STREET FIGHTER

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by jae oh en

brackets are done for both systems, just need names to fill them in. then we can get this going.

anyone down for a NT endless lobby one of these nights?

yea im down
im down too.

GT.. SneakGame718

PS3 TOURNAMENT SIGN UP
NT SN - PSN ID - REGION

1. NuMba1KiCkrocka - bbc_icecream23 -
2. beast4ya - iESCdeath
3. tetsujin23 - jaydean03 - GA
4.uniquepair- IHEARTCASH - dmv
5.chipsetjed- JedNavea
6.TheNameIsDale - coldshortsPEEPEE - CHI
7.thenkotb - hotpantsP00P00 - chi
8.Im Soooo Hungry - ImSooooHungry - NYC
9.piczon1983 - piczon2008 - DMV
10.DimondJ15 - DiamondJ15 - DMV
13(R).
14(R).
15(R).
16(R).

I knew it:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108160p1.html

arcade-super-sfiv-has-extra-character-slots-20100723094504413.jpg

As soon as I heard that a Super Street Fighter IV was coming out I knew there would be a Super Street Fighter IV Turbo, or another edition with even more new characters.. Unless someone actually thinks that these two new characters will truly be arcade exclusives and never be seen on consoles in this day and age.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I knew it:

As soon as I heard that a Super Street Fighter IV was coming out I knew there would be a Super Street Fighter IV Turbo, or another edition with even more new characters.. Unless someone actually thinks that these two new characters will truly be arcade exclusives and never be seen on consoles in this day and age.
Ono has said in the past that any updates for the arcade version could end up being provided as either free or paid download content for home users. If the arcade version does have two new characters, expect them to be made available to home players at some point.

hopefully this is true.....i'm not buying a whole new copy for some extra characters.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

I knew it:

hopefully the new characters will be dlc (if they're not an arcade exclusive)...i'm not buying a whole new copy for some extra characters.

They better be DLC. At first I thought that Super SFIV should've been DLC, but then I changed my mind after I learned that it was entire 10 new characters, 4 new stages, bonus stages, new ultra etc. I thought that this expansion was big enough to be a part of a new game, especially since it didn't cost full retail.

These two new characters better be DLC. But them being DLC would've required Capcom to make the console versions knowing that they would add 2 new characters. If these two new characters are truly new have just been added to the lineup recently, then we're screwed. Knowing Capcom, my guess is that these two characters are just an early promotion for a new game which will have more than 2 new characters, probably 6.

I knew it:

arcade-super-sfiv-has-extra-character-slots-20100723094504413.jpg

looks like one will be Karin
jsgab6.jpg

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

I knew it:

hopefully the new characters will be dlc (if they're not an arcade exclusive)...i'm not buying a whole new copy for some extra characters.
They better be DLC. At first I thought that Super SFIV should've been DLC, but then I changed my mind after I learned that it was entire 10 new characters, 4 new stages, bonus stages, new ultra etc. I thought that this expansion was big enough to be a part of a new game, especially since it didn't cost full retail.

These two new characters better be DLC. But them being DLC would've required Capcom to make the console versions knowing that they would add 2 new characters. If these two new characters are truly new have just been added to the lineup recently, then we're screwed. Knowing Capcom, my guess is that these two characters are just an early promotion for a new game which will have more than 2 new characters, probably 6.
it's 2 new characters for the arcade version of SUPER.  everyone in japan already has the game on console, they needed to add some incentive to get them all back into the arcades and make sure they play it.  we'll see these characters on consoles eventually via DLC. it's just a matter of whether or not capcom asks us to pay for it.

anyways.....

[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD, WHY HAVEN'T YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE TOURNEYS?!!?[/color]

IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD, WHY HAVEN'T YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE TOURNEYS?!!?

it's all about timing...chances are I wouldn't be able to play when the tourney starts.
ohwell.gif

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

I knew it:

it's 2 new characters for the arcade version of SUPER.  everyone in japan already has the game on console, they needed to add some incentive to get them all back into the arcades and make sure they play it.  we'll see these characters on consoles eventually via DLC. it's just a matter of whether or not capcom asks us to pay for it.

anyways.....

[color= rgb(204, 153, 0)]IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD, WHY HAVEN'T YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE TOURNEYS?!!?[/color]

But in order for the characters to be in DLC, they would've had to plan this all along, since before they started making Super SFIV for the consoles. They would've had to made the console version with the 2 characters on the discs.

And I haven't signed up because I suck.

PS3 TOURNAMENT SIGN UP
NT SN - PSN ID - REGION

2. beast4ya - iESCdeath
5.chipsetjed- JedNavea
11.MarTdiZzle23 - MarTdiZzle - NYC
13(R).
14(R).
15(R).
16(R).

R = possible reserve if we only get to 12.

XBOX 360 TOURNAMENT SIGN UP
NT SN - GAMERTAG - REGION

1. jae oh en - jae 0h en (with a zero) - norcal
2. TennHouse2 - Flash House - Texas
3. TheStreetDream- ThaStreetDream3-New York
4. jdeez42 - jdeez42 - SoCal
5.Jordanf1end- SneakGame718-New York
6. TheeQuickness - BertOgogo - SoCal
7.The minister - Robgva703 - virginia
8. alljayevryjay - Jerkysmyweaknes - SoCal
9. Havik - ChicagoBully88 - Chicago
10. M4rioL - Mvrio - NorCal
11. crazydav0 - mongooseny23 - NYC
12. rrickrude - rRude
13(R).
14(R).
15(R).
16.(R)

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/color]

2. beast4ya - iESCdeath
5.chipsetjed- JedNavea
12.VINTAGEKID1986- FINESSESUPREME86 -  NYC
13(R).
14(R).
15(R).
16(R).

Originally Posted by VINTAGEKID1986

2. beast4ya - iESCdeath
5.chipsetjed- JedNavea
13(R). Bozo7000 - ImSorryMsJackson - DMV
14(R).
15(R).
16(R).

WHEN COPYING AND PASTING THE LIST, PLEASE RETAIN THE SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF THE LIST. IT HELPS.

12. rrickrude - rRude
13(R).
14(R).
15(R).
16.(R)

we are good to go on a 12 man tourney for 360. i guess we can just wait a day or two and see if the defending champ, mr daaznfella, signs up to go on a title defense. if not, i'll post the brackets on sunday and we can get this started up.

PS3 TOURNAMENT SIGN UP

2. beast4ya - iESCdeath
5.chipsetjed- JedNavea
14(R).
15(R).
16(R).

anyone else for ps3? same deal as the 360 one. we can wait a few days for a couple other people, if not a bracket for the first 12 will be posted on sunday.  i<3boost, where you at?

But in order for the characters to be in DLC, they would've had to plan this all along, since before they started making Super SFIV for the consoles. They would've had to made the console version with the 2 characters on the discs.

why would that be the case? DLC =/= paying to unlock content that's on the disc in all instances. pretty sure COD, forza, GTA, battlefield, RDR and such don't ship out with all these cars, modes, maps, missions, and characters tucked away on the disc only to be unlocked 6-8 months down the line via DLC.

the producers of the game have already told people that they planned to give balance updates/possible characters to the console version via DLC if it were needed. like i said before, it's just a matter of whether or not we'll have to pay for them.

and just sign up for the tournament, i suck too.

it's all about timing...chances are I wouldn't be able to play when the tourney starts.
ohwell.gif

from past experience with these NT tourneys, i don't expect to completely finish it in a weekend.  so if you want to sign up, may as well. you'll get paired up with someone in the bracket and then you two work out a time to play and that's it. we aren't using the tournament mode in super for this. that would require trying to get 16 different people across the country to sign on at the same time. that's pretty much impossible. so yeah, sign up, it'll be fun.

may as well post this here on the new page too.

WHEN COPYING AND PASTING THE LIST, PLEASE RETAIN THE SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF THE LIST. IT HELPS.

12. rrickrude - rRude
13(R).
14(R).
15(R).
16.(R)
R-
R-
R-

we are good to go on a 12 man tourney for 360. i guess we can just wait a day or two and see if the defending champ, mr daaznfella, signs up to go on a title defense. if not, i'll post the brackets on sunday and we can get this started up.

PS3 TOURNAMENT SIGN UP

2. beast4ya - iESCdeath
5.chipsetjed- JedNavea
14(R).
15(R).
16(R).
R-
R-
R-

anyone else for ps3? same deal as the 360 one. we can wait a few days for a couple other people, if not a bracket for the first 12 will be posted on sunday.  i<3boost, where you at?

Gonna be online for a while hit me up gamer tag: rRude
I'm originally from the west but in the south here for a min.

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

jae am i too late to join ....
THE QBZ- THE QBZ  texas
nah. you're good. i'm gunning to get 16 people in each tourney by sunday. if we end up only running a 12 man tourney, you'll be the first one on deck in case one of the first 12 flakes.

it'll be dope if we can somehow get the winner of the 360 tourney to play the winner of the ps3 tourney. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

12. rrickrude - rRude
13(R). THE QBZ- THE QBZ - texas
14(R).
15(R).
16.(R)
R-
R-
R-

Yo sign me up on ps3, region- Portland, OR. Haven't played this game online since it's released so I hope it got better.

Psn: samb45

So last night, my buddy and I were playing when some dude hops in our match talkin some hot mess about being better than us and that we couldnt beat his A+ Ryu. He barely beat my friend, and when it came to be my turn, i used my favorite/best character against him, my rank D Dan (i dont play online for points, so all my characters are rank D 
laugh.gif
) . anyway, i worked his ryu like nobodies business. i finished him off withe the super taunt to the ultra combo both rounds for added insult to injury.
pimp.gif

after the round, the dude was in denial, saying things like " i cant believe i lost to dan. i've never lost a match with ryu. this has to be some kind of a joke...", proceeded to curse my friend and i out, and left.
laugh.gif

it feels good to beat arrogant punks.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

So last night, my buddy and I were playing when some dude hops in our match talkin some hot mess about being better than us and that we couldnt beat his A+ Ryu. He barely beat my friend, and when it came to be my turn, i used my favorite/best character against him, my rank D Dan (i dont play online for points, so all my characters are rank D 
laugh.gif
) . anyway, i worked his ryu like nobodies business. i finished him off withe the super taunt to the ultra combo both rounds for added insult to injury.
pimp.gif

after the round, the dude was in denial, saying things like " i cant believe i lost to dan. i've never lost a match with ryu. this has to be some kind of a joke...", proceeded to curse my friend and i out, and left.
laugh.gif

it feels good to beat arrogant punks.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Haha nice dude
pimp.gif

You play on ps3 or 360? i'd like to fight a good dan to get some practice against him
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom