Who will be Super Bowl Champions?

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, we’ve all heard what you’ve said over the last year-plus at the podium, on the radio. I respect what you’ve said. But this commissioner and this league, via a four-game suspension, tried to disgrace you. People called you a cheater. People on TV cried. People lied. People threw trash at your name. Are you telling us that none of that factors into any of the motivation you have to go out there, and to win this game so you can grab the trophy, and hold it high, and stand at the top of the mountain, and howl at the moon?

http://deadspin.com/reporter-really-pours-it-on-with-question-for-tom-brady-1791713732

Jesus
deadmanny.png

That basically embodies why the rest of the country hates New England sports fans.

I lived in ATL when I was a kid and my mom still does so I can root for the Falcons if I ******* want

I've been down with Matt Ryan since his BC days. Definitely rooting for him. It was evident their offense was potent, but it was difficult to tell if their defense could hold up. In hindsight, it probably didn't matter, given their offense. The NFC was fairly wide open and it just so happened that Atlanta's O was the unit that stepped up the most, out of all teams in the playoffs, when it mattered. Their defense is better at this point in the season too.

The game should be good. I don't know if I see it being a barn burner from start to finish (nerves, SB tempo out of the gates, etc), but both teams should be able to score. 27-24, 30-27 seem like good numbers for the final score, with the potential of minus one point or so for the possible missed PAT(s).

Last edited:
Dieon Jones, Beasley, Neal, & Grady Jerret will keep the Pats run game in check.
Per PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season/

" The Falcons were lucky that their offense was able to often build early leads, because this run defense was mostly smoke and mirrors in many games. Atlanta didn’t have a single player that you could point to and say, “He’s good against the run.” Nose tackle Grady Jarrett earned the unit’s highest grade in run defense, and even he was only 52nd in that regard among interior defenders. Saving this unit from the bottom five was the breakout of second-year sack artist Vic Beasley, who led the NFL with 16 sacks. "

Their run defense is not good at all. They give up 4.5 ypc, good for 6th worst. Their line is fast, but undersized. You can bet Belichick is going to expose their run defense.

Last edited:

Per PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season/

" The Falcons were lucky that their offense was able to often build early leads, because this run defense was mostly smoke and mirrors in many games. Atlanta didn’t have a single player that you could point to and say, “He’s good against the run.” Nose tackle Grady Jarrett earned the unit’s highest grade in run defense, and even he was only 52nd in that regard among interior defenders. Saving this unit from the bottom five was the breakout of second-year sack artist Vic Beasley, who led the NFL with 16 sacks. "

Their run defense is not good at all. They give up 4.5 ypc, good for 6th worst. Their line is fast, but undersized. You can bet Belichick is going to expose their run defense.
We'll take it. I have a feeling our pass rush is gonna do exactly what the Giants did in '07 and '11. Soon as that Pats O-line gets scatterbrained Brady is food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom