Swoosh! Inside Nike - Feb. 12th CNBC 10:00 EST

blco02

Banned
Figured you guys would want to see this- sounds like a must watch. Mark your calendars.

Swoosh! Inside Nike will premiere on CNBC on Tuesday, February 12th at 10PM and 1AM ET, pre-empting The Big Idea WithDonny Deutsch. The show repeats on Monday, February 18th at 9PM/12AM ET and Sunday, February 24th at 10PM ET.

Swoosh! Inside Nike

Nike dominates the sporting apparel world through constant innovation, breakthrough advertising and sheer grit. In thisone-hour CNBC special, "Swoosh! Inside Nike," CNBC takes an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how Nike designs, manufactures and markets itssneakers. Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, LeBron James and other superstar/endorsers explain how they helped Nike establish its brand; the man behind Nike'smost famous commercials reveals how founder Phil Knight came to stop hating advertising; and fanatic "sneakerheads" describe how Nike seduces themwith its "hot kicks." CNBC also travels to Vietnam to examine the current state of labor conditions that gave it so much trouble in the '90s.And, in a rare interview, Phil Knight give his version of how Nike has transcended sport to embody its customers aspirations.

WOW!

I can't wait, thanks for the info about the show.

hopefully we get to see some samples
pimp.gif

This is a project I was glad to help out with.

It'll be broken down into several segments. The background of the company, sneaker culture today (us), Jordan XX3 as well as how Nike has tackled sweatshopbattles via Considered.

Should be a great look at the company that CNBC has been working on for months now.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

This is a project I was glad to help out with.

It'll be broken down into several segments. The background of the company, sneaker culture today (us), Jordan XX3 as well as how Nike has tackled sweatshop battles via Considered.

Should be a great look at the company that CNBC has been working on for months now.

so you actually helped with the show?

A lot of the employees helped out, whether it was a minor role or a major contribution. It was either through interviews(both on and off camera), employeeinsights(written and/or verbal), one-on-one consultations, etc. etc.. Should be interesting for everyone.

Hopefully there's a good representation of "Forest Green & Lightning Yellow". ........ *coughs* Nick*coughs*

That is VERY rare for Mr. Knight to do an interview as of late. He's been trying to "step away from the limelight". Guess he loves the companytoo much to stay quiet. Rumor has it he would someday like to be the athletic director for UO. I say he's pretty much there anyway.

Some shots that you might see. I didn't want to take up too much space because I have about 40 other pics.
e24158fef1fc6b5cb9ab2e39868dfc2ff3f64b4.pjpg
e02156f0ffff6c5378e59d7c9cc2fed8d747a9c.pjpg
0ad25e5f62f86fae67556082f6fbcb0a3c1f276.pjpg
05e158fdf7fc665ed69482f48873eac10116520.pjpg
7422585f12f49fb463d5c5fefb5724b22745888.pjpg
08c150fcf2f16154b7d3d8ab09cb4361d1cd217.pjpg
80c35b96f5dbfdadf0df6863575f87543280cac.pjpg
cdf256bf3bfaff166f450cbae89a2fa19367bff.pjpg
120358eff051f04bfc5c6e715edc96e4e057c4c.pjpg

Billy- how did you help out with the show- you're not a Nike employee I don't think, so just curious.

08c150fcf2f16154b7d3d8ab09cb4361d1cd217.pjpg

That doesn't look as good as the shot I took while I was there.

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

But for real I can't wait to see it. Thanks for the heads up.

Rumor has it he would someday like to be the athletic director for UO. I say he's pretty much there anyway.
laugh.gif

That's quite an understatement. Phil has been makin moves on campus since forever.
laugh.gif
He hand-picked Kilkenny in that arranged buy-out and replaced theTrack Coach on his own.

Blco -- They needed a 3rd party view of sneaker culture..."Manufactured rarity" and all that it entails was a point of focus from my end.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

Rumor has it he would someday like to be the athletic director for UO. I say he's pretty much there anyway.
laugh.gif

That's quite an understatement. Phil has been makin moves on campus since forever.
laugh.gif
He hand-picked Kilkenny in that arranged buy-out and replaced the Track Coach on his own.

So the ugly truth comes out haha. I always wondered what "happened" to Moos all of a sudden........???? Mystery solved.

As far as Coach Linanna, that was a no-brainer. Thanks for the insight on all that!

interesting Nike premiere!thanks for the pics!any sample pics of nike employees store?

Originally Posted by rapsa

interesting Nike premiere!thanks for the pics!any sample pics of nike employees store?
If you're asking about the buildings themselves, these are it.

the CES --- Campus Employee Store(located inside the Joan Benoit-Samuelson Building)
f432578f65facfda61c516d62a5c0b7a1c3e5f9.pjpg

and

the BES--- Beaverton Employee Store
eec25f9f17f85f9c6ab55020cceb678e20dbd14.pjpg

It is against company policy to take photos or videotape of the inside of Nike Stores.

He's been trying to "step away from the limelight". Guess he loves the company too much to stay quiet.
Well since he's left we have been seeing some pretty terrible things (fakes on the rise, Cheapened quality on Authentics, less than inspireddesign...)Hopefully he loves the company enough to get back in there eventually and make sure the people he put in charge are truly following maxim #8....

This show would have been a great opportunity to address the whole fake situation...can't wait to see if its mentioned...

Thanks for the info and pics!

Def. going to have to catch this.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Hey Guys.. there's ALOT more to Nike than just a few buildings. From certain Angles its pretty nice on a Sunny Day.
301181316.jpg
301181313.jpg
301181312.jpg
301181308.jpg

And of Course the Inspiration behind it all
301181306.jpg

I only wish EVERY Shoe head could take a field trip out here and experience just walking around for one day.

Wait we're not supposed to? lol one day when we went to the ES, we just stopped by campus and walked around....it was pretty dope!

Back
Top Bottom