Suits for interviews?

So tomorrow I have an interview for a new job, and was wondering peoples stance on wearing suits to interviews. Too much? I've generally been the slacks/button up/tie kinda guy when going on interviews and it hasn't hurt me so far. But this position I DO really want so was thinking of going a little extra. Was wondering if the full suit makes me look too thirsty, or if its the right move to make. 

What kinda job? If its retail or something similar, being that its summer, go with the slacks/button-up/tie

If its a corporate job or any kind of desk job, definitely go with the suit. A suit will never make you look thirsty, and honestly i cant think of an interview situation where wearing a suit would hurt your chances.

Yea it's def a desk/IT position. Guess a suit can't really hurt my chances lol

always rock a suit. The tie color is important. Not too drab but not too festive. You wouldn;t belive the aura it exudes when you do that

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

always rock a suit. The tie color is important. Not too drab but not too festive. You wouldn;t belive the aura it exudes when you do that

Word. Earth colors, nothing to vibrant.

Wearing a suit to an interview = thirsty.
laugh.gif
kids.

i work in a corp Trust job and i wore a polo and slacks dress shoes tattoos shining ( I have a sleeve) Took the Du-Rag off right before the interview i wa in full flourish mode B

It depends on the culture of the company. If I had an interview at a start up, I prob wouldn't wear a suit.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

What kinda job? If its retail or something similar, being that its summer, go with the slacks/button-up/tie

If its a corporate job or any kind of desk job, definitely go with the suit. A suit will never make you look thirsty, and honestly i cant think of an interview situation where wearing a suit would hurt your chances.

Above is spot on. Also keep in mind that "red ties" give off confidence, & make sure you bring a physical copy of your resume & cover letter even if they already have it.

I have discarded applications due to not showing up with that, if you aren'g going to invest in yourself , you aren't going to invest in your position (if you get it )

and good luck

Side note: I've conducted a lot of interviews and one of the first things I notice is how a suit fits. Pleeeease don't wear an oversized suit where it rises to your ears when you sit down.

Like everyone else says tho.. depends on the job for the necessity.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Side note: I've conducted a lot of interviews and one of the first things I notice is how a suit fits. Pleeeease don't wear an oversized suit where it rises to your ears when you sit down.

Like everyone else says tho.. depends on the job for the necessity.

love seeing interns and such walk in with their old prom-type suits on 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well as mentioned before, I have never worn a suit prior to the same type of job oppurtunity before and it hasn't affected my being hired. Just thought I'd go the extra length for this one because I really want the position. Fitted suit w/ red tie seems in order
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airjzz

Well as mentioned before, I have never worn a suit prior to the same type of job oppurtunity before and it hasn't affected my being hired. Just thought I'd go the extra length for this one because I really want the position. Fitted suit w/ red tie seems in order
pimp.gif
I dunno about the red ties man.. says President/politics to me. Depending on shirt color - I think a light green is always a good way to go, it's an underused color and can make you stand out.

Originally Posted by jehims

always wear a suit to interviews

QFT. Always wear a black or grey suite. Wearing a suite shows you take things seriously, and not casual. It always seems to work. 

ya should definitely wear a suit if anything more than retail..... dress to the seasons colors..... wear something that actually fits nice on ya..... look comfortable in it, don't swear during the interview..... also, for resumes, use cotton paper
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wearing a suit to an interview = thirsty.
laugh.gif
kids.
isn't this the name of the game though? By default, I'm assuming you'd be thirsty for a job you want 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom