Super Bowl XLII vs XLIII: Which game was better??

XLII vs XLII: Which game was better/more entertaining??

ESPN.com Poll
(121, 973 votes)
XLIII: Steelers overCardinals = 57%
XLII: Giants over Patriots = 43%

tired.gif
obviously last year with was at stake

Giants beating the Patriots no question and it's not even because I'm a Giants fan. it was just more intense

This one's up there though

this year had a few great moments..... the INT, the 4th Q.... but there was no hype leading into this game. you had a team that nobody cared about playing init. last year, there was the hype, the history on the line, the dominant team of the decade vs. the biggest media market..... you had one of the greatest QBsand WRs..... and i'm a pats fan but i understand the significance of last year's game........

Last year's, duh.

The scenarios:
Giants were a wild card team and were running the table in the NFC playoffs.
Pats were 18-0 up until they reached the championship game.

The game was close, and the G-Men pulled the upset....can't argue against that.

It might be biased but XLII>>>>XLIII

I mean the Patriots were going to kill the Giants and go 19-0 and be the first team in history to do it right?

Nah
pimp.gif

There was too much hype for the game last year....and the Giants holding them to 14 points, Tyree catch, and the ending
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

XLII was most definitely better because:
A NY team won
Giants were serious underdogs
Patriots were 18-0 and lost
Tyree had that crazy grab
Went down to the end

Im waiting on the broncos to make it back to the big game

definitely last year's. this year's was much better than expected but last year's was still better because everyone thought the pats wereinvincible.

^^ maybe because this SB JUST happened. and there's a lot of casual fans out there that dont care about year-to-year stats and such.

XLII was not better than this year's Super Bowl, but it was one of the best AND most important Super Bowls in history.

Back
Top Bottom