Sugar Bowl: tOSU vs. Arkansas AKA Pryor vs. Mallett ESPN 8:30 PM

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

#2 on Ark could have ran that blocked punt in, he dropped the ball though.

i thought the same thing but he probably just wanted to cover it up and not risk anything
What's the risk? Even if he blows it and Ohio State miraculously recovered it (which they wouldn't because those two Arky players were practically by themselves), it was 4th down so it wouldn't have mattered
laugh.gif

if he'd picked it up and started to run with it and lost control and an ohio state player fell on it, the way those refs were going they prob would have ruled it a fumble.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
that should NOT have been a safety, but in the interest of a better game, I'll take it
Should have been a whistle blown, but since there wasn't and the runner broke free....... They can't even complain about that call though, they haven't had hardly anything go against them the whole game.  Lets go Razorbacks, tie this game up.

that should have been a safety, the guy broke the intitial tackle. so forward progress rule was negated, in fact, If Boom breaks that tackle and runs a 99 yard TD run, yall would be mad that they blew the whistle when he clearly broke the tackle.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
that should NOT have been a safety, but in the interest of a better game, I'll take it
Should have been a whistle blown, but since there wasn't and the runner broke free....... They can't even complain about that call though, they haven't had hardly anything go against them the whole game.  Lets go Razorbacks, tie this game up.

that should have been a safety, the guy broke the intitial tackle. so forward progress rule was negated, in fact, If Boom breaks that tackle and runs a 99 yard TD run, yall would be mad that they blew the whistle when he clearly broke the tackle.

Just got back from the game.
Notes:
We (Arkansas) spotted OSU 7 by not falling on that first fumble by TP
Our defense made TP2 look like Vince Young circa 2006 Rose Bowl
Mallett played decent overall but the drops obviously handicapped him big time
Mallett needs another year in college football but will likely leave
The blocked punt was the key, should have been a scoop and score FTW

Mallett was the first one off the field after the loss, dude moved faster getting to the locker rooms than he's moved all season. Son had his head down the whole way so much he ran right into a horse that a cop was on

Just got back from the game.
Notes:
We (Arkansas) spotted OSU 7 by not falling on that first fumble by TP
Our defense made TP2 look like Vince Young circa 2006 Rose Bowl
Mallett played decent overall but the drops obviously handicapped him big time
Mallett needs another year in college football but will likely leave
The blocked punt was the key, should have been a scoop and score FTW

Mallett was the first one off the field after the loss, dude moved faster getting to the locker rooms than he's moved all season. Son had his head down the whole way so much he ran right into a horse that a cop was on

Damn Im just now watchin the game. What a play by #98 droppin into his zone on that Blitz. that was the right read by Mallet. 98 just made a great freakin play.

Mallet did NOT hurt his stock with this game.

I was pleasantly surprised he didnt force more throws

Damn Im just now watchin the game. What a play by #98 droppin into his zone on that Blitz. that was the right read by Mallet. 98 just made a great freakin play.

Mallet did NOT hurt his stock with this game.

I was pleasantly surprised he didnt force more throws

He didn't force throws and didn't go *****ing about his wr dropping everything

@%$$ out of here not picking him in the 1st or 2nd round.

He didn't force throws and didn't go *****ing about his wr dropping everything

@%$$ out of here not picking him in the 1st or 2nd round.

Watched the first quarter then had to run to the office. Do you know how hard it is to tune out a score these days? Was able to do it, knew a second airing was coming on @ 11:30 got home a little after that and watched the rest of the game just now.

First things first, Wow.

The Arkansas drops
30t6p3b.gif

But the shocker of them all was that blocked punt, nothing but end zone in front oh him and really no risk at all considering that was 4th down. he just fell on it
30t6p3b.gif
I know dude feels terrible

As i was watching i just couldn't believe Ohio St was going to blow another one of these, almost as if it was a forgone conclusion that they were going to choke. The game was gift wrapped for Arky at the end though and Ryan just forced one at the worst possible time. It happens.

laugh.gif
@ TP2's answer to the question about him coming back tho.....

Heres to next weeks game being as good as this was..
smokin.gif

Watched the first quarter then had to run to the office. Do you know how hard it is to tune out a score these days? Was able to do it, knew a second airing was coming on @ 11:30 got home a little after that and watched the rest of the game just now.

First things first, Wow.

The Arkansas drops
30t6p3b.gif

But the shocker of them all was that blocked punt, nothing but end zone in front oh him and really no risk at all considering that was 4th down. he just fell on it
30t6p3b.gif
I know dude feels terrible

As i was watching i just couldn't believe Ohio St was going to blow another one of these, almost as if it was a forgone conclusion that they were going to choke. The game was gift wrapped for Arky at the end though and Ryan just forced one at the worst possible time. It happens.

laugh.gif
@ TP2's answer to the question about him coming back tho.....

Heres to next weeks game being as good as this was..
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

After dude didn't scoop and score on that blocked punt I had a bad feeling for the Razorbacks
I don't fault dude for not trying to scoop and score. They were burned earlier in the game by not simply falling on the ball.

Though 9/10 times, the person tries to scoop the ball esp. when he was surrounded by nothing buy Razorback jerseys.

Oh, and Ryan Mallet = top 10.

I hope he does the QB session w/ Jon Gruden before the draft like they did last year w/ the QB's and they review this tape. Wanna see his face when they review all those drops
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

After dude didn't scoop and score on that blocked punt I had a bad feeling for the Razorbacks
I don't fault dude for not trying to scoop and score. They were burned earlier in the game by not simply falling on the ball.

Though 9/10 times, the person tries to scoop the ball esp. when he was surrounded by nothing buy Razorback jerseys.

Oh, and Ryan Mallet = top 10.

I hope he does the QB session w/ Jon Gruden before the draft like they did last year w/ the QB's and they review this tape. Wanna see his face when they review all those drops
sick.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

sick.gif
I honestly thought he was going to bring Colt McCoy to tears during their film session

Originally Posted by dreClark

sick.gif
I honestly thought he was going to bring Colt McCoy to tears during their film session

gunna you think that was the right read? I think mallet was just fooled on that pick. but honestly hr shouldn't have been. Ohio state drops the DE 9/10 times when they blitz..(just ask jacory harris)..esp if solo was in there on the end.

I watched a lot of arkansas games this yr but mallet really impressed me this game, last played aside. he was droppin balls like rain right into the receivers hands..pause..ungaurdable really.

valiant effort for ohio sts secondary with all the injuries they had. esp when chekwa brakes his wrist. playin 2 frosh and a 2nd stringer vs arkansas and mallet
sick.gif
ohio st was extremely fortunate the wrs had the dropsies tho..

*inserts pdiddy mutha $%@%$$ gif*
FINALLY.
sad to see the seniors go. rolle, hines, homan, cam, etc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gunna you think that was the right read? I think mallet was just fooled on that pick. but honestly hr shouldn't have been. Ohio state drops the DE 9/10 times when they blitz..(just ask jacory harris)..esp if solo was in there on the end.

I watched a lot of arkansas games this yr but mallet really impressed me this game, last played aside. he was droppin balls like rain right into the receivers hands..pause..ungaurdable really.

valiant effort for ohio sts secondary with all the injuries they had. esp when chekwa brakes his wrist. playin 2 frosh and a 2nd stringer vs arkansas and mallet
sick.gif
ohio st was extremely fortunate the wrs had the dropsies tho..

*inserts pdiddy mutha $%@%$$ gif*
FINALLY.
sad to see the seniors go. rolle, hines, homan, cam, etc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

threw it in the window between Corner and Backer. DE hade middle zone. Just made a great play.

sometimes Defenders make a great play on the proper throw

esp since the WR didnt help out at all and just stood there instead of coming back to the ball. that WR group was so bad last nite. unreal

threw it in the window between Corner and Backer. DE hade middle zone. Just made a great play.

sometimes Defenders make a great play on the proper throw

esp since the WR didnt help out at all and just stood there instead of coming back to the ball. that WR group was so bad last nite. unreal

Back
Top Bottom