Suns defeat Grizzlies in 4th quarter burst: Shaq sits entire 4th quarter

Shaq's first road game as a Phoenix Sun and he sits the entire 4th quarter.

Final Score: 127(suns) - 113(grizz)
Fourth Quarter: 37(suns) - 23(grizz)

Shaq was a -10 for the game.

Thoughts? Reactions?

There's all this extra hate regarding Shaq and the Suns these days. I mean, this thread alone implies that the Suns are better without Shaq out there. Andright now, you're probably right.

I'm telling every single one of you: Just wait until they figure out how to play with Shaq on the court.

You're really not going to want to see the Suns in the playoffs.

Shaq had a good against Boston. One game doesn't really mean anything. The fact is, not many teams have 7'1" 330 lb centers that have won NBAtitles ... if they learn how to use him, I agree that they will be dangerous. In particular they need to start playing defense as a team.

lnMyMind wrote:
Bastitch wrote:
Just wait until they figure out how to play with Shaq on the court.

Who's to say that they do?

What? No faith in the talented coaching of Mike Antoni? He's a genius, he'll figure it out.
eyes.gif

Not really, Suns are fakes anyways, put a fork in them. They choke every year of their existence, one guy won't fix that, rings or no rings.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Who's to say that they don't?

laugh.gif
The complete clash in styles of play and how they've lookedthus far with him on the team...

laugh.gif
The complete clash in styles of play and how they've looked thus far with him on the team...

Shaq has won on every team he's played on. Period.

I'm not going to neglect history like the rest of you.

And I hate the Suns.

The complete clash in styles of play and how they've looked thus far with him on the team...
After what, all of 4 games or so?
indifferent.gif

Not to mention the man was out prior to the trade for an entire month.....
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

And I hate the Suns.

Um, I think you listen to his quotes too much. He SAYS he's won at every level, buuuuuuuut, he didn't win in high school, and he didn't win incollege. Just saying.

And in the NBA, he won with Kobe 3 times and with the refs once. He had Phil and Pat leading those teams.

and he took the Magic to the finals... and probably would have won the year after that too if it weren't for Jordan. What're you saying?

How many games do they need???
I've watched every single Suns game since the trade and dude just doesn't look like a good fit for the team.
There's no hate going on man... Cats is just stating the obvious.

My fault Bastitch, you the homie and all but I just don't see it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

And I hate the Suns.

Um, I think you listen to his quotes too much. He SAYS he's won at every level, buuuuuuuut, he didn't win in high school, and he didn't win in college. Just saying.

And in the NBA, he won with Kobe 3 times and with the refs once. He had Phil and Pat leading those teams.

Who cares about high school and college? He's won on every single professional team he has played on.

What are you really arguing right now? I can think of way more times a trade has taken place and it took an adjustment period before a team learned how toplay with the new talent than I can of the opposite. Pau doing what he's doing with the Lakers is an anomaly. Snap out of it. That doesn't happenall the time.

These are professional athletes that play at the highest possible level. This isn't your playground shirts and skins team playing with the 12 year oldbecause they had 5 and you had 4.

Originally Posted by AK Nako

and he took the Magic to the finals... and probably would have won the year after that too if it weren't for Jordan. What're you saying?

That even though he looks to be in shape and is surely motivated, he is 35 and not a guy that can dominate anyone anymore. And that he has a loser for acoach and a team full of choke artists. Nash has heart, I'll give him that, but Stat is fake as hell, Barbosa is alright, Hill never won nothin in theNBA, Diaw is French, what else would you like me to say? They lost at home to a team that played the night before. Lost by 30 at home, and then had to worktheir tails off to beat.......the Grizz. This ain't November anymore right? It's time for teams to be motivated right? They're going to flameout again. Just my opinion. If I'm wrong, then congrats to Shaq and the rest of the Suns, I just think they're done. Sorry.

Cats is just stating the obvious.
I don't care much if the trade works out or not....I'm a Pistons fan.

The way I see it, some major adjustments need to made in order for it to work...it's not like the Gasol trade where the Lakers can compensate by justrunning more pick and rolls with him and Kobe.

Look at the Jason Kidd trade...while he's one of the GOAT pg's, he's going from a running team to a half court team.
Even he is going to struggle at times until the Mavs can adjust...it's not going to happen overnight. They've won a few games in a row but they'vebasically been playing scrub teams

Nash and Amare have never played along side a decent center in their entire careers...they must learn how to play with someone like Shaq

IMO the verdict isn't out after just a few games....get back at me by the end of the regular season

He SAYS he's won at every level, buuuuuuuut, he didn't win in high school, and he didn't win in college.
Wrong. He did win in high school.

And I think that as long as he will be playing, Shaq will help the Suns and not hurt them. But that's IF he will be playing, especially in the playoffs,which is far from certain given his injuries.

BTW, anyone see the Grant Hill dunk over Darko early in the game? A good way to redeem himself after being scoreless in the Detroit game.

If I'm the Suns I look towards doing more to cater Shaq. Slow it down, and go with more of stationary posting/reposting and such. Give Shaq the touches.From what I've observed, they're tying to use him as some utility player. Like he's Ben Wallace or some !%!$. It's just not his game. Shaqneeds touches in order to really have his impact felt.

Bottom line, they have the shooters to play that style(Bell, Nash Barbosa etc). I know it's a complete change of identity, But you basically did thatanyway when the trade was made. They'll still be plenty of transisiton oppritunties, even playing the slower paced style.

You traded for Shaq. You might as well try to fully reap the benefits of his 'presence'.

That even though he looks to be in shape and is surely motivated, he is 35 and not a guy that can dominate anyone anymore. And that he has a loser for a coach and a team full of choke artists. Nash has heart, I'll give him that, but Stat is fake as hell, Barbosa is alright, Hill never won nothin in the NBA, Diaw is French, what else would you like me to say? They lost at home to a team that played the night before. Lost by 30 at home, and then had to work their tails off to beat.......the Grizz. This ain't November anymore right? It's time for teams to be motivated right? They're going to flame out again. Just my opinion. If I'm wrong, then congrats to Shaq and the rest of the Suns, I just think they're done. Sorry.
roll.gif

Bottom line, they have the shooters to play that style(Bell, Nash Barbosa etc). I know it's a complete change of identity, But you basically did that anyway when the trade was made. They will still be plenty of transisiton oppritunties to have even playing the slower paced style.
I agree but I don't even think they have to totally change their identity.

Very good teams have the ability to win both up tempo and half court type games....ex) Detroit, San Antonio, Lakers, Boston (?),

Let's be real here. Has Shaq won on basically every team he's been on? YES BUT, does Shaq look like the same player he was on those teams? NO This isan older, slower Shaq. He's just not the same player anymore. True, there's going to be an adjustment period, but, it's clear as day that Shaq ison the decline, so, the Suns better figure it out fast with Shaq.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

indifferent.gif

Not to mention the man was out prior to the trade for an entire month.....
indifferent.gif

What f***** difference does it make? Other players have been traded and have meshed in very well with their new teams. He just clearly doesnt FIT. It was abad move from the jump. How can you ask a team to change the way they've been playing for the past 3-4 years to accommodate a washed up Shaq? He serves nopurpose on the team...all he does is take up space and !*@+! up their movement on the floor.

guys he played 24 mins and had 13 and 11 boards.

Every game it seems like there's going to be a SHAQ POST, and more idiotic people come and hate for exactly no reason.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom