T-Mobile Project Dark- $50 Unlimited Everything Plan!? UPDATE: IT'S UP!!! T-Mobile.com!!!

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Project Dark basically screws us existing users on a family plan.

My bill for unlimited everything, including Blackberry Web on 2 lines is $164/month AFTER fees and taxes.....and I'm already out of contract.

So I could pay $140 for the same services and out of contract status, buuuuut I'd have to factor in $1000 for 2 phones should I switch and want to upgrade my devices. That's another $50 per month for the 20 month payment plan deal. So I'd be paying $190/month BEFORE fees and taxes. Not to mention that the corporate discount I currently get wouldn't apply anymore.

Or I could pay $180/month BEFORE fees and taxes for the same services, but be under contract for 2 years.

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

For me and my scenario, this is Project Fail. I'm gonna be super tight if I'm forced to switch to one of these plans when we want to upgrade our phones. If so, we're jumping ship to AT&T (gotta have GSM).

But if you think about the money you are spending on the phones initially and the amount of money you are saving per month, it either gonna be less or aboutthe same amount of money if you are paying MORE per month for service AND you are stuck in a contract. I would do the calculations but I'm at work, butI'm sure it wouldn't be that much of a difference to fret over

And I swear I'm not listening to any NTer that acts like they know everything.

Dude said we would be forced to change our current plans to one of the new ones, which isn't even close to being the truth.

Come to find out that you gotta pay $35 activation fee per line that you want to change to an even more plus plan with no contract instead of the one with thecontract. EDIT***** Now tmo tells me you gotta pay the $200 contract termination fee in addition to the $35 activation fee if you change to the "nocontract" offer......basura!!!!

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Project Dark basically screws us existing users on a family plan.

My bill for unlimited everything, including Blackberry Web on 2 lines is $164/month AFTER fees and taxes.....and I'm already out of contract.

So I could pay $140 for the same services and out of contract status, buuuuut I'd have to factor in $1000 for 2 phones should I switch and want to upgrade my devices. That's another $50 per month for the 20 month payment plan deal. So I'd be paying $190/month BEFORE fees and taxes. Not to mention that the corporate discount I currently get wouldn't apply anymore.

Or I could pay $180/month BEFORE fees and taxes for the same services, but be under contract for 2 years.

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

For me and my scenario, this is Project Fail. I'm gonna be super tight if I'm forced to switch to one of these plans when we want to upgrade our phones. If so, we're jumping ship to AT&T (gotta have GSM).

But if you think about the money you are spending on the phones initially and the amount of money you are saving per month, it either gonna be less or about the same amount of money if you are paying MORE per month for service AND you are stuck in a contract. I would do the calculations but I'm at work, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that much of a difference to fret over

True. That said, I think you forgot that I'm already out of contract. Yeah, if I was a new customer, the no contract option is a no-brainer, IMO. Factorin the retail prices of the phones and it really is too close to call between the contract/no contract options. Pay about the same and be in or out ofcontract? Simple choice for me.

I'm just saying that if I want to upgrade a phone or switch something around like a data plan (my wife currently has a BB but wants the MyTouch 3G),I'm really hoping that they won't force me to switch from my grandfathered plan. I can see that happening in time--why would TMO want to keep aroundthe less profitable plans? Time will tell I guess.

Doesn't help me so I don't see the point in switchin. Especially if what Mister said is right about not bein able to switch back over to a regularplan. I think that this is a great deal for new customers since that's who their initial targets are. We as current customers gotta come to grips that weget %!***#% on once we sign on the dotted line.

I'm currently on my faves 300+ g1 plan for 90 a month after taxes, if I switched to the Even More Plus 500 Talk + Text + Web, will I still have the web onthe g1 or do I need to have the g1 data plan?

Thanks in advance.

The web should be covered under the new plan, I'm not a rep so I can't tell you 100%, but the web should be included, no need for the g1 data plan

I just called them up and switched to the 59.99 plan, she told me its going to take effect on Nov. 11, and i'm going to be charged a 1 time $35 activationfee. I dont mind that, cause the $90 a month i was pay was a bit OD.

i'm thinking about getting this with the iPhone.. Would it be pointless to cop the 3gs over 3g since its not on att?

Anyone using the iPhone with this plan? If so, can you post your monthly bill and what's included? Tired of paying $90 a month with AT&T, if it'scheaper I'm canceling today!

Thanks in advance

if you already own the iphone it should be $80 for everything unlimited (edge, not 3g) under the get more plus plan

So as of right now, I have Unlimited Loyalty for 49.99 and my 34.99 text/blackberry plan and 6.99 insurance. I think I'm going to keep that and enjoysubsidies.

i pay 65 for unlimited minutes, internet and messages. is this a better deal for me? im on iphone...

Originally Posted by socluis90

i pay 65 for unlimited minutes, internet and messages. is this a better deal for me? im on iphone...

How the ****?

i have the exact same, unlimited everything for iphone but pay 83
tired.gif

Originally Posted by retro7sz10

socluis90 wrote:

How the ****?

i have the exact same, unlimited everything for iphone but pay 83
tired.gif

On T-mobile? I need this deal ASAP LOL

These deals arent right IMO

On a family plan now with my mom

paying 89 for unlimted calls
10 for both of us on unlimited text
and 20 for my BB data plan

so 119 total for basically all unlimited on 2 lines

Since her contract is up now and mine in jan, do we just buy retail phones from here on out?

it wouldnt make sense to re-up a new contract because itll be about $40 more for the same thing

i was looking forward to this...sucha a let down. guess ill stick with sprint. cant beat 69 bucks a month

Originally Posted by rillo561

On T-mobile? I need this deal ASAP LOL
yeah man loyalty

49.99 unlimited mins
14.99 unlimited text
5.99 Tzones

tell ya what, i think i learned more about phones in general reading this thread from winmo, sk, bb, iphone jailbreaks, service plans, etc. appreciateeveryone's effort and input. i'm gonna evaluate my at&t plan to ensure i have the best deal. the plan i'm on now, at&t charges $9.99 extraper line so they have my business so far.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

^ that ads to 70+ taxes and fees not 65
well its on family text plan so it's really $25. I only put $10 into it though making it 65 total. i just put 15 cuz that's what it goesfor on a single line.

my plan is 2 iphones unlimited everything for 130 with tax

Back
Top Bottom