Taylor Kitsch taking some serious L's in 2012

I feel bad for the dude; being touted as the next A list actor
John Carter was an epic flop

Battleship had the worst $200 million budgeted opening ever

Savages only made $16 million opening weekend which was well under studio expectations 

RIP career

whos touting him as the next a lister?

i didnt watch any of the movies above but still couldve told you they'd flop

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

whos touting him as the next a lister?

i didnt watch any of the movies above but still couldve told you they'd flop
Hollywood executives.

Yeah, but he can bounce back from it. It's not like he was completely making awful decisions to be honest with you. Anyone would jump at the chance to work with Oliver Stone or even be part of a franchise.

Personally, I think Disney really dropped the ball with John Carter. As good as it could have been, spending 250 million on the first film of a basically unknown character was completely stupidity on there part.

The guy looks dirty, not many people think he's the next A-list actor at this point.  He just needs to accept better roles in the future.  A lot of actors have blockbuster flops.

taylor-kitsch-friday-night-lights1.jpg

Savages at least got decent reviews, I want to see it. The only bad decision he should have known about of the 3 movies was battleship, I am pretty sure he did that out of loyalty to Peter Berg. But like someone said, you cant fault him for accepting the role of a big Disney movie like John Carter. Hopefully he makes some good decisions for his next movies, Friday Night Lights was a great show, and he was good in it.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Maybe the big screen is just too big for him. He should stick to TV roles
i agree...transition from tv to big screen apparently isnt that simple

Dude should just be a typecast. He's not a leading man, IMO. Doesn't really act (even as Riggins, who I think is awesome). Just sort of grunts and looks pretty for the females.

all the movies were marketed terribly

savages with a better trailer would make me want to watch

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Never heard of him.
This but due to the movies you mentioned I'm getting an idea of what he looks like.

This could have been his big breakout year, at least as an action star. He's shown great dramatic skills from Friday Night Lights, but I wonder if that was more him being perfect for the role than overall talent.

John Carter was not a bad movie
Battleship did great overseas

Savages was not that bad 

Riggs will be find 
pimp.gif

its not like hes hayden christenson and actively makes movies bad. John Carter wasnt that bad, I actually liked it. It wasnt marketed correctly.

This has funny timing, seeing how I just decided to go back and watch some episodes of Entourage.

Back
Top Bottom