Stupid question: How does one become rich?

Celebritynetworth is not a legit source

Instagram dude got rich cuz he sold it to fb

And other people who get rich off free websites probably get rich off ads?

In Silicon Valley, you create something for free and then figure out how to monetize it later. The three most common ways are to either sell it to another company like Instagram did. Serve ads to people who use that service (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Offer a premium version of the service that people can pay for to access content that is otherwise unavailable (Hulu, Pandora, etc.)

advertising baby! that's why i love my field.

Offer it for free get people hooked. keep ads far far away.

and then when they really need it ***** it out for some advertising, and throw in some extra goods for people that want to pay for "special" privileges.

advertising baby! that's why i love my field.

Offer it for free get people hooked. keep ads far far away.

and then when they really need it ***** it out for some advertising, and throw in some extra goods for people that want to pay for "special" privileges.
what kind of advertising are you in? why keep ads away? 

You become rich by:

1) Being born into it.

2) Marrying into it.

3) Taking a private company public (IPO).

4) Having some extraordinary idea/product (Gates, Jobs, Zuckerberg, etc.)

5) Winning the lottery.

You become rich by:

1) Being born into it.

2) Marrying into it.

3) Taking a private company public (IPO).

4) Having some extraordinary idea/product (Gates, Jobs, Zuckerberg, etc.)

5) Winning the lottery.
6) Diamond Heist

7) Drugs

In Silicon Valley, you create something for free and then figure out how to monetize it later. The three most common ways are to either sell it to another company like Instagram did. Serve ads to people who use that service (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Offer a premium version of the service that people can pay for to access content that is otherwise unavailable (Hulu, Pandora, etc.)
cant they also copyright the name of the company?? then make money when people or companies use the name. i thought thats what instagram did. i didnt even know they sold to fb 

what kind of advertising are you in? why keep ads away? 

nobody would be using facebook if it started with tons of ads.

nobody would use youtube if it started with annoying ******g ads.

they get you hooked first, and then they start trying to sell you the world.

ads are intrusive so you gotta be careful with how they're placed. funnily enough I use adblock at work and at home so as far as internet advertising goes :lol: I'm probably really missing out on what's new.

nobody would be using facebook if it started with tons of ads.

nobody would use youtube if it started with annoying ******g ads.

they get you hooked first, and then they start trying to sell you the world.

ads are intrusive so you gotta be careful with how they're placed. funnily enough I use adblock at work and at home so as far as internet advertising goes :lol: I'm probably really missing out on what's new.

Is there an ad block for mobile?

IF not there you go Op. I just made you rich. Serious.

so we can all make a app/software, hope it's popular and people like it and sell it to some company and hope we make it big lol 
smokin.gif

cant they also copyright the name of the company?? then make money when people or companies use the name. i thought thats what instagram did. i didnt even know they sold to fb 
You're probably thinking of a product. Like when Apple came out with the iPhone, Linksys owned the name at the time. Because Apple wanted it so bad, they bought the trademark from Linksys because both companies knew they would never use it. Actually... Apple is still fighting for the name in Brazil because a company there claims they own the name. However, this is a rare case though since companies don't take too kindly to name squatters. Typically they'll just sue them and let the smaller company's capital run out so they'll essentially give them the name.

Create something innovative. My gf works @ a private school in Santa Monica for toddlers. One of fathers was the creator of Angry Birds. Dude paper is hella thick now

If you're in a state that allows medical marijuana, now is the time to strike while the iron is hot. Funny legalities x Huge clientele x media hyping said substance = gold.

Get yourself a license instantly. Then set up a grow room and once the season arrives set up an outdoor rig. You will have more money then you can count by selling it straight to the dispensaries. Keep good security however as I've almost been a victim of door-to-door heists by these lousy Oakland thugs.

Additionally. get a top notch security system complete with cameras. I'm not joking.

own 2 or 3 pharmacy's and you'll instanyl be a millionare. Had i not gone to school for electrical engineering, i would've done pharmaceutical.

Back
Top Bottom