Tax Return Season Appreciation! Vol. 6k :eek

my sister got 6k on her tax return last year and gave a stack for no reason. i hope the same happens this year!
anybody's parents out there get extra jolly && happy around jan-april? income tax season is like the second coming of christmas for most blackpeople!

pimp.gif

so many things wrong with the reasons why you appreciate tax season. what about your tax return? vol. $248

I don't understand why you should be happy? It's your money and if you're getting a fat refund, you obviously paid in too much during the year. Iwould be pissed actually. Here I am lending the govt my money for an entire year and I get it back with ZERO interest.

And how many of these people actually bothered to look at their returns to see if it was done properly?

You talking about the same sister that's putting a roof over your bummy head for no charge?

Please tell me you gave the money back to her.

Originally Posted by jtc85

so many things wrong with the reasons why you appreciate tax season. what about your tax return? vol. $248

my tax return gone be 00000 cause i aint had a job since 08'.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

my sister got 6k on her tax return last year and gave a stack for no reason. i hope the same happens this year!
anybody's parents out there get extra jolly && happy around jan-april? income tax season is like the second coming of christmas for most black people!

pimp.gif
Your sister must have a very limited knowlege of how taxes and tax returns work. That ain't "free" money. That is HER money thatthe gov't been borrowing interest free for the last year. Unless I am outright cheatin on my taxes, I don't want to see a huge tax return when I file. That just means I been gettin robbed all year long. Hell I might as well park that in an ING account and make my 1% interest rather than let the gov'tkeep it for no interest.

this'll be the first year i actually get a decent one, it's gonna take all my will power not to spend it stupidly

Originally Posted by biggatree

You talking about the same sister that's putting a roof over your bummy head for no charge?

Please tell me you gave the money back to her.

nope thats my oldest sister who is an accountant! and she makes 150k+ a year.
i have another sister who has 4 kids and a ok job at republican waste. 60k a year and somehow she gets over 5k back a year in refunds. last year she made 6kand gave me a thousand dollars, so im hoping for the same this year. and its not just her, my fam always spread love around this time.

and please tell me how im bummy for staying with my sister who has damn near taken care of me all my life because my father and mother wasnt there? bro imafreshman in college barely 18 with no job, how would you expect me to pay rent somewhere? sell dope? %$@%!
laugh.gif

lol my dude thats her money i remember when i was 16 i thought i was doing it getting a return...now i have the cpa cat jus make sure I get little to nothingback

laugh.gif
You're saying it like you're proud about it. You need to grow up..
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

laugh.gif
You're saying it like you're proud about it. You need to grow up..
indifferent.gif

c'mon bro yall boyz is a little bit too sensitive sheesh! i aint had a job in a minute and its my fault because it seems like i cant get a job due to thetheft offense now on my record. nobody wants to hire a theif!
frown.gif
andwhats sad im not a thief...but in 2010 i will get on my grind 10x harder and strive to get one!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm waiting for the money the gov held for me, yes.
Basically. It helps for the people that blow money like its going out of style. Now granted, most likely they'll blow straight through thereturn as well. But it does help people behind on bills, making a large purchase, so on and so forth. As for myself, my commission checks get cut in halfbecause of taxes, but the taxes taken away from my salary I have no clue what I would have spent that on. Getting all/most/some of it back at one time helpsme save. Every year I put most of it away and maybe treat myself to something.

I like having that big chunk of cushion in my bank after the holidays, I can relax, and maybe take a vacation.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Basically. It helps for the people that blow money like its going out of style. Now granted, most likely they'll blow straight through the return as well. But it does help people behind on bills, making a large purchase, so on and so forth. As for myself, my commission checks get cut in half because of taxes, but the taxes taken away from my salary I have no clue what I would have spent that on. Getting all/most/some of it back at one time helps me save. Every year I put most of it away and maybe treat myself to something.

Why not just set up an online savings account every month and set up an automatic transfer the same time each month? My paychecks get direct deposited once amonth on the 15th and I have an auto-draw setup to hit on the 20th of each month. I never see the money so I never miss it, and my savings account can accruethe paltry 1.2% interest or whatever, but hell... its better than the gov't taking my money and using it interest free. You dont even have to log-in or doanything once its setup. Runs automatically until you change things up.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Mr718

Basically. It helps for the people that blow money like its going out of style. Now granted, most likely they'll blow straight through the return as well. But it does help people behind on bills, making a large purchase, so on and so forth. As for myself, my commission checks get cut in half because of taxes, but the taxes taken away from my salary I have no clue what I would have spent that on. Getting all/most/some of it back at one time helps me save. Every year I put most of it away and maybe treat myself to something.

Why not just set up an online savings account every month and set up an automatic transfer the same time each month? My paychecks get direct deposited once a month on the 15th and I have an auto-draw setup to hit on the 20th of each month. I never see the money so I never miss it, and my savings account can accrue the paltry 1.2% interest or whatever, but hell... its better than the gov't taking my money and using it interest free. You dont even have to log-in or do anything once its setup. Runs automatically until you change things up.
I do have something similar but the point I was trying to make is, I'm grateful to get it back. Unlike money thats taxed when we makepurchases. I paid almost $3k in taxes on my last car alone. Interest or no interest, Id like to see that money again.

But you dont really know how much money youre giving to the GOV at the time, so you really dont miss it or think about it... so getting that much back at theend of the year feels good, cuz it just feels extra

OP straight leeching off his family smh.

On another note, I'm looking forward to tax season this year because my wife and I bought our first home this year . . . looking forward to that $8kcredit. We're gonna finish paying off our kitchen appliances (house was really outdated when we bought it - had the original 1960 kitchen) before theno-interest period expires, maybe put in a modest terrace/deck in the back yard, and put the rest away.

you aint lying bro
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this year the GOVERMENT
wink.gif
took nearly $600 every pay check, thats $3,000 per month and thats $36,000 peryear... to make my point last year they took away like $28,000 i got like $7,000 back, hopefully this up coming season OBAMA gives back a bunch of mymoney..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hannh209

you aint lying bro
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this year the GOVERMENT
wink.gif
took nearly $600 every pay check, thats $3,000 per month and thats $36,000 per year... to make my point last year they took away like $28,000 i got like $7,000 back, hopefully this up coming season OBAMA gives back a bunch of my money..
pimp.gif
I need his job.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

But you dont really know how much money youre giving to the GOV at the time, so you really dont miss it or think about it... so getting that much back at the end of the year feels good, cuz it just feels extra
Then why not flip the tables. Take more withholdings and keep as much of that money as you can. Put away X amount each month to a savingsaccount or CD that you will have access to before taxes are due. Since you withheld so much, you will owe taxes so you pay it with the money you saved (andaccrued interest on). In effect, you are then turning the tables and "borrowing" from the govt interest free

i really need to learn this %+*$%%+ tax system. how can i maximize my return? its too late to add withholds now for 09.

Back
Top Bottom