Student Beaten To Death

You know, I was just about to ask this very same question...

shortydoowopp wrote:
what is it about Chicago that makes it so rough? there are gangs in every major city but why is it always Chicago in the news?

I seriously only became aware of "this-problem" after Kanye talked about "over 600 caskets last year". Now it seems as though every coupleof months, I hear about something else going in Chi-town. I mean really, what's really good here.

I live in NY, currently, and have lived here in the past for quite a number of years and i can't ever recall hearing and reading about strings of senselessmurders year after year after year.

Additionally, what exactly is the city doing to alleviate this problem. This isn't a "black-people-in-the-hood" problem. This is a CHICAGOproblem. The dichotomy between the nice safe affluent neighborhoods and the grimy crime ridden neighborhoods must be astronomical. It's funny, I justtalked to a friend of mine who works for Morningstar, graduated with his BFA from Uconn just a 2 years ago, and he was telling me just how lovely hisneighborhood is--his apartment apparently overlooks the Michigan--and how he has his lunches in a nearby park where there is always music playing. That'smy boy so I am beyond happy for him. But a part of me couldn't help but wonder if he knew or cared about that fact that, just a few miles from him, was awar-zone where innocent lives were being compromised everyday. Which then leads you to further wonder, if Chicago-ans (the ones looking in) really care aboutwhat's happening.

Do people only care about the violence when it touches them, their children, and invades their suburban sprawl. People will continue to die in that city unlessEVERY CITIZEN makes an effort to combat the violent plague that is presently, localized, but will soon surely spread. Realtalk, Oprah (because of her power)needs to initiate something. I'd even call on Barack considering that's "his city" but he has national and global issues to tackle...

R.I.P
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

ROME357 wrote:
How ya'll trying to get the olympics when all these children are dying down there.

Seems like ya'll mayor would have more important things to worry about.

So there aren't kids being murdered in the other sites vying for the bid??? You sound extremely stupid.
nah there's some people on my friends list saying the same comments about the olympics.
a dude that went to my school and another dude just got shot and killed on the westside. Chicago is messing up

Prosecutors charged Silvonus Shannon, 19, Eugene Riley, 18, Eric Carson, 16, and Eugene Bailey, 18, with first-degree murder, Simontonsaid.

Shannon, Riley and Carson were ordered held without bond Monday. The Cook County Public Defender's Office, which represented the three teenagers in court, had no immediatecomment. Bailey was due in bond court Tuesday, Simonton said.

Chicago police said they were looking for at least three more suspects, but would not discuss a possible motive for the attack.

Simonton said Albert was knocked unconscious when Carson struck him in the head with a board and a second person punched him in the face. Albert regainedconsciousness and was trying to get up when he was attacked a second time by five people, struck in the head with a board by Riley and stomped in the head byShannon, Simonton said.

8 lives wasted

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Additionally, what exactly is the city doing to alleviate this problem. This isn't a "black-people-in-the-hood" problem. This is a CHICAGO problem. The dichotomy between the nice safe affluent neighborhoods and the grimy crime ridden neighborhoods must be astronomical. It's funny, I just talked to a friend of mine who works for Morningstar, graduated with his BFA from Uconn just a 2 years ago, and he was telling me just how lovely his neighborhood is--his apartment apparently overlooks the Michigan--and how he has his lunches in a nearby park where there is always music playing. That's my boy so I am beyond happy for him. But a part of me couldn't help but wonder if he knew or cared about that fact that, just a few miles from him, was a war-zone where innocent lives were being compromised everyday. Which then leads you to further wonder, if Chicago-ans (the ones looking in) really care about what's happening.

Do people only care about the violence when it touches them, their children, and invades their suburban sprawl. People will continue to die in that city unless EVERY CITIZEN makes an effort to combat the violent plague that is presently, localized, but will soon surely spread. Realtalk, Oprah (because of her power) needs to initiate something. I'd even call on Barack considering that's "his city" but he has national and global issues to tackle...
Come on son, you already know the answer to that question. Just ask Dough Boy, he said it perfectly....
Realtalk, Oprah (because of her power) needs to initiate something.
Not gonna happen. She's too worried about giving away cars and hanging w/ Jay-Z and %%@!
smh.gif
smh.gif

Nas released a statement on this

Dear Young Warriors fighting the wrong war! I know that feeling, that frustration with life and needing to take it out on someone, any one. But….
We chose the dumbest things to go the hardest for. I remember seeing deaths over 8 ball jackets, Fila sneakers, and name plate chains. Deaths over "he say, she say"!!!!! "I'm from this block or I'm from that block", or "my moms n pops is f*cked up now the whole world gotta pay"!!!

I remember feeling like I was the hardest "n*gga" breathing. And I couldn't wait to prove it. But let's think. What are we really proving?? And proving what to who?? Everybody knows Chicago breeds the strongest of the strong but I just feel, me, being ya brother from another state feels your pain as if I grew up with you in ya very own household.

You have the ability and mindpower to change they way we are looked at. Look who's watching us young warriors, look who's throwing us in jail constantly, look at the ignorance in the world. Look at the racist dogs who love to see us down. Loving to bury us in the ground or in jail where we continue this worthless war on one another.

Young warriors…. We are WASTING more and more time. We gotta get on our jobs and take over the world. Cuz this movie left the theaters years ago, Juice, Menace, Boys n the Hood , Blood n Blood Out, Belly!

When we see each other why do we see hatred? Why were we born in a storm, born soldiers, WARRIORS….and instead of building each other up we are at war with each other.. May the soul of this young person find peace with the almighty. I'm with you young warriors. You're me and I'm you. But trust me! you are fighting the wrong war.

This sh*t sucks !!

-Nas

Human beings are just turning into animals now! People are becoming more and more heartless everyday. This is some sad !%%* and i have an insane amount ofsympathy for all the parents involved and the kid that was murdered. I got chills when could hear one of the girls screaming that kids name over and over. Forthis to happen anywhere its bad, but when it happens in my city and the rate this !%%* keeps happening in, its disheartening to say the least. It seems likewhen i was a kid and you got into a fight, that same day youd be hoopin on the same team with the guy you fought with and everything was cool.

So glad those lil !$!*$% gonna get when they deserve.

But no I'm not really. I wish the climate wasn't such that they've have to lose all humanity and act on animal instinct. Wielding boards andstomping dudes out when they are down is not in the human fabric.

Something has to be done to stop this nonsense. Not just in Chicago, but countrywide.

Come on son, you already know the answer to that question. Just ask Dough Boy, he said it perfectly....
Either they don't KNOW
Don't SHOW
Or don't care about whats going on in the hood
ohwell.gif

What can we do to help the situation? I'm tired of hearing complaints about how bad it is. I just want things to get better. I feel like community programsonly help the good kids.

The downfall of black America is so much emphasis on being "hard" rather than having "compassion" or being "intelligent". How wewent from fighting for an education and desegregation in schools to education being shunned.... everybody wanna be a "rapper", "model""ball player" we the only group of people that cut out abilities short and box ourselves into aspirations that only a few ever attain. I wish EVERYblack person in America had a subscription to Black Enterprise magazine and see how many successful black lawyers, engineers, doctors, entrepreneurs,accountants & etc are out their instead of being warped around what the media deems as successful career paths for us.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

The downfall of black America is so much emphasis on being "hard" rather than having "compassion" or being "intelligent". How we went from fighting for an education and desegregation in schools to education being shunned.... everybody wanna be a "rapper", "model" "ball player" we the only group of people that cut out abilities short and box ourselves into aspirations that only a few ever attain. I wish EVERY black person in America had a subscription to Black Enterprise magazine and see how many successful black lawyers, engineers, doctors, entrepreneurs, accountants & etc are out their instead of being warped around what the media deems as successful career paths for us.
true words

The downfall of black America is so much emphasis on being "hard" rather than having "compassion" or being "intelligent". How we went from fighting for an education and desegregation in schools to education being shunned.... everybody wanna be a "rapper", "model" "ball player" we the only group of people that cut out abilities short and box ourselves into aspirations that only a few ever attain. I wish EVERY black person in America had a subscription to Black Enterprise magazine and see how many successful black lawyers, engineers, doctors, entrepreneurs, accountants & etc are out their instead of being warped around what the media deems as successful career paths for us.
agreed...the way I see it, is there is way to much in-fighting in the black community as well. Black people seem to want to show each other up,fight each other, hold each other down. Yall kind of don't want to see each other shine.

take it from a Jew, the only way you guys will come up in america is if you stick together and look out for your people.

You have to keep in mind that black bodies have traditionally been disposable in American culture. It's the same reason why cops can stillkill black people and get away with it.

Eventually even our own communities buy into it.

Damn, it's hard to even articulate my feelings toward this.
I almost broke down when i seen that video of his mother.
smh.gif

Stories like this are too common in bad inner city areas, it's sad this is the only one that will see light for awhile.
We stay killing ourselves instead empowering each other, but coming from an area like that, ive seen how that mentality develops.
Another young black life lost, more young black lives in the prison system, a vicious cycle
He was only one year younger than me, just a kid.

@#%* is too sad and it's only the beginning

R.I.P. to derrion
the kids who did this to him just ruined their lives...they deserve to sit in jail for life

Back
Top Bottom