Student Loan Consolidation

I have two hefty private student loans and after talking to some people, they suggested that I look into consolidation. They've said now is a good time because interest rates are low (as far as I know). Also, because of my good credit score/history, I have heard that I might be eligible for a much better rate. I mean I've done some background research and I get the gist but has anyone actually done it?

...and I hear enough about my loans from people so I'm trying to do something about it.

I have two hefty private student loans and after talking to some people, they suggested that I look into consolidation. They've said now is a good time because interest rates are low (as far as I know). Also, because of my good credit score/history, I have heard that I might be eligible for a much better rate. I mean I've done some background research and I get the gist but has anyone actually done it?

...and I hear enough about my loans from people so I'm trying to do something about it.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

I would recommend against consolidating your loans since you can start knocking them off one by one more easily if they are separated.  Sure, financially, it might be better to get a better rate by consolidating them but mentally and emotionally you'll be able to get it done quicker once you can see the momentum building of them getting paid off.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

I would recommend against consolidating your loans since you can start knocking them off one by one more easily if they are separated.  Sure, financially, it might be better to get a better rate by consolidating them but mentally and emotionally you'll be able to get it done quicker once you can see the momentum building of them getting paid off.

how deep are you in if you dont mind me asking? Im about 11 gs in after graduating last may. After my first year I didnt take anymore out, just started paying out of pocket for the remaining after scholarship. Im doing the knock one out then move on thing. Although its much easier for me being that one is 1000 and the other is 10

how deep are you in if you dont mind me asking? Im about 11 gs in after graduating last may. After my first year I didnt take anymore out, just started paying out of pocket for the remaining after scholarship. Im doing the knock one out then move on thing. Although its much easier for me being that one is 1000 and the other is 10

Back
Top Bottom