Sucker Punch

This was better than the Spirit for sure.
Outside of the Eva Mendes and Scarlett, that movie pretty much blows and not in a good way.

This movie was entertaining to me, I rather watch this than Elektra or Daredevil or Punisher or the Hulk (first movie), but that probably isn't saying much.

Outside of the Eva Mendes and Scarlett, that movie pretty much blows and not in a good way.

This movie was entertaining to me, I rather watch this than Elektra or Daredevil or Punisher or the Hulk (first movie), but that probably isn't saying much.

1. Legendary Pictures, almost always make good movies
2. Vanessa Hudgens and others...nuff said
3. Silversun Pickups in the trailer

FTW!

1. Legendary Pictures, almost always make good movies
2. Vanessa Hudgens and others...nuff said
3. Silversun Pickups in the trailer

FTW!

Didn't understand the movie at all but it was nice to look at visually.. I'm gonna watch it again
laugh.gif

Didn't understand the movie at all but it was nice to look at visually.. I'm gonna watch it again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

The Spirit is one of the top 5 worst movies of all time to me, so Sucker Punch is wayyyyyyyy better than that
laugh.gif

visuals are cool, story is creative, acting is kinda weak but overall it's worth a watch imo

The Spirit is one of the top 5 worst movies of all time to me, so Sucker Punch is wayyyyyyyy better than that
laugh.gif

visuals are cool, story is creative, acting is kinda weak but overall it's worth a watch imo

I second this for the guy that asked.

I second this for the guy that asked.

The extended edition of Sucker Punch is a DRASTICALLY better movie. If you saw the original...about 20 minutes in, you'll be mad about a lot of what the studio cut from the movie. This was fuxed with top to bottom.
To be honest, I heard there was an R-rated extended, so I was gonna just skip around, see what was new in and call it a day.
nerd.gif
grin.gif

And then I find they cut out almost all of the character, setting, theme and action intros. The music in the movie was so abrupt because they cut the start of most of the scenes. One scene in particular when that Queen remix starts blasting...it makes sense now. Literally almost every single important scene has the beginning and the character moments cut out and cut off.
indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

They cut out all of the allegory and the mystery. They killed this movie... I don't think you can really judge a film from the extended edition, cuz people paid money to see it in theaters. The only movie I ever really gave a bye to was Kingdom of Heaven (the extended kinda puts it in the same class as Gladiator)...but this movie is right there with it. Both movies are almost unwatchable in theaters, and so surprisingly solid in full.

I saw Sucker Punch for the first time a few weeks ago, but the entire movie felt new to me. Almost every scene has new meaning and weight to it. Like what if they put Kill Bill into chronological order and then cut about 1/4 of the movie?

They almost cut Vanessa Hudgens and Jamie Chung completely out of this film. The only character that isn't ruined by the studio cut is Carla Gugino's...and maybe Jena Malone's. That's it. They ruined ALL of the girls including Babydoll, they ruined the club owner, the doctor and even Babydoll's father.
30t6p3b.gif
This movie had a heart and a narrative and characters.

They cut all of the action scenes. There's a scene with Nazi robot zombies that was pretty random and blah in the original and pretty bad-@%+ (and full cast-, character- and film-defining) in the extended. They cut up the fire scene so badly that it doesn't even make sense. It's everything. The samurai trolls were supposed to introduce this other world and explain how all of it is gonna work. They erased all of it.
indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

The worst part of it all...the extended comes out to 2 hours and 7 minutes. That's it. This wasn't a 3 hour movie, they cut down to 2. This was a 2 hour movie they cut down to 1 and a half. Bridesmaids...was longer than Sucker Punch...extended.
30t6p3b.gif

tumblr_li20d1Wucx1qh0ahuo1_500.png

This movie is pretty awesome...I like it almost as much as I like Sin City. I can't believe a studio would ruin something like this, that only asked for 2 hours to tell its story. That's amazing to me. And nobody's gonna know. The film is already dead. You can't come back from what happened when it dropped...especially when even the biggest supporters and hypemen for it killed it too. (I was one of em...I genuinely love so many parts of Watchmen, even though it didn't work altogether) It's just a shame.

This would've been one of my favorite movies I saw in theaters all year. Sure some of my hype is because this went from the lowest expectations possible to this. And I mean...the movie is a little slow at times and they could've done a bit more with their themes (sometimes it's too subtle, others too blunt) (sometimes it's too subtle, others too blunt)...but it's solid. So solid. So disappointing what they did to it.

The extended edition of Sucker Punch is a DRASTICALLY better movie. If you saw the original...about 20 minutes in, you'll be mad about a lot of what the studio cut from the movie. This was fuxed with top to bottom.
To be honest, I heard there was an R-rated extended, so I was gonna just skip around, see what was new in and call it a day.
nerd.gif
grin.gif

And then I find they cut out almost all of the character, setting, theme and action intros. The music in the movie was so abrupt because they cut the start of most of the scenes. One scene in particular when that Queen remix starts blasting...it makes sense now. Literally almost every single important scene has the beginning and the character moments cut out and cut off.
indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

They cut out all of the allegory and the mystery. They killed this movie... I don't think you can really judge a film from the extended edition, cuz people paid money to see it in theaters. The only movie I ever really gave a bye to was Kingdom of Heaven (the extended kinda puts it in the same class as Gladiator)...but this movie is right there with it. Both movies are almost unwatchable in theaters, and so surprisingly solid in full.

I saw Sucker Punch for the first time a few weeks ago, but the entire movie felt new to me. Almost every scene has new meaning and weight to it. Like what if they put Kill Bill into chronological order and then cut about 1/4 of the movie?

They almost cut Vanessa Hudgens and Jamie Chung completely out of this film. The only character that isn't ruined by the studio cut is Carla Gugino's...and maybe Jena Malone's. That's it. They ruined ALL of the girls including Babydoll, they ruined the club owner, the doctor and even Babydoll's father.
30t6p3b.gif

They cut all of the action scenes. There's a scene with Nazi robot zombies that was pretty random and blah in the original and pretty bad-@%+ (and full cast-, character- and film-defining) in the extended. They cut up the fire scene so badly that it doesn't even make sense. It's everything. The samurai trolls were supposed to introduce this other world and explain how all of it is gonna work. They erased all of it.
indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

The worst part of it all...the extended comes out to 2 hours and 7 minutes. That's it. This wasn't a 3 hour movie, they cut down to 2. This was a 2 hour movie they cut down to 1 and a half. Bridesmaids...was longer than Sucker Punch...extended.
30t6p3b.gif

This movie is pretty awesome...I like it almost as much as I like Sin City. I can't believe a studio would ruin something like this, that only asked for 2 hours to tell its story. That's amazing to me. And nobody's gonna know. The film is already dead. You can't come back from what happened when it dropped...especially when even the biggest supporters and hypemen for it killed it too. (I was one of em...I genuinely love so many parts of Watchmen, even though it didn't work altogether) It's just a shame.

This would've been one of my favorite movies I saw in theaters all year. Sure some of my hype is because this went from the lowest expectations possible to this. And I mean...the movie is a little slow at times and they could've done a bit more with their themes (sometimes it's too subtle, others too blunt) (sometimes it's too subtle, others too blunt)...but it's solid. So solid. So disappointing what they did to it.

Yea. There's both versions on the bluray, so you can see for yourself. But the extended is the real movie.

The studio F---ED it. I know I heard a little something about Snyder lowkey telling people not to watch it and how this isn't the movie he made. This gave me my respect back for this dude.

About to "get" the extended version
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

This thread reminded me I need to rewatch Sin City, good looks

About to "get" the extended version
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

This thread reminded me I need to rewatch Sin City, good looks

Yea. There's both versions on the bluray, so you can see for yourself. But the extended is the real movie.

The studio F---ED it. I know I heard a little something about Snyder lowkey telling people not to watch it and how this isn't the movie he made. This gave me my respect back for this dude.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

just copped it on bluray good looks bro

Originally Posted by theone218

Let us know if its worth it.  I'm still undecided.

Originally Posted by theone218

Let us know if its worth it.  I'm still undecided.

nerd.gif
grin.gif

indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

30t6p3b.gif

I've just been convinced. I'm watching this extended version someway, somehow

Back
Top Bottom