TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

^^^ Very nice 15carmelo23! now i'm going to pm you my address so you can go ahead and send those bad boys out lol!

sweet mercy the 2nd sighting of that carolina / obsidian shoe. so nice!

You guys ever regret breaking up with someone special? Its the same way I feel every time I look at this shoe that I sold. *wallows in misery like a sad pigin mud* Word on the streets there's a pink version of this, anyone ever seen it?

n738900192_782823_9578.jpg

to ILoveAf1, I only have one AF1.

i just cant understand how that shoe has anything to do with black history... is there something on the shoe that i am missing? to me, it just looks like anugly mess of circles and random lines and squiggles...

i must say though, the midsole/sole color combo, along with the yellow "AIR" works well together. but the rest ruins the shoe.

hey zhi - what is the colorway of those blue canvas? my pair didn't come with a box. on a side note - who was the baller that snagged these? with bid service fees, it comes out to a pretty penny. very, very nice pair though. also,imma go skydiving this weekend so if i die, all my size 9's and 9.5's will go to tyler and my 8.5's will go to phattyboy.

Very nice heaven blue canvases Zhi I think those are very underrated. A pink version doesn't exist though, the only pair of pink canvases that released arethe women's with the white patent swoosh.

Great stuff Matt and 15carmelo23.

That auction surprised me to be honest Kev, the starting bid must have been over $650 which is slightly crazy I'm guessing it will cost the buyer close to$800 in all with shipping and bidding fees.

sorry no grey suedes. Everytime they come up they're usually in tatters.

Kev, colorway is called

Green / With / Envy.

You lucky bastard.

looks like heaven blue / light blue.
Did you soles turn green yet? I think they look cool that way.

p.s. Juno owes me lunch. And by lunch I mean whatever the emperor of Japan has for a meal and it had better include some massaged cow. Someone busted out anuclear bid for those. YIKES!

p.s. what's the best steak in the 808?

quick question: Does not being associated with an af1 factor into your purchase? For example, those Black History's up there, do the non-black people herefeel disinclined to buy them, or do you guys just buy purely on style? I remember first seeing the AF1 Phillipines on Fabulous (the rapper) and thinking thathe was part Filipino.

Personally I tried to collect all the zodiac ones (Year of the Goats were my first AF1) b/c I could actually relate to them somewhat, but never really got intothe Puerto Ricos or the West Indies simply because I had no connection with those locations, though personally I thought the Green West Indies were really niceat that time.

Of course not every shoe has some meaning attached to them, but for the ones that do, I was just wondering what you guys thought about when purchasing.

yes my outsoles have a greenish tinge. thanks for the colorway info paul and zhi.

aside from the pulehu style straight off the kiawe grill at the beach, best steak in hawaii is probably ruth's chris or hy's (morton's sucks). vealchop at ruth's chris is better than the steak imo. the hida wagyu at ukai toriyama was better than both of those though.

edit - i have no beef (unintentional pun) with people who wear forces that rep something the person is not affiliated with; however, i would feel weird wearingsome pr or black history forces. my discomfort is very irrational though - i wear hats with NY on them and i wear laker forces and i'm not tryna rep thesport teams - i just like the colors, the citys and the logos.

i'm with you zhi - i wouldn't buy PR's or west indie's because i have no connection with either of those places. that's why i try to keepit vintage - no associations necessary.

i do, however, own a pair of black history month af1's that have the red black and green flag on the heel... i basically had to buy them because i got sucha good deal, and because of how rare they are... however, i think it would look silly for a white boy like me to wear shoes with an african flag on them. notto mention that i don't think i would feel right rocking them. that being said - i love the shoe, and i will keep it on ice for collection purposes untilsomeone wants to take them off my hands.

i've seen pictures of JB wearing the exact same af1's that i just described (he is the only other one i know of that has a pair of these), but from thepics, it looks like JB at least has some color, haha. i know it shouldn't be a racial thing, but it just seems like it would be a strange boundary tocross. i already turn tons of heads on the oklahoma university campus when i wear vintage forces (mostly from african americans, because they are more aware ofthe sneaker culture), and i can only imagine what would happen if they saw me trying to represent africa...

Originally Posted by eruditemode

quick question: Does not being associated with an af1 factor into your purchase? For example, those Black History's up there, do the non-black people here feel disinclined to buy them, or do you guys just buy purely on style? I remember first seeing the AF1 Phillipines on Fabulous (the rapper) and thinking that he was part Filipino.

Personally I tried to collect all the zodiac ones (Year of the Goats were my first AF1) b/c I could actually relate to them somewhat, but never really got into the Puerto Ricos or the West Indies simply because I had no connection with those locations, though personally I thought the Green West Indies were really nice at that time.

Of course not every shoe has some meaning attached to them, but for the ones that do, I was just wondering what you guys thought about when purchasing.

Don't own any at the moment but I would like to cop some Puerto Rico forces along with West Indies.. aswell as the Filipino forces. I don't haveany ties to these shoes , but some of the colorways are too nice to pass up
Im Mexican so I love wearing the 06 World Cup Mexico, and the Cartoon Cinco de Mayo
pimp.gif

.. no more Brown Prides though.. sold em
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Idolkicks

Nice stuff everyone! These just came today...

Linens DS, HK VNDS for $600 shipped.

Thanks,
Johnny Y

nice...i kinda like these HKs everyone keeps posting....maybe my size will pop up one day!

what's the deal with the little swoosh within the swoosh on those linens? special edition?

Zhi, to answer your question:

I don't own any Puerto Ricos, West Indies, etc. I liked the Puerto Ricos when they released, but always felt strange about buying them since I'm notPuerto Rican. I don't think there is anything wrong, however, with buying a pair of sneakers that represents a different culture, country or city thanyou're from.

With that said, I have the Korea 2002s (though I'm not Korean) and the first LAs even though I'm from NYC (but I love purple and I'm also a closetLaker fan).

I also love all NYC editions (obviously).

Zhi - Along with some of the other members in here, I feel awkward wearing sneakers thatrepresent something that completely has nothing to do with me. I almost bought the Philippine AF1's though. Reason being is my g/f is 100% Filipino andshe wanted to see me representing her country. I told her, "Mahal kita baby, but I ain't no putang ina(she taught me that)." Anyway, Idon't see anything wrong if someone wants to sport a pair of Puerto Rico's and they're Polish. If you like the sneakers, then that's enoughfor me. Someone hit me up when Nike decides to do a Lebanese AF1. Althought I will say not too long ago, I thought I'd never see a Lebanese Nike period,but they did put out a SB Blazer recently, so there might be hope. I happen to think they're the bomb(no pun intended) myself, but I am slightly biasedconsidering I'm half Lebanese.

Kev - People's Champ and I could just flip for the size 9's, word to Shu-gar. Speaking of him, where are you going to go sky diving? I'll hirehim to come "watch" and make sure things go smooth.
nerd.gif

Melo - Amazing stuff man.
smokin.gif

Far as owning the Black History Month AF1's.

I'm white as you get and it never has crossed my mind that I can't or won't purchase an AF1 based on the color of my skin or the background of ashoe. This goes for any type of clothing or shoes.

Maybe this isn't the best comparison but I'm sure 90% of the people in this thread have some piece of Polo or Gucci clothing or have worn it at somepoint in there life and aren't white.

If you are holding out on buying something based on it "Supposed" target market and background you got some issues.

Do you not buy SUPREME cause it's a skate brand?

Should I not own VIBE Awards AF1's cause I'm not black and don't rap?

I think that's problem with a big part of people these days they worry about the reaction and opinions of others. Do you, who care's at the nextman's opinion.

That said I have never worn FUBU or one of those Malcolm X hat's from the 90's.

Originally Posted by MFPearson

Originally Posted by meth68

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

smh.gif
Linens

I need a pair in my life but not for rape prices.

I agree I have 3 pair of the linen tan/blue but I would love a pair of those tan/pink what do they run?

all you had to do was scroll up like 4 posts instead of killing the thread with this repetitive question

Relax...maybe those replies were posted as I was making my post because I did not see them. Carry on..

^ well, those replies were made yesterday... so unless it took you over a day to make your post, you're going to have to try again.

me, if the colorway is hot and the materials used are on point...Im coppin

laugh.gif
@ Tyler...ya girl teaching u the right stuff!

thanks for the reply Zhi...my quest for 98 Zen suedes continue

few days ago

Back
Top Bottom