have their own agendas and motivations in mind. The final battle between good and evil begins now… who will RISE UP?

The next related piece of awesome news: all six DLC characters are fully playable in the story mode. That’s right, in addition to Alex, Guile, and Ibuki, that means that Balrog, Urien, and Juri are also playable! The official release of these characters will not be until later in the year, which means everyone will get to play them in advance through this mode. For the DLC characters that haven’t been released at the time the story comes out, those characters shouldn’t be considered final or tournament ready, as they still need to be properly polished and balanced. So, think of this as a free preview of the characters and enjoy playing with them before they get officially released in the other competitive game modes.

Finally, you’ll be able to earn Fight Money from completing the story mode as well! A higher difficulty becomes unlocked after clearing the normal mode, which you can also earn extra Fight Money from:

Normal Mode= 30,000 FM

Extra Mode*= 50,000 FM

TOTAL= 80,000 FM

*Extra Mode (higher difficulty) unlocks after you complete Normal mode

Future Content

Daily Challenges are currently being re-tooled and optimized for the game, and we will share the new timing of this feature as soon as we more details. The feature will now be called “Targets,” and they will still be daily goals for players to complete and generate Fight Money, which can be used to purchase in-game content like new characters and costumes. New single player modes including Extra Battle and Versus CPU are also in the works. We’ll share more details on these modes and features as soon as we can.

That’s all for now, but stay tuned as we’ll take a closer look at the many June update features in the days and weeks ahead.

First 10 minutes without the actual battles.

Looks pretty good :pimp:

Last edited:
I like what appears to be the slightly darker feel of SFV. Felt that IV was a little too cartoonish and with Hakan's ultra it became way too much. I guess it was supposed to be funny, but it was just too corny. V has some legitimately funny stuff. Birdie is hilarious, with the exception of the giant donut eating. I always LOL whenever he quickly says "Wanker!" when he's hit with a jab.

I think SF always strikes a nice balance.

F.A.N.G looks dark in the story line but his CA looks dumb as hell :lol:

Also looks the stages will also have the transitions too

Never picked boxer but always found it fun playing against him. Would be cool if oro made the line up since they've been bringing back 3rd strike characters.

Capcom trying to wrap everything up with this game seems ridiculous to me. Time will tell.

Can't believe its only been 3 months, seems so much longer.

Last edited:
Anyone going to Evo? 

I have yet to get a PS4 and I've done a few trials in SFV so I won't be entering that. I'm just going to go 0-2 in my main game, Marvel.

I can't wait, though. My first Evo.

Day one E3 street fighter booths were way smaller than last year. Was only playing ibuki. Still trying to figure her out. her jumps take forever, super slow overhead. Don't know if I'll pick her when she is released

Let me know which one u talking about I most likely will go again tomorrow but pretty late. Not sure about Thursday.

Day one E3 street fighter booths were way smaller than last year. Was only playing ibuki. Still trying to figure her out. her jumps take forever, super slow overhead. Don't know if I'll pick her when she is released

Where is this, E3 live or the actual E3?

Not too many days of the month left for the story expansion to be released. 
pimp.gif

Balrog looks super sick. I like that they remade his stage like Guile's too. I hope that they eventually remake E. Honda's stage from SF2. That stage was mad chill.

Need to catch up with CEO. Day 1 was hyped but compeltely missed yesterday.

Marvel looked good too with a lot of the heavy hitters out before top 8.

Last edited:
Street Fighter V update adds Balrog, Ibuki, Story Mode this week
A feast of new content arrives on 1St July for Capcom’s fighting game

Hello again, Street Fighters! We have a ton of new information to share with you today regarding the latest update to Street Fighter V! As many of you may have seen last night during CPT Premier Event CEO2016, Balrog will also be released with this update alongside Ibuki and the Cinematic Story Mode!

The update will go live in all territories on 1st July at 8.00am BST/9.00am CET after the scheduled server maintenance is complete, which starts on 30th June at 10:00pm BST/11.00pm CET.

Balrog in Street Fighter V still remains as one of Shadaloo’s top enforcers, working alongside M. Bison, F.A.N.G., and Vega. Be sure to check out his Character Story and of course the Cinematic Story Mode to see what sort of trouble he gets himself into this time around.

His playstyle in Street Fighter V puts the focus on his devastating punches, and with the use of his V-Trigger, he can chain these attacks together to deal serious damage. He also has a few cheap attacks up his sleeve to keep the fight in his favour, so don’t let your guard down for a moment!

-V-Skill: KKB: A unique move that twirls his body while moving forward. While activated, you can dodge projectiles as well as string together attacks. You can even activate KKB before a special hits you, allowing you to be a technical inside fighter.
-V-Trigger: Crazy Rush: A chance to be the aggressor when activated! Steam rises from his body and allows you to string together specials like Charging Buffalo and Bursting Buffalo.
-Critical Art: Gigaton Blow: Unleash the fury from your fist with this simple, yet destructive critical art. It can be connected with various moves. Make sure to include it in your combos.

New stages and costumes
To ensure this release packs an even bigger punch, Balrog’s story costume and premium battle costume will become available on 1st July, as well as a revival of the classic Las Vegas stage from Street Fighter II! The streets are lined with neon signs as you are cheered on by a fired-up crowd.

That’s not all, either. This summer, Street Fighter V is about to heat up! The Kanzuki Family Private Beach will now be available as an all new battle stage. This will also be released with the update on 1st July and can be purchased for 70,000 fight money. Also, Karin’s premium summer costume will be available to purchase as part of this latest update.

As a reminder, all character Battle Costumes will be available for purchase on 1st July through PlayStation Store.

Juri and Urien

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...pdate-adds-balrog-ibuki-story-mode-this-week/

Back
Top Bottom