Super Bowl XLII vs XLIII: Which game was better??

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Last year's, duh.

The scenarios:
Giants were a wild card team and were running the table in the NFC playoffs.
Pats were 18-0 up until they reached the championship game.

The game was close, and the G-Men pulled the upset....can't argue against that.

Well said..

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

XLII was most definitely better because:

A NY team won vs a Boston team
Giants were serious underdogs
Patriots were 18-0 and lost
Tyree had that crazy grab
Went down to the end
Fixed & Super Bowl XLII may be the best Ever...

Originally Posted by acidicality

definitely last year's. this year's was much better than expected but last year's was still better because everyone thought the pats were invincible.

dude.. take down your pic of federer. Nadal won
ohwell.gif

and XLII > XLIII because giants were huge underdogs vs undefeated patriots

Both are up there.

History was made in both games.

• Tyree catch.
• Patriots losing.
• The Giants winning the way they did.

(All three of those things almost out way this game alone...but still)

On the other hand...

• Arizona making it to The Big Game.
• Pittsburgh getting a 6th Championship.
• Harrisons interception.
• Ben driving them down the field like a legend.
• Fitz goin off at the end

NO NO NO...NO....NO NO NO

last years was better.

but that doesnt take anything away from tonights game. tonight was a great, great game. but the circumstances last year was so much greater.

if, IF arizona had won, it would be a better story since they were underdogs. but even still that wouldnt make it better than last year.

The quality of the gameplay of the 2 is debatable and can understandably go either way.

Last years game was so much more important than this one because of the Pats story alone, but the Giants also had their own story. It was David v. Goliath.This years game had much less meaning.

you can believe todays game was better, but theres no denying last years super bowl was one of the most important ever, and this years was basically average interms of superbowl game significance.

And Manning breaking out of a sack that would have killed the giants hopes of winning, and Tyree making one of the most amazing catches ever is CLASSIC.

2 great games in a row though.

Last year easily... so much at stake in that one, huge NY market in there with the great storylines... that's as good as it will ever get imo.

I was ready to dub this the greatest Super Bowl I have ever seen, when Larry Fitzgerald cut through the Steelers secondary, literally did this:

8ff16e312ebc437f16e26a2e5dc25b722e3cfa8e.gif

If the Cards would have held on, it would have been better, however, their defense just folded. It is always better to see the underdog win, which made lastyears SB much better.

That being said, personally, the best Super Bowl I ever saw had to be the Rams vs. the Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV....

Don't look Ska, this is your warning:

_625525_dyson300.jpg

eek.gif

smokin.gif

My Top 5:

1. XXXIV (Rams vs. Titans)
2. XLII (Giants vs. Patriots)
3. XXV (Giants vs. Bills)
4. XLIII (Steelers vs. Cardinals)
5. XXIX (49ers vs. Chargers) - Personal, 49er fan and IMO, the best all around team I ever saw and uni's
smokin.gif
tongue.gif

all these guys saying last years "easily"
laugh.gif
I think i personally would give the slight advantage to last years game but the gameswere very similar in the drama the end of the game provided.

As far as on the field it was this year's game easily. Last year the game was boring until the 4th quarter, it was just exciting because it was close andthe Pats were undefeated, but that game sucked for three quarters. This was a pretty good game all around

Last year's, but only by a small margin. Both were very VERY good games, but I just think that with the situation last year, and how the flow of the gamewas going into the fourth quarter, really made it close the whole way; as compared to today's game, where the Steelers had a good 10 point lead throughmost of the third quarter.

Just my opinion though.

Screw that. I enjoyed this SB more than last year's. 100-yd TD return? My childhood asthma came back watching that. Larry's catch? Larry running up the seam for the TD? Santonio's catch? More exiciting plays, period.

But my favorite is still 49ers/Bengals and the catch by John Taylor.

Both great games and will be looked at as such as history unfolds, but you can't argue about the G-Men defeating the Goliath's of the NFL. I just hopethis string of Super Bowl's goes on for a long long time.

I give it to this years just for the 4th quarter alone. You had to be dumb to think last year the Pats were going to blow out the giants. In their game at theend of the regular season it was only a 3 point game. Yes they were undefeated come superbowl but the game was pretty close. This year we had 2 big drives in aspan of like 4 minutes. Lead changes at that. Almost the biggest comeback in superbowl history.

I can't believe this is even a question. This year's was a great game, but it isn't even close to last year's game. With the incredible hype,history on the line, amazing plays, and the underdog pulling it out in the end, it's not even a question which game was better.

It seems some are arguing for a better game and some are arguing more important. Two different concepts, XLII was more important/significant (no question) buton the field the games are close if not a slight edge to this year

This is how I see it.

More people are prone to say SB 42 was better because of the climatic build up and the story line, Patriots would have become the 2nd team to go undefeatedBrady would have gotten his 3rd Lombardi but then you had The Giants the antithesis of an underdog coming back in the last minute of the final drive andwinning with an amazing catch.

SB43 was great aswell and i will say the 4th qtr in SB43 > SB42... all the elements that make a classic finish,a safety that lead to a great comeback by theCard, Fitz with an amazing catch & also when he burned out the field, Big Ben putting together one of the greatest SB winning drives and Holmes with theamazing catch, the ending was just epic. Overall it was a great game but penalities would be the only reason i'd say 42 > 43. Penalities always makes agame sloppy

But I enjoyed this superbowl more because my team won.
pimp.gif

I thought this year's game was much more exciting.

I also didn't buy into the Pats blowing out the Giants, so I wasn't shocked when the Giants won.

Back
Top Bottom