Studio Apartments: Yay or Nay?

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

studio-apartment2.jpg
Ive never seen a studio that wasnt like this

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I'm looking into one in the DMV area.

I don't mind living alone or the no walls.
Im in the DMV too.  I'll be moving back home once I'm done with school in July.  Hopefully I'll find a job in DC so I'm tryin to find a place within walking or short driving distance from a metro station.  But the prices for places in the better parts of PG and MoCo are a little rich for my blood but I refuse to live in the hood just save a couple bucks..
Exactly. I'm looking into the Suitland area. Not the best of places, but def. not the worst.
The apartments right beside Branch Ave. station seem fairly priced considering the location.  I heard a 2-br goes for 1400 so a 1-br might go for around a grand.  That place is right down the street from my parents house so thats no good for me.  I'm trying to find a spot in Laurel or Rockville.  Trying to go as far north as possible.  I found this great place right beside the Columbia Heights station but the prices are crazy. Allegro Spaces I think and here is their cheapest studio floorplan:
754256fe7394cb45b1a1d374bb71f69047573f3.jpg

I definitely could live in a setup like this although my bed just being out in the open would be kinda weird if I did have guests over.  Maybe put the bed on the walk-in closet wall and put an oriental style separator up like mentioned.  But let me not get too ahead of myself cause of that 1525
tired.gif

My first apartment was a studio, super cheap and it had a half wall separation between the bedroom and living room so it was basically like a 1 br. It all depends on what is available to you. It definitely has it's perks.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

but I refuse to live in the hood just save a couple bucks..
laugh.gif
to that and the smiles on those peoples' faces in the pix

::

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i had a sweet one in DC when i lived there for a year. in general tho it's fine if you live alone...if you have a girl friend or are always having people over, it would suck.

cosign....studios FTW if you are young and live alone

Back
Top Bottom