Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

NY's final drive is the "Greatest Drive" in NFL history.
Wow, Yall really get carried away with the here and now.

John Elway, 98 yard drive is called "The Drive" Im guessing U never even heard of it.

and this the greatest Superbowl ever?
Nah.
I ll take Rams/Titans and Bills/Giants before this one
You're entitled to your opinion on the greatest Super Bowl ever but your logic just doesn't make any sense. As entertaining as those games you mentioned were, they had no historical significance whatsoever other than the better teams in those games won. The Patriots were the "dynasty" coming into this game. Individual records were met this year by Brady and Moss, and the quest to perfection was up for grabs as well as being tied with Montana and Bradshaw for most QB Super Bowl wins. The Giants were MAJOR underdogs by many, and even I didn't know if they could get it done..and you know what they proved me wrong. They held the "dynasty" to only 14 damn points and Eli Manning had arguably the greatest drive in NFL history on the grandest stage of them all. The Giants were a wild card team that has won since mid December on the road that started the season 0-2 and lost their star tight end Shockey all year long. If that's not an improbable victory...and cause to call their win on the grandest stage of them all....the GREATEST SUPER BOWL WIN IN HISTORY...I don't know what is...
happy.gif

If your talkin about meaning or significance, how is this superbowl game anymore meaningful than Joe Namath's superbowl win? or more meaningful than Doug Williams being the 1st black QB to win a superbowl?
this was just a good upset, nothing more nothing less, this was barely a bigger upset than Pats/Rams,

and when Im talkin about best superbowls, I m talkin bout best played on the field, at the highest end with very lil blown assignments or garbage plays.

and the New York Giants were not a better football team than the K Gun Buffalo Bills.

Whether this was the "BEST SUPER BOWL EVERY" or not..this definately goes down as one of the best. You are entitled to your opinion what youthink was the best super bowl ever. He's entitled to say this is the best ever. Everyone's going to have their own point of view. There's manydifferent factors that determine what makes it the best to peoples own point of view. At the end it's still only your opinion. So let it be.

^^^^But they also weren't 18-0 plus the Pats roster is
eek.gif
compared to the rams that year.But Gunna is right about this probably not being the mostimportant but its up in the top 5 or 3.And what was up with Darthhoody being a %$% at the end.
laugh.gif

BTW this was posted in General but not here, did yall see Michael Irvin on QVC selling Giants memorabilia?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

explain Stringer.

Giants WERE major underdogs
I wasn't entirely confident myself that we'd pull it out (being a realist)
Yes, they proved me wrong with this win. I had faith in them against the Boys, Bucs, and Packers. But the Patriots? Not so much for the simple fact that nobody has beaten em all year.

They played them well in week 17. They only lost by 3 points. They've proven this entire season that they can win on the road. That D-Line is damngood too.

Best Superbowl I've EVER seen, and I've seen some great ones. The Pats had an amazing season, congrats to them. But the G-Men shocked the world, theycame out and played the biggest and best game of their careers!
Props to Eli, and I'll admit i've been a HUGE critic for the past few years but the kid really stepped up and I'm happy to see him finallysucceed...

huh? the league MVP and Offensive player of the yr on the same team. faulk, Holt, Bruce, warner, Proehl, Hakim ... yea that rams roster wasnt *#%% .
laugh.gif
yeah,the Pats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> those Rams (ZzZzZ's) that same Rams squad was superbowl 2/3yrs. yea that team had a buncha nobodies on the squad
smh.gif

I see someone recognize that Bills/Giants game.
pimp.gif

It was a good super bowl. Greatest umm idk about that. I'm still in shock pats a arent my fav team but i wanted to see a perfect season. I feel they justwerent themselves a lil tentative wasnt really in it. But contrats to the g-man

I dunno about end of an era (we all can wish tho
laugh.gif
) , they still play in the afc east, that means cake walk to damn near a playoff bye for at least 2 moreyrs

Well, I probably hosted the greatest Suoerbowl party ever, but thats a whole different story.
laugh.gif

I skimmed through about 40 pages since I was nowhere near a PC, but just my 2cents....

- Everyone hated and said the Giants had no shot vs Tamba Bay's top defense in the NFC, and the Giants handled theirbusiness with methodical drives and great defense.

- Everyone said the Giants had no chance vs "MVP" Romo and their "unstoppable" offense, and that theybeat the Bucs b/c they were in a weak division (after those [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]same[/color] people said they had a top defense),dudes thought Giants fans were straight delusional and some dude's didn't even want to have a normal sports discussion......Giants beat em up andpressured Romo all night long

- Everyone said the Giants had no chance in the frigid weather of Green Bay, and Favre and his Wrangler jeans could not bestopped. The Giants pass rush was "over-rated", and Farve never loses at home. Giants handle their business in a classic NFC Championshipgame.

- Everyone said the Giants had no shot vs the 18-0, unstoppable Patriots team.....they had no business being on the samefield and Brady was going to score 40+ points.

Eli Manning outplayed Garcia, Romo, Farve, and......Tom Brady. The same "over-rated" pass rush simply dominatedin ALL of their playoff games.

What a miraculous run, what a great day for NYC sports. I am taking off from work on Tuesday to support these guys, theymake me proud to be a New York Giants fan. So much for dudes doubting my support for Eli, I was even bashed for calling him "above average"....butits safe to say he shut EVERYBODY UP.

PS: The 18-1 chants @ this bar afterwards were great.
laugh.gif
I gotta be up in 3 hrs for work.
eek.gif

I don't think I yelled as loud as I did after that amazing catch by Tyrie since that Endy Chavez Game 7 NLCS Catch.
eek.gif

2005126921238108591_rs.jpg

end of an era are u really serious. Brady still has alot of years left and if randy re-signs. U guys act like they were crush by 30 or more points. If wasntfor a heck of play by eli and samuel dropping the interception its 4out of 7 for the pats. They willl be back next year gurantee 10wins for them

ahaha, congrats to the giants, played great deserved it, and my prediction earlier was a joke...ya'll think i'mma say 63-7 pats for real. ahahaha.congrats to the giants, beat 3 of the top 4 teams on the way to the championship.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Now, IMO, it seemed like Moss was doggin it all game. Not trying to adjust to footballs that were off the mark, running half+%! routes, etc. Was it just me or did other people see it?

it was just you. because other people saw Brady under fire all game and always being slightly off with those timing throws to Moss. the most obvious one was Brady missing a wide open Moss on that 1st and goal the first time, but there were also at least 2 other times where Moss had a step on the DB for at least a 40-yard gain and Brady missed him.

Yeah, I didnt really take that into consideration. I honestly needed a second opinion on this one. I guess to me it seemed like he was dogging it, but therewere other factors.

Thanks. Needed another opinion.

I am a Cowboys fan and I wanted the Giants to win. I was one of the few people that thought they could do it because of their defense. Glad they closed theroof just in case it got wet that would have favored the Pats IMO. I am happy for Eli and Strahan I think Mike is a great DE. Tomorrow I can go back to hatingthe Giants but today I was rooting for them. Very weird saying that but I hate the Pats.

One more thing, I think that the Pats would have rolled the Cowboys or the Packers had either of them gone.

So good for the Giants, BTW they won't be a dynasty of any kind.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

NY's final drive is the "Greatest Drive" in NFL history.
Wow, Yall really get carried away with the here and now.

John Elway, 98 yard drive is called "The Drive" Im guessing U never even heard of it.

and this the greatest Superbowl ever?
Nah.
I ll take Rams/Titans and Bills/Giants before this one
You're entitled to your opinion on the greatest Super Bowl ever but your logic just doesn't make any sense. As entertaining as those games you mentioned were, they had no historical significance whatsoever other than the better teams in those games won. The Patriots were the "dynasty" coming into this game. Individual records were met this year by Brady and Moss, and the quest to perfection was up for grabs as well as being tied with Montana and Bradshaw for most QB Super Bowl wins. The Giants were MAJOR underdogs by many, and even I didn't know if they could get it done..and you know what they proved me wrong. They held the "dynasty" to only 14 damn points and Eli Manning had arguably the greatest drive in NFL history on the grandest stage of them all. The Giants were a wild card team that has won since mid December on the road that started the season 0-2 and lost their star tight end Shockey all year long. If that's not an improbable victory...and cause to call their win on the grandest stage of them all....the GREATEST SUPER BOWL WIN IN HISTORY...I don't know what is...
happy.gif

If your talkin about meaning or significance, how is this superbowl game anymore meaningful than Joe Namath's superbowl win? or more meaningful than Doug Williams being the 1st black QB to win a superbowl?
this was just a good upset, nothing more nothing less, this was barely a bigger upset than Pats/Rams,

and when Im talkin about best superbowls, I m talkin bout best played on the field, at the highest end with very lil blown assignments or garbage plays.

and the New York Giants were not a better football team than the K Gun Buffalo Bills.

So you mean to tell me that you can not understand what I had already replied to you about why the Giants win was in my mind the biggest win in SBhistory!? The answers to all of these pointless questions you're asking have already been stated by myself, you're just either not reading fully ormisunderstanding....something cuz you apparently don't see where I'm coming from at all. But I will play along....

Joe Namath's win was more historical than this upset....HOW!? He helped win his team the Super Bowl...was his team undefeated? Was his team up against ajuggernaut like the Pats!?

As for Doug Williams...are we talking individual accomplishment here or team accomplishment? Doug Williams won the Super Bowl and obviously was the 1st blackQB to ever accomplish that but in a TEAM structure...again...Were the ******** undefeated and chasing history!? Were they playing against an unbeaten dynastylike the Giants did a few hours ago!? I didn't think so!!!!

And you're wrong on alot of accounts here. First off you obviously place great de-emphasis on how big this win was for the Giants...or maybe you'rejust not capable of understanding how big of a win this was and how big of a loss this was for the Giants and Pats respectively.

~Blown coverages are a part of football. Big deal...plays are made on things like that...and the game wasn't too sloppy otherwise you'd be looking at ashootout...which obviously wasn't the case!

~As for the Bills team you mentioned....them being better than the Super Bowl winning NY Giants!?
roll.gif
Give me some of that green you were smokin on earlier because if memory servesme right...the K Gun Bills led by Jim Kelly didn't do a damn thing except lose Super Bowls...
laugh.gif

18-1 NY Giants? ha. i knew cheaters never prospered, but i thought pats were an exception to the game. congrads to manning, plax and big t. its nice seeinunderdogs pull through... patriots won't ever be remembered for an ALMOST perfect season, they'll always be remembered for losing against the giants.shows that 18 W's mean nothin now

Joe Namath's win was more historical than this upset....HOW!? He helped win his team the Super Bowl...was his team undefeated? Was his team up against a juggernaut like the Pats!?

grin.gif
Uh, Yea, they were up against the Colts who were 13 - 1 and they were the juggernaut of the NFL back then and the Jets were a lowly AFL team who werent expected t odo much if anything. and let me help u out, theAFL were thought to be a 2nd rate conference especially since the NFL squads had dominated them in the previous 2 p superbowls. historically, that Jets wingave credence to the AFL.
Like I said earlier, Im just trying to help people learn their history when they are misinformed, and from your response of the Jets not playing a juggernaut shows me you are lacking just a tadbit on your NFL history.

by the way, the Colts were favored by 3 TDS .
laugh.gif

The Bills went to 4 straight Superbowls (I guess thats something to
laugh.gif
at
ohwell.gif
) a nd that 1st appearance , they were surely the best team in the NFL up until the superbowl? andthat loss was by a missed chippy fg scott norwookfg and undoubtedly not gettign over the hump there helped contributed to them not winning anymore of the ones they were in.

Back
Top Bottom