TALL PEOPLE: where can we stand at a concert/show?

So i'm at a show. I'm 6'8". People frequently tap me on the shoulder from behind and ask me to stand behind them so that they can see.

Occasionally, i do move to be polite. 

Tall people: do you move when asked to?

Short people: why do you ask tall people to move?

All opinions welcome.

I don't move if its general admission. first come first serve b. I wouldn't have moved @ Kanye ACL if adriana lima had asked me to
If i paid for my seat then i wont usually stand until the headliners or show up a little later, the hell i want to stand for during keri hilson and young jeezy anyways?

well, the answer to the "why do you ask tall people to move"... usually they are taking up a good portion of your view, and we all assume that you can see regardless of where you stand, so we ask you to move.

I'm 5'7'', and there was a 6'3'' chick in front of me at a concert, and it was annoying, lol.

It is what it is, unfortunately... there isn't a right or wrong way to go about it to please both parties, cause it's not right to make you stand in the back where you cant see anything just cause you are tall.

Originally Posted by villansfinest

So i'm at a show. I'm 6'8". People frequently tap me on the shoulder from behind and ask me to stand behind them so that they can see.

All opinions welcome.
Short people ask u to move cuz they cant see..... 
indifferent.gif

Yo if someone asked me to move I probably wouldn't and I'm not even a confrontational type of guy.
If anyone needs to move it's the short person who ended up behind me. It would be different if I walked right in front of you and stood there.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

All opinions welcome.
Short people ask u to move cuz they cant see..... 
indifferent.gif
Yeah man...just trying to see the show
frown.gif

laugh.gif
what about sitting in class.

I'll sit somewhere else that one time only when they ask, then I'm back to my regular seat the next class
laugh.gif

Faced this problem a few times this year. I try to give them as much window as possible, but when I'm jamming I'm not worrying about anyone around me.

Sorry, you short folks just have to get there early if you want a good view. Or buy stilts.

I figure since short people never have to pass on a shirt/jacket because even the sleeves on an XXL are too short, them having to stand behind me makes us even.

Get your genetically inferior self to the back b.

Seriously though, I’ve never had to ask anyone to move. My boy is 6’7" and I always wonder how people feel behind him.

Follow up question:

People of average height: how would you feel if a person much shorter than you asked you to move because they couldn't see? Let's say you're 5'10" and somebody 4'9" taps you on the shoulder and asks you to move so that they can see better... Thoughts?

I can't even express how I feel when i'm jamming and look down and realize i almost accidentally crushed a 4'9" girl without even knowing it...

I always look behind me and make sure I'm not blocking anyone. Sorry short people.

That's funny people actually ask you to move..smh I'd just ask you to hold me up on your shoulders.

Follow up question:

People of average height: how would you feel if person much shorter than you asked you to move because they couldn't see? Let's say you're 5'10" and somebody 4'9" taps you on the shoulder and asks you to move so that they can see better... Thoughts?

I can't even express how I feel when i'm jamming and look down and realize i almost accidentally crushed a 4'9" girl without even knowing it...
I wouldn't move. They just need to deal with. Like someone else said, they should have gotten there earlier. 

I stay in front but I always feel bad about it, some rly short girl tried to get me to carry her on my shoulder during a wu tang concert

Ya, general admission, they are free to walk a few feet over to the side or stand somewhere else. If your taller than most people, you will always be blocking someone. Theres no reason you should have to be further from the stage just cuz you are taller.

I'm about 6'11'', went to a lupe concert last week stood front row. had ice thrown at me. idgaf, come earlier

^

I'm not a man watcher, but your almost 6'11 with a size 14 or I should mind my business ??

Back
Top Bottom