TAY: IT'S A MAN THING GINA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you had one roommate and he brought up his gf moving in the apartment? What would you do?

Alright guys I have a situation . A month ago I met this girl off tinder we hit it off she tells me she is a virgin and I say alright cool . Fast forward a week later I take her virginity ( she bled a lot )things are good we go on a couple dates . But I don't know she just doesn't do it for me she is a little awkward and her conversation skills aren't the best . Any way to drop her without hurting her . I feel like since I took her virginity I owe her more . Thanks

How old is she?

What if you had one roommate and he brought up his gf moving in the apartment? What would you do?
Im not for a roommate gf staying in the apartment since its starts to get crowded after awhile. 

But dude does pay rent there...

Ive had 2 good friends stop talking to each other because one let their bf stay with them. Ninja wasnt contributing nothing.

Whether the 2nd roommate pays half or not. If im now in an apartment with 3 people i should be paying 3 ways. Thats only fair.

Last edited:
Serious question, I've always been curious.
How do you guys do the roommate thing.
I have supported myself since 19, had to work two jobs to get through school but even though i had some stressful times financially, I just couldn't do the roommate thing. I've heard horror stories, so that always made me timid on ruining relationships. Plus how do you deal with yambs coming through?
I think if someone wants to move a girl in, ideally the bills/responsibilities should be split in thirds and contracts should be drawn up. Even though they are your homies/day ones, I've seen money ruin many a relationships. Sometimes it's harder to deal with business and money when it comes to love ones. I would definitely set boundaries and truly talk the arrangement out.
And I don't want to hear that slander about Cancers[emoji]128512[/emoji]
Your arms are too short to box with GAWD..
Believe Dat..

Last edited:
**** cancers
menace-2-society-o.gif

Cancers FTW
We be in tune with the females, pa

To get back on topic, eating some good box is appreciated. Some thick box too, lips looking like a iced honey bun. 50% of the enjoyment is her reaction, the other 50% is working that tongue and going in. Let her rub her fingers through ya hair and massage us scalp while you do it.

Serious question, I've always been curious.
How do you guys do the roommate thing.
I have supported myself since 19, had to work two jobs to get through school but even though i had some stressful times financially, I just couldn't do the roommate thing. I've heard horror stories, so that always made me timid on ruining relationships. Plus how do you deal with yambs coming through?
I think if someone wants to move a girl in, ideally the bills/responsibilities should be split in thirds and contracts should be drawn up. Even though they are your homies/day ones, I've seen money ruin many a relationships. Sometimes it's harder to deal with business and money when it comes to love ones. I would definitely set boundaries and truly talk the arrangement out.
And I don't want to hear that slander about Cancers[emoji]128512[/emoji]
Your arms are too short to box with GAWD..
Believe Dat..

I had known my roommate for 8 years before we started living together so that helped.

Yambs were never an issue. Both of us are pretty busy so many times the other roommate wasnt even around. If we needed to use the living room for yamb related activities we would give the heads up but that was rare. Usually just went straight to the bedroom so the roommate thing wasn't much of an issue

My old roommate let my ex-gf stay with me for a month before she found a place to live on her own with no additional cost to me. But this seems permanent...

My current roommate told me last night he talked about his gf moving in. She'd be moving from NY. Doesn't currently have a job down here. He says it doesn't seem fair to split rent evenly but she would definitely contribute like all the gas/sewage/cable/utilities. I was just like whatever that's cool we can talk about it more later because I was kind of faded last night.

But I'm thinking about it this morning all of that stuff is probably slightly over $300. So I'd only be saving like $150/month to have another person living in the apartment. My apartment is not huge either. So I'm not really cool with it.

I don't think it's fair either to charge everyone evenly since they would be splitting a bedroom. So this is what I think I'll propose.

My basic rent right now is $2,230. I feel like at least she should pick up $230 + utlitles. Leave my roommate and I with a flat $1,000 a month.

That seems fair right?

Edit: Also have no problems at all living with my current roommate and he's gone probably half the weekends.

Last edited:
I'm sorry yall are cool....
but idk it just still dont sit right,
maybe 3 ways is too much for someone without a job. I would let her get that first month free, thats on him. but yea a flat 1000 would help you both .. i mean thats gas money go out money bill money.

I kinda feel like she should be paying for that utlities Plus groceries. my fridge should always be stocked and place should be clean (while she isn't working)

My old roommate let my ex-gf stay with me for a month before she found a place to live on her own with no additional cost to me. But this seems permanent...

My current roommate told me last night he talked about his gf moving in. She'd be moving from NY. Doesn't currently have a job down here. He says it doesn't seem fair to split rent evenly but she would definitely contribute like all the gas/sewage/cable/utilities. I was just like whatever that's cool we can talk about it more later because I was kind of faded last night.

But I'm thinking about it this morning all of that stuff is probably slightly over $300. So I'd only be saving like $150/month to have another person living in the apartment. My apartment is not huge either. So I'm not really cool with it.

I don't think it's fair either to charge everyone evenly since they would be splitting a bedroom. So this is what I think I'll propose.

My basic rent right now is $2,230. I feel like at least she should pick up $230 + utlitles. Leave my roommate and I with a flat $1,000 a month.

That seems fair right?

Edit: Also have no problems at all living with my current roommate and he's gone probably half the weekends.

You need to take your roommate out of the equation and just worry about yourself. At this point they're most likely splitting everything or he's going to be paying for her stuff. So worrying about what's fair for you and him is off. It's now you + them. So just worry about lowering your rent to the point where you won't complain about a third person living with you.

Also expecting a roommate to be your maid and keep the fridge stocked is a wild wild idea to me. Not sure how someone could even propose that without sounding crazy.

Not a roomate til she can pay rent imo
100 for groceries and some cleaning isnt much to ask for if no real money is floating in from the 3rd party

I don't know but I think I would get annoyed if the third person didn't contribute in some form or fashion. Eventually somebody is going to feel some type of way, it's inevitable.
Plus you have to see how his girl is.
Is she a cool, laid back chick that isn't on her princess ish?
Or does she put batteries in his back or thoughts in his head?
Three people in one house is going to be hard but just flesh it out the best you can but don't be afraid to communicate and place boundaries.
Hope it works though[emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji]️

Not a roomate til she can pay rent imo
100 for groceries and some cleaning isnt much to ask for if no real money is floating in from the 3rd party

I would personally let them figure out how to split the extra money. As long as rent was lower for me. Like if he wants to pay an extra 500 and let his GF live for free - that's his problem, you know? Just IMO. Not making a mess and not raising the fridge should be implied for a roommate

I would personally let them figure out how to split the extra money. As long as rent was lower for me. Like if he wants to pay an extra 500 and let his GF live for free - that's his problem, you know? Just IMO. Not making a mess and not raising the fridge should be implied for a roommate

no disrespect to the girl

but she wont have a job initially, and who knows if she has any money to really contribute at all.

again it's only fair Henny pays a little less than what he's paying unless he brings his girl there also..

subtracting 4-500 is fair imo.
but until then she needs to earn her keep. (whether it was a male or female both need to)
I don't mean it disrespectfully like a woman needs to clean blah blah insert masochist sexist comment.

I'm just saying if someone else is moving in there full time. (not just a week or 2 thing)
They need to pull their weight.

For me, it's always depended on how the girl acted in the house/apartment.

- My roommate in college typically stayed over at his girlfriend's house at least half the time. The 50% of the time she was at our place, they would stay in my roommate's room, she cleaned up any mess they made and it didn't really bother me. I had no problems keeping the same rent arrangements as her presence didn't impact me at all (rent was all-inclusive, so there was no change in electricity/water).
- My now sister-in-law stayed at the place I shared with my brother 99% of the time. She cooked for us, cleaned the dishes, cleaned the apartment (she even cleaned my room and bathroom several times...and she always asked if I was cool with her going in my room to clean up first), offered to change the channel if I sat down in the living room, brought drinks on the weekend, etc. If she used something she knew I purchased for one of their dinners, she would replace it within a few days. If I was on the road for work during the week she would always have a cold beer ready for me when I got home on Thursday nights. Again, I had no problems keeping the previous arrangements, including splitting water and electricity 50/50 since she did so much other stuff around the apartment.
- My previous roommate had a girlfriend that didn't work (she was in school), didn't offer any help around the apartment, and was always just kind of "there" occupying the common space. I let my roommate know that I wasn't really down with that and that she was affecting my time at the apartment. She was gone within about two weeks.

I have so much more freedom now that I live by myself, but the whole "girl moving in with roommate" thing shouldn't be a big deal if you set the boundaries early...even if that means telling your roommate you want to discuss everything in a few weeks after you see how the dynamic in the apartment changes once the girl moves in.

Last edited:
The first scenario is cool bc she wasn't there all the time and actually had her own place to go.

The second one is understandable as you were living with family and the chick was dope enough to become family.

I'm not letting my non family member move some girl in. She can stay temporarily but if he wants to support her we'd be breaking lease

I'm not letting my non family member move some girl in. She can stay temporarily but if he wants to support her we'd be breaking lease
I'm open to giving it a try, but I'm much less lenient to ******** if she starts acting up or doesn't carry her weight/offer something to the apartment. It would probably be different for me in a different work situation, but I'm currently only home Thursday night - Sunday afternoon most weeks, so I didn't really have to deal with it too much. Third girl was impacting the short amount of time I had at home on the weekends, so I told my roommate things had to change and he ended up dropping her.

I've been living by myself for about 6 weeks now, and I totally get your POV, though. It's really nice knowing what you're going home to and not having to involuntarily deal with somebody else and any problems they may bring.

Last edited:
Hit up a cheap club yesterday, bagged two white chicks but didn't not bag the baddest black chick there. I set myself up, by talking to the group she was with but did not pull the trigger [emoji]128528[/emoji]. Heard she works at hooters so I'm def gonna try to redeem myself cause I felt like she was peeping me a lil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom