Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing Matt Ryan will expose is the Patriots' already suspect defense 
smile.gif

Ryan has nothing to do with Brady, nor vice versa.

Stephen A is a dumb ***. posting anything he says in here is basically making the rest of the thread dumber for having read it. especially with the general and nba folks in here now. they'll take it and run.

i mean we got a dude calling Matty Ice top 5 all time if he wins in two weeks :rofl:

Your QB is a cheater and will get exposed on the 5th

Tom Brady could never win another game in his life and still finish with more TDs and wins than Matt Ryan ever will. "exposed".

View media item 2309205

Chris Chandler was no where near an MVP, Jamal Anderson fizzled, Deion is a Cowboy, Vick never took us to the Super Bowl...

I'm not ready to say Julio over Matt or Freeman or Coleman but theres an argument for all of them. The team is just really good right now

TEAM

I attended Boston College during the Matty Ice era and there are few things I'd like to see more in sports than for him to win a ring.

Beating Brady in order to get it would make the win that much sweeter.

Matt Ryan is a class act, and he was incredible to watch during my tenure on the Heights. Watching him win 8 straight in 2007, with a Thursday night comeback win in the rain at Va Tech, was remarkable. Although BC has dwindled in talent and become irrelevant in the national spotlight, he carried us to an overall #2 Associated Press ranking; something I will never forget. He has succeeded in the NFL and the only thing left to do is to hold up that Lombardi Trophy.

LET"S GO DIRTY BIRDS!

Matt Ryan is a class act, and he was incredible to watch during my tenure on the Heights. Watching him win 8 straight in 2007, with a Thursday night comeback win in the rain at Va Tech, was remarkable. Although BC has dwindled in talent and become irrelevant in the national spotlight, he carried us to an overall #2 Associated Press ranking; something I will never forget. He has succeeded in the NFL and the only thing left to do is to hold up that Lombardi Trophy.

i agree that Matt is good a dude. he's done well in the NFL. IF my Pats have to lose, i'd be OK with it being against Matty Ice. no doubt there. but i still want #5 more :lol:

matty boy even the greatest falcons player ever?

he even the best player on the team currently?

I'll speak on this. He is certainly our best QB ever. As much as we love Vick it's clear he was not as a good a QB as Ryan. But best player ever..we haven't had a lot of best ever anything the only pushback most will give you is Deion but the argument could be made for him.

Best player on the team currently is say so. If Matt couldn't live without Julio it would be Julio but he has spread the ball around every where including putting up big numbers without Julio and Sanu at one point in the regular season so I think it's fair to say he's the best player on the team right now.

Vick is better than Matt Ryan. If Vick had half the weapons Ryan has we would have had a championship by now. Matt is clearly benefiting from his teammates and coaching.

And just for those people saying Ryan is nowhere near Brady:

Brady:

17 Seasons
Career Passing Yards: 61,582 (4th all time)
Career Passing TDs: 456 (4th all time)
Career Completion %: 63.8 (14th all time)
Career Wins: 207
Super Bowl Wins: 4
MVP: 2

Ryan:

9 Seasons
Career Passing Yards: 37,701 (21st all time)
Career Passing TDs: 240 (25th all time)
Career Completion %: 64.9 (8th all time)
Career Wins: 88
Super Bowl Wins: 0
MVP: 1

Brady has 8 more seasons played than Matty (7 if you don't count Brady's first season). If Matt can stay healthy for as long as Tom, which is feasible, he could come very close to the numbers Brady currently has.

I absolutely despise the Pats, particularly Brady and Belichick, but I will give credit where it is due. They are arguably the best NFL QB and Coach of all time. Matt Ryan will go down as one of the top 10 QBs all time if he can win Super Bowl LI and continue to be an efficient producer for at least another 5 seasons; mark my words.

Last edited:
I like Matt and was rocking with him even when a lot of the homes was saying we should dump him and draft his replacement but win or lose, he's not top 5 of all time. This being his 9th season, I think it's too late for that. He's definitely the best Falcon ever imo. Vick will always be my favorite but Matt is better.

And just for those people saying Ryan is nowhere near Brady:

Brady:

17 Seasons
Career Passing Yards: 61,582 (4th all time)
Career Passing TDs: 456 (4th all time)
Career Completion %: 63.76 (4th all time)
Career Wins: 183
Super Bowl Wins: 4
MVP: 2

Ryan:

9 Seasons
Career Passing Yards: 37,701 (21st all time)
Career Passing TDs: 240 (25th all time)
Career Completion %: 64.93 (21st all time)
Career Wins: 85
Super Bowl Wins: 0
MVP: 1

these stats are wrong. brady has over 200 wins so might just be outdated a bit.

what's up with the completion % stat? Ryan higher % but lower all time?

EDIT: maybe regular season stats? maybe thats why the win totals are lower. the point is the same. i see what you're saying. but expecting Ryan to play to 39 at a high level is a stretch IMO

Last edited:
I'll speak on this. He is certainly our best QB ever. As much as we love Vick it's clear he was not as a good a QB as Ryan. But best player ever..we haven't had a lot of best ever anything the only pushback most will give you is Deion but the argument could be made for him.

Best player on the team currently is say so. If Matt couldn't live without Julio it would be Julio but he has spread the ball around every where including putting up big numbers without Julio and Sanu at one point in the regular season so I think it's fair to say he's the best player on the team right now.

And let's not forget that he threw TDs to 13 different guys this season. Julio is an absolute beast (that catch he made when the dude flipped him over yesterday may go down as the best forgotten catch in playoff history), but Matt has also been locked in this season. And let's also remember that he had a 13-3 record without Julio in 2010.

The over/under on the number of times cheater, - - - gate or an asterisk gets posted or referenced before the Super Bowl is 150.

I'm taking the over.

I really wish we didn't have to talk about all time stuff right now I just want to antijinx what's going on right now [emoji]9785[/emoji]️

Pushing all bias and slander aside, I'm happy to see Matt Ryan and Julio here in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't mind seeing them run the NFC for a few years.

I really wish we didn't have to talk about all time stuff right now I just want to antijinx what's going on right now [emoji]9785[/emoji]️

It was so much simpler when you were the only Falcon fan around during the season :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom