Suggest some shoes for my wedding recption, YEAH!

TheSwoosh wrote:
Sneakers and a suit is not a good look. I love sneakers too but there's a point. Besides after your married for a year you will realize that there's more important things to argue about then sneakers. Go invest in some nice dress shoes and make your wife happy.

Rocko*You just do you and Imma do me*Rocko

Sneakers and a suit is not a good look to you, but this is not your day or your wedding. Never once did he say that he argued with his fiance about what he wasgoing to wear. Apparently there are some "issues" in your marriage. From what he said he doesn't need to get some nice dress shoes to make hiswife happy. It sounds as if he and his wife discussed it and as long as the shoes have green in them she will be happy. Go handle yours and let this man handlehis.

duerr...congrats on the wedding, enjoy Jamaica and love your wife forever...get old together but stay young at heart.

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Sneakers and a suit is not a good look. I love sneakers too but there's a point. Besides after your married for a year you will realize that there's more important things to argue about then sneakers. Go invest in some nice dress shoes and make your wife happy.
no disrespect but it's statements like these that make want to ask EVERYONE, what defines a good look...and the answer is NOTHING. justbecasue 9 out of 10 people say it's a good look to wear dress shoes, doesn't mean its a good look, that just means 9 out of 10 people would rather weardress shoes. i look at dress shoes at a wedding as an on going trend, "everyone" does it so naturally there are going to a few that want to bedifferent and stand out. i personally USED to want to wear sneakers (DMPS's) to my wedding but now i just want to wear them at my reception also (just tobe fair with the Mrs.
tongue.gif
), but thats a while from now being that i'monly 19.lol

Originally Posted by CHUNGBOB89

no disrespect but it's statements like these that make want to ask EVERYONE, what defines a good look...and the answer is NOTHING. just becasue 9 out of 10 people say it's a good look to wear dress shoes, doesn't mean its a good look, that just means 9 out of 10 people would rather wear dress shoes. i look at dress shoes at a wedding as an on going trend, "everyone" does it so naturally there are going to a few that want to be different and stand out. i personally USED to want to wear sneakers (DMPS's) to my wedding but now i just want to wear them at my reception also (just to be fair with the Mrs.
tongue.gif
), but thats a while from now being that i'm only 19.lol
What nobody is seeming to get is that I'll be wearing a full suit on a beach in Jamaica THREE WEEKS PRIOR TOTHE RECEPTION. Also, if it makes a difference, I wear a suit every-single-day when I work, and I'm no stranger to being nicely dressed.

The reception is going to be held in an old loft-style warehouse downtown. We've encouraged everyone to wear casual shoes because of the slightly-unevenwood floors, walking after parking, and dancing.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the people taking 'great offense' to the fact that I'll be wearing sneakers during MY wedding receptioncouldn't even tell me their jacket size....let alone been to a tailor in their lives.

Really.
roll.gif

DRESS SHOES....i know you guys love sneakers but seriously its your wedding...i just think its tacky, if you were in HS and it was prom sure (if it ticklesyour pickle) but i dont know i just think its tacky for such a nice and beautiful day. i say dress shoes if that opinion makes a difference.

ceremony, reception, i think you should keep it classy not trashy =P

btw my girl would kill me if i even thought of asking her haha, but yea if you choose to go with sneakers in the end post pics!! im sure it will be nice!! myclassmate who just got married is honeymooning in Jamaica, never considered that place for honeymoon or wedding.... CONGRATS nevertheless!!

Originally Posted by duerr

Originally Posted by CHUNGBOB89

no disrespect but it's statements like these that make want to ask EVERYONE, what defines a good look...and the answer is NOTHING. just becasue 9 out of 10 people say it's a good look to wear dress shoes, doesn't mean its a good look, that just means 9 out of 10 people would rather wear dress shoes. i look at dress shoes at a wedding as an on going trend, "everyone" does it so naturally there are going to a few that want to be different and stand out. i personally USED to want to wear sneakers (DMPS's) to my wedding but now i just want to wear them at my reception also (just to be fair with the Mrs.
tongue.gif
), but thats a while from now being that i'm only 19.lol
What nobody is seeming to get is that I'll be wearing a full suit on a beach in Jamaica THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO THE RECEPTION. Also, if it makes a difference, I wear a suit every-single-day when I work, and I'm no stranger to being nicely dressed.

The reception is going to be held in an old loft-style warehouse downtown. We've encouraged everyone to wear casual shoes because of the slightly-uneven wood floors, walking after parking, and dancing.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the people taking 'great offense' to the fact that I'll be wearing sneakers during MY wedding reception couldn't even tell me their jacket size....let alone been to a tailor in their lives.

Really.
roll.gif

who cares, show some maturity...you're getting married and you still tryna rock sneakers with a suit? if its gonna be that casual why wear a suit?

if sneakers are that serious in your life, you need to re-evaluate your situation.

mynameaintG wrote:

who cares, show some maturity...you're getting married and you still tryna rock sneakers with a suit? if its gonna be that casual why wear a suit?

if sneakers are that serious in your life, you need to re-evaluate your situation.

I'm not totally sure how you came to the conclusion that "sneakers are that important in my life".

I think some of you are reading too into this.
roll.gif

People are reading way too much into it lol. Hey as long as your wife is ok with it and you guys have fun wear whatever you want. Its all about bein happy andhavin fun.

What nobody is seeming to get is that I'll be wearing a full suit on a beach in Jamaica THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO THE RECEPTION.

The reception is going to be held in an old loft-style warehouse downtown. We've encouraged everyone to wear casual shoes because of the slightly-uneven wood floors, walking after parking, and dancing.
I know that I, personally, didn't think that "back in town" meant "three weeks later in the United States".

It's kinda hard for people to "get" something that's so ambiguous, much less not mentioned at all in regard to the reception location.

I still think sneakers with a suit looks ridiculous, but it's your call.

If I was ever looking to wear something other than dress shoes with a suit, I'd try to snag a pair of Rudeez.

wtaps-vans-syndicate-rudeez-3.jpg

Then again, they're not green.

But I'd still try for something more low-profile, like a pair of Vans Authentics or Chucks.

Much easier for the slacks to fall over than a pair of Forces, Dunks, etc.

Wow, you dudes... The guy asked about sneakers with green, not to be reprimanded for his personal choices. Geez. Help the guy out or save your breath,y'all acting like his Dad in here.

And hey, if you have the money, I think the NikeID idea is really the best one yet. Check out nikesportswear.com for some more "premium" type iDkicks, or nikeid.com for the basic stuff.

Jordan Selects.. in Grey.. still goes with Green.. don't want too much green on ya bro..

Grey goes with erry thing and they are comfy..

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

What nobody is seeming to get is that I'll be wearing a full suit on a beach in Jamaica THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO THE RECEPTION.

I know that I, personally, didn't think that "back in town" meant "three weeks later in the United States".

It's kinda hard for people to "get" something that's so ambiguous, much less not mentioned at all in regard to the reception location.

I still think sneakers with a suit looks ridiculous, but it's your call.

If I was ever looking to wear something other than dress shoes with a suit, I'd try to snag a pair of Rudeez.

wtaps-vans-syndicate-rudeez-3.jpg

Then again, they're not green.

But I'd still try for something more low-profile, like a pair of Vans Authentics or Chucks.

Much easier for the slacks to fall over than a pair of Forces, Dunks, etc.

Those are LEGIT. Im def. going to try and find a pair.

(On a side note, I didn't really think I'd have to defend my position on wearing sneakers to the reception, so I left it out of the first post. Itwasn't until everyone started criticizing that I got more clear.Doesn't really matter, though)

Originally Posted by LeronJames

Wow, you dudes... The guy asked about sneakers with green, not to be reprimanded for his personal choices. Geez. Help the guy out or save your breath, y'all acting like his Dad in here.

And hey, if you have the money, I think the NikeID idea is really the best one yet. Check out nikesportswear.com for some more "premium" type iD kicks, or nikeid.com for the basic stuff.
People are providing suggestions, doesn't mean he has to follow those suggestions. Opinions are just that, opinions.

The VICK jersey strikes again.
If you have the time, maybe you should look into making some IDs like someone else here suggested. You could put the date of your wedding on them and itssomething that you could cherish forever.

I haven't read all 3 pages, but don't do it. You have the rest of your life to wear sneakers. This is her day and you know she would prefer you weardress shoes.

well if u dont wanna wear dress shoes go with a pair of supras
u cant go wrong
and jordans 11 go with anything
but since ur looking 4 green da neon 95s r gd

I'm getting married in a few months. I am going to wear dress shoes 95% of the day/evening....I plan on throwing some kicks on during the photo sessionsbetween the ceremony and the reception....then for an hour of the reception. For the people attending my wedding, they expect me to bust something out, knowingmy obsession with sneakers.

I personally wouldn't do it. Even if I were trying to avoid wearing dress shoes for the even in the location mentioned, I would look for some very casualshoes not sneakers. But since you already made a decision, I would look for for something like the sample Nike Veronas that were supposed to come out lastyear. Specially if you will be wearing a light colored linen suit. Something reminiscent of Miami Vice the show.
Nike-sb-slip-on-green.jpg

the nike ID idea was genious, you can even make some for your groomsmen as wedding gifts. i would go that route...

sidebar - jordan xi's always run clean with dress pants (no green? just use spacejams)

^^ quick thought.... sugar ray 8s????? it might be costly but it would be an awesome way to remember the wedding day!

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

Go with some proper shoes. By all means change to some sneakers later on. You will look back in years to come and think why the hell did i wear those sneakers at my wedding.
cosign

if you are going to wear sneakers for the reception, you have to bust out with your holy grail. make sure your grooms man are wearing heat. its your wedding ucan do whatever u want.

for me I would wear concord xi's

Back
Top Bottom