Talk to me simple. What is up w/ the Palestinian & Israeli situation?

This is where I disagree with you on. Did you pull that info from Wikipedia? :lol:

So we’re just going to ignore the war that happened 1967?

Honestly dont like wiki either as an actual source :lol:

1967 war repeating is my biggest fear with this whole thing. I'm curious to see if other Muslim nations get involved, would be worst case scenario. No one wants a war coming out of a pandemic, but the longer this crap lasts the more inevitable. I talked to my uncle who was high ranking in the IDF during the early 2000s (now retired) and he said a lot of people are straight up resigning from the IDF last few days. Even Israelis know the bs going on.

Last edited:
Honestly dont like wiki either as an actual source :lol:

1967 war repeating is my biggest fear with this whole thing. I'm curious to see if other Muslim nations get involved, would be worst case scenario. No one wants a war coming out of a pandemic, but the longer this crap lasts the more inevitable. I talked to my uncle who was high ranking in the IDF during the early 2000s (now retired) and he said a lot of people are straight up resigning from the IDF last few days. Even Israelis know the bs going on.
Before the beginning of the latest bombings, Bibi was expected to lose power. From various readings/interviews/articles (my own), it seems that the flag bearers (Likud and the Israeli right-wing) of the Zionist cause (Israel as a Jewish state), are still very much in power. What is the public opinion on Netanyahu right now, and do you anticipate him winning the upcoming elections if they can't form a government?

Fatah and the Israeli Left have been shown to be the only parties in Palestine and in Israel interested in finding a diplomatic solution, but the influence of Fatah has been decreasing (based on published reports), and it has been said that Abbas cancelled elections in the WB because Hamas was projected to win. Do you see the populations of the WB/Gaza strip and Israel moving towards moderate parties if new elections are held in the near future? If that were to happen, is there a chance to see a peaceful solution come out of this?

Finally, the Arab population currently outnumbers the Jewish one. With the two-state solution all but dead, how likely are Israelis to consider a one-state solution (with all that it implies, i.e right of return for Palestinians, equal rights, etc...) where they might end up a demographic minority?

Man, I wish I had an answer. My family there has no answer (mostly split between left and right). My Palestinian friends with family there have no answer.

My aunt gets a bus blown up feet away from her on her way to work. My Palestinian friend's family loses their house to rockets. This is the life they live.

The world doesn't like Jews and the world doesn't like Arabs. Unlike Christians and Catholics, millions of them can't just grab their bags and be accepted in any country. The only solution of splitting the land equally won't ever happen.

Other countries don't want to get involved regardless of their position or opinions on the matter.

On all accounts from both sides, I honestly don't think this will ever end. Too much garbage from the media, too much corruption politically from the Israeli side, too much of a Hamas hold from the Arab side, and too strong of religious hatred from history for there to ever actually be permanent peace.

We're literally brothers killing each other. No one wants violence but history always repeats itself.

Man, I wish I had an answer. My family there has no answer (mostly split between left and right). My Palestinian friends with family there have no answer.

My aunt gets a bus blown up feet away from her on her way to work. My Palestinian friend's family loses their house to rockets. This is the life they live.

The world doesn't like Jews and the world doesn't like Arabs. Unlike Christians and Catholics, millions of them can't just grab their bags and be accepted in any country. The only solution of splitting the land equally won't ever happen.

Other countries don't want to get involved regardless of their position or opinions on the matter.

On all accounts from both sides, I honestly don't think this will ever end. Too much garbage from the media, too much corruption politically from the Israeli side, too much of a Hamas hold from the Arab side, and too strong of religious hatred from history for there to ever actually be permanent peace.

We're literally brothers killing each other. No one wants violence but history always repeats itself.

No countries want to get involved?

What!?

The US has their hands deep in helping Israel.

That iron dome thing and all the weaponry that Israel has... who or how do you think they got it? From us...

Also, with Biden trying to walk the tight line with the Jewish community to win their votes for election the Israeli government is taking advantage of that to further do the things they are doing to those people in Palestine.

After reading up on the history of this feud, seeing video evidence of what's going on, and hearing first hand accounts of people who were there I don't see how anyone can say that Israel is in the right here.

Doesn't matter who is the U.S. president, the U.S will always back Israel. Whether it's Israel's defense system, intelligence, its strategic placement, or Russias involvement in previous wars the U.S will always have its own agenda there.

Good summary of the Six Day War....

Last edited:
I've a question, where could the Jewish people reside, if there were no Israel? Russia, Ukraine, Poland have a certain population iirc.

They left modern day Iraq/Iran after the Mongol invasion, it was heavily populated by Islam after.
They left Russia during the Communist Soviet Union days.
They left Europe after the Holocaust.

With no Israel, only the U.S or Canada really.

No joke. I was watching laker highlights on YouTube and literally saw an ad by the Israeli govt showing the bombs hamas shooting. It was the strangest “ad”

If the US/Europe were really bout it, they'd break off a piece for them.
Possibly. That's why I think of orthodox Jewish communities in NY. Rockland county and Williamsburg. In Bk they have their type of EMS iirc, hatzalah.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.03.27 PM.png

1967 war repeating is my biggest fear with this whole thing. I'm curious to see if other Muslim nations get involved, would be worst case scenario.

doubt it, at least not the neighboring rich gulf states which have stretched themselves thin continuing the famine in yemen while also trying to create subtle ties with israel

maybe some north african countries? but idk

NT really has matured and it’s a beautiful thing.

kudos to those educating outsiders on this topic .

Yo u know whats crazy I clicked in this thread preparing for the first page to be nuts, disagreements, dirty jokes, a soon to be locked thread

I love what it has become, I learned the gist of the conflict thru first couple of posts

Lots of lies being spewed in this thread right now.

Specifically those saying you can be “pro-Israel and still be anti-zionist” when one term literally defines the other (pro-Israel = Zionist)

please be aware of these people attempting to whitewash the atrocities with their logic that ‘splitting land equally won’t ever happen” when literally - that is the only way of achieving peace - otherwise, you’re advocating for a “two state solution” and that’s always been the offer of being oppressed and accepting an apartheid life.

some folks are better off not even joining this thread. The undertones of supporting the current conditions here are pretty obvious, to which ultimately leads to more forced Palestinians expulsion and/or innocent deaths.

Back
Top Bottom