Superhero/Villain roster for your basketball team?

If you had to make a basketball team but only selecting Superheroes from Marvel or DC, who would you pick? Reasons?

My starting five would be:

PG - Spiderman. He can use his web to stick onto the ball, and come up with some sick moves like what Rajon Rondo does
grin.gif

SG -Ironman. He can calculate the physics in his brain and he will be automatic from beyond the arc
SF - Superman - A strength and speed combination will be perfect for SF position
PF - The Hulk. Unstoppable in the key
C - Giant-man aka the Wasp. He can just grow to like, 10 storeys tall and no one can touch him

Coach: Professor X

pimp.gif

Nightcrawler as PG...dude going to be like CP3.
Ironman as SG...agree with you. Dude can just use his laser beam from the hand to launch the ball from full court like in Space Jam.
Batman and Wolverine as forwards.
The Sentinel from X Men as center because dudes are 100' tall.
Beast as coach.

PG- Flash
SG- Ironman
SF- Dr. Manhattan game over right there he can rip the ball from anyone and dunk it all in his mind.
PF- Superman
C- Hulk

PG-Spiderman- There is no better floor general out there. He is the best leader Marvel has to offer.
SG-Ironman-For reasons mentioned above.
SF-Iceman- His crossover would freeze the competition.
PF-Wolverine-Charles Barkley with adamantium
C-Mr. Fantastic-His wingspan is limitless.

HC-Professor Xavier
Associate Coach-Captain America
Assistant Coach-Dr. Strange

pg- quicksilver
sg- the human torch
sf- mr fantastic
pf- wolverine
c- apacolypse

coach- magneto

mascot- toad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

If you had to make a basketball team but only selecting Superheroes from Marvel or DC, who would you pick? Reasons?

PG - Spiderman. He can use his web to stick onto the ball, and come up with some sick moves like what Rajon Rondo does
grin.gif

SG -Ironman. He can calculate the physics in his brain and he will be automatic from beyond the arc
SF - Superman - A strength and speed combination will be perfect for SF position
C - Giant-man aka the Wasp AntMan. He can just grow to like, 10 storeys tall and no one can touch him

pimp.gif
Can't make a superhero post and not know your superpeople, come on man lol
laugh.gif

Pg-Spiderman- super agile
Sg- Green Arrow-shot would be perfect, I think he has better aim than deadshot or bullseye
Sf-Flash...nuff said
Pf-Hulk...eh he may turn into Bruce(or David whoever you prefer) and be useless, so I'll go with Thor
C-Collusus when he turns into his steel form dude is a beast plus he is still agile, and wouldn't just be a huge dude in the middle of the floor.

Coach-Batman
6th man Gambit...just because.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

grin.gif

C - Giant-man aka the Wasp AntMan. He can just grow to like, 10 storeys tall and no one can touch him

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Pg-Spiderman
Sg- Green Arrow
Sf-Flash
Pf-Hulk...eh he may turn into Bruce(or David whoever you prefer) and be useless, so I'll go with Thor
C-Collusus

Coach-Batman
This is from Wikipedia.
Pym's character, which debuted in a standalone science-fiction anthology story, returned several issues later as the superhero Ant-Man, with the power to shrink to the size of an insect. Pym was later given a crime-fighting partner, Janet van Dyne, the Wasp. The two would fall in love and eventually marry. Pym would later assume other superhero identities, from the size-changing Giant-Man to Goliath, to another insect-themed character, Yellowjacket, and, in early 2009, the Wasp

They are the same person. And I'm pretty sure it's Colossus, not Collusus
Nice roster though

grin.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Pg-Spiderman
Sg- Green Arrow
Sf-Flash
C-Collusus

Coach-Batman
This is from Wikipedia.
Pym's character, which debuted in a standalone science-fiction anthology story, returned several issues later as the superhero Ant-Man, with the power to shrink to the size of an insect. Pym was later given a crime-fighting partner, Janet van Dyne, the Wasp. The two would fall in love and eventually marry. Pym would later assume other superhero identities, from the size-changing Giant-Man to Goliath, to another insect-themed character, Yellowjacket, and, in early 2009, the Wasp
Nice roster though

sorry I can't spell, but making the point, he used the Wasps suit, which is clearly stated there that that is his wife. Do we call Harvey DentBatman? Or do we call James Rhodes Ironman? nope, anyone can edit wikipedia hence why it shouldn't be used as a credible source. Many superhero's havedawned other suits, but they can hardly be called that other hero.

Universe
Ultimate

Real Name
Henry Pym

Aliases
Ant-Man

Identity
Publicly known

Occupation
Research scientist, subversive; formerly superhero, U.S. government super-operative

Citizenship
U.S.A. with criminal record

Place of Birth
Unrevealed

Known Relatives
Janet Pym (estranged wife), Grace (aunt)

Group Affiliation
Formerly Defenders, Ultimates, S.H.I.E.L.D.

Education
Multiple scientific doctorates, including studies at NYU

Height
6' (variable)

Weight
185 lbs. (variable)

Eyes
Blue

Hair
Blond (dyed brown)

Powers
Pym can grow up to sixty feet high and can shrink to the size of an insect. A natural neurological reflex prevents him from growing or shrinking beyond thelimits of his body's endurance. Pym is a cybernetics/robotics genius and a genetics expert. His "Giant-Man" costume's shaded goggles protecthis enlarged eyes from excess sunlight. His "Ant-Man" helmet communicates with and controls ants via pheromone emissions.

First Appearance
Ultimates #2 (2002)

Janet van Dyne was a daughter of a wealthy scientist named Vernon van Dyne. During an experiment, however, an alien monster was unleashed and Dr. van Dyne was killed. Her father's associate,Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym, had created a substance called "Pymparticles", which allowed the user to grow or shrink in size, and had become the superhero Ant-Man; when Janet's father died, she convinced Pym tohelp her, and he gave her a supply of "Pym particles" and subjected her to a procedure which granted her the ability to, upon shrinking, grow wingsand fire blasts of energy, which she called her "wasp's stings". As Ant-Man and The Wasp, they defeated the monster and sent it to its owndimension, and had several more adventures together.

and this is from Marvel.com

1 - Nightcrawler
2 - Deadpool
3 - Doctor Doom
4 - The Hulk
5 - Colossus
$%$@ explaining my list, I don't wanna sound all geeky and +!$$.

grin.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Pg-Spiderman
Sg- Green Arrow
Sf-Flash
C-Collusus

Coach-Batman
This is from Wikipedia.
Nice roster though
sorry I can't spell, but making the point, he used the Wasps suit, which is clearly stated there that that is his wife. Do we call Harvey Dent Batman? Or do we call James Rhodes Ironman? nope, anyone can edit wikipedia hence why it shouldn't be used as a credible source. Many superhero's have dawned other suits, but they can hardly be called that other hero.

Universe
Ultimate

Real Name
Henry Pym

Aliases
Ant-Man

Identity
Publicly known

Occupation
Research scientist, subversive; formerly superhero, U.S. government super-operative

Citizenship
U.S.A. with criminal record

Place of Birth
Unrevealed

Known Relatives
Janet Pym (estranged wife), Grace (aunt)

Group Affiliation
Formerly Defenders, Ultimates, S.H.I.E.L.D.

Education
Multiple scientific doctorates, including studies at NYU

Height
6' (variable)

Weight
185 lbs. (variable)

Eyes
Blue

Hair
Blond (dyed brown)

Powers
Pym can grow up to sixty feet high and can shrink to the size of an insect. A natural neurological reflex prevents him from growing or shrinking beyond the limits of his body's endurance. Pym is a cybernetics/robotics genius and a genetics expert. His "Giant-Man" costume's shaded goggles protect his enlarged eyes from excess sunlight. His "Ant-Man" helmet communicates with and controls ants via pheromone emissions.

First Appearance
Ultimates #2 (2002)

Janet van Dyne was a daughter of a wealthy scientist named Vernon van Dyne. During an experiment, however, an alien monster was unleashed and Dr. van Dyne was killed. Her father's associate, Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym, had created a substance called "Pym particles", which allowed the user to grow or shrink in size, and had become the superhero Ant-Man; when Janet's father died, she convinced Pym to help her, and he gave her a supply of "Pym particles" and subjected her to a procedure which granted her the ability to, upon shrinking, grow wings and fire blasts of energy, which she called her "wasp's stings". As Ant-Man and The Wasp, they defeated the monster and sent it to its own dimension, and had several more adventures together.

and this is from Marvel.com

Yeah you're absolutely right, not saying you're wrong. But you have to agree that "Henry Pym" is also known as the Wasp.Here's something else from Wiki:
The Wasp is a founding member of the Marvel Comics superhero team, The Avengers. The original character to bear that name was Janet van Dyne. Created in 1963 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, she was the love interest of Henry Pym - the hero variously known as Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, and Yellowjacket. After her 2008 death, the grieving Pym adopted "the Wasp" as his own code-name.
So if two articles in Wikipedia claims that Henry Pym, AKA Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, IS also the Wasp, then I think I'm goingto have to trust it. No need to bring other sources in here.

I'm just saying(because I hate quoting a bunch of stuff) nothing on Marvel.com calls Henry Pym "Wasp" thus to me he isn't the wasp. Like theymay make reference to him wearing the suit, but he is never called "wasp" in any marvel document, only on wiki. It's cool "is a rose by anyother name..."

1- Flash. Fast as lighting and good for the steals.

2- Spiderman. If the ball is about to miss he can always use his webs to get it in the hole (pause).

3- Wolverine. All I gotta say
pimp.gif

4- Iron Man. Fast yet built like a tank.

5- Hulk. Dude reminds me of Shaq.

PG- Symbiote Spidey
SG- Silver Surfer
SF- Carnage
PF-Dr. Doom
C-Venom

coach/6th man-Batman

game over.

PG - SPIDERMAN - got handles, can set up anyone, get anywhere he wants on thecourt....
SG - DEADPOOL - 'kobe', hes capable of doing anything....
SF - SUPERMAN - 'lebron', hes a beast, cant be stopped....
PF - COLOSSUS - 'kg', he has heart when he fights plays....
C - HULK - going ben wallace, shorter than other centers, but still a beast....

6th MAN - WOLVERINE - hes a beast off the bench, word tosprewell....

head coach - PROFESSOR X EDIT: he canmake the refs call the game one sided....
happy.gif

assistant - BEAST

pimp.gif

bench - NIGHTCRAWLER, IRONMAN, FLASH
EDIT:
yea, i was bored....so i made this, on PAINT!
laugh.gif

kinda got lazy, so just picture an indoor court in the background....
with deadpool at the freethrow line....

Back
Top Bottom