Summer '10 Book Club - Book #1: The Help by Kathryn Stockett

balloonoboy

Banned
So I flirted with the idea a few months ago about starting a new book club and though 'what the hey', if even one person participates it shall be a success.  Of course I hope that more than one person participates and that we can have some real vivacious discussions.
With no further adieu, I've chosen the first book that we will read and discuss.  The Help by Kathryn Stockett is a New York Times Best-seller and just a great book.  Without delving too deep into it, it's about southern maids who lend a helping hand, in more ways than one, which will be uncovered as you begin upon the journey that is 'The Help'.  I believe this is a stellar discussion book.

Pick up the book and drop in every now and then with a question, criticism or comment.  Let's go.  
smokin.gif

the-help.jpg

So I flirted with the idea a few months ago about starting a new book club and though 'what the hey', if even one person participates it shall be a success.  Of course I hope that more than one person participates and that we can have some real vivacious discussions.
With no further adieu, I've chosen the first book that we will read and discuss.  The Help by Kathryn Stockett is a New York Times Best-seller and just a great book.  Without delving too deep into it, it's about southern maids who lend a helping hand, in more ways than one, which will be uncovered as you begin upon the journey that is 'The Help'.  I believe this is a stellar discussion book.

Pick up the book and drop in every now and then with a question, criticism or comment.  Let's go.  
smokin.gif

the-help.jpg

I'm in although I'm mostly interested in self-improvement and business books.. not sure if those types of books are best for book clubs.

I'm in although I'm mostly interested in self-improvement and business books.. not sure if those types of books are best for book clubs.

im in... and please pick a book thats easy to "find"... unlike that monster book which as a result the club never took off

im in... and please pick a book thats easy to "find"... unlike that monster book which as a result the club never took off

Im def down for it, seeing how im getting back into reading.

But i don't know if this book interest me...

Im def down for it, seeing how im getting back into reading.

But i don't know if this book interest me...

Back
Top Bottom