TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Glad to hear it, Red.

IMO, this is one of the best threads on NT (of course, I'm biased). But, the most true love is shown when it's not en vogue to do so. So, the fact that so many of the regulars on this thread maintain their love of AF1s when they're not "hot" shows that those people are in this hobby for the right reasons and not fair-weather sneakerheads.

Not everybody on NT needs to be down with our steez, but real recognize real. And, the people who just summarily dismiss a classic Nike shoe like the AF1 because it's not "hot" at the moment expose themselves. You don't have to love the AF1, but if you claim to be a par t of the sneaker culture, you must respect it. Those who are in this for true reasons recognize passion when it's displayed, regardless of the make/model for which it is shown. Your acknowledgement of this reinforces the fact that you are one of the "good guys."

Hope that made sense, I'm completely blasted and need to get some sleep soon.

completely agree BIP, i will be one of those guys at 40+yrs old still buying af1s

i love this sneaker culture and allot of diff models of sneakers, but nothing comes close to the AF1 in my eyes

also to anyone wondering about the mysterious team af1 page that cant be found on FB, its invite only so PM me if you want to join

Last edited:
Glad to hear it, Red.

IMO, this is one of the best threads on NT (of course, I'm biased). But, the most true love is shown when it's not en vogue to do so. So, the fact that so many of the regulars on this thread maintain their love of AF1s when they're not "hot" shows that those people are in this hobby for the right reasons and not fair-weather sneakerheads.

Not everybody on NT needs to be down with our steez, but real recognize real. And, the people who just summarily dismiss a classic Nike shoe like the AF1 because it's not "hot" at the moment expose themselves. You don't have to love the AF1, but if you claim to be a par t of the sneaker culture, you must respect it. Those who are in this for true reasons recognize passion when it's displayed, regardless of the make/model for which it is shown. Your acknowledgement of this reinforces the fact that you are one of the "good guys."

I understand completely. It's funny because what really turned me off to AF1 was a combination of the Nelly movement, the subsequent flooding of the market, and the decline in quality. I just wish I would have kept the ones that I had. The only pair I have left from that era are some White/Carolina Sheed Hi's. But looking back, I had a lot of great pairs that I have regretted getting rid of for the last 4-5 years. The Jordan's that I got rid of I don't miss at all and the Air Maxes only minimally, but the AF1...

sneaker convention was geared towards the younger hypies... tables with nothing but general releases :/

The last one in April was sick but this one just didn't carry nearly as much heat and damn near nothin AF1 wise.  Did get to see a buddy put his Dover Street Mkts under a faucet then feel them dry to the touch after which was pretty crazy. 

Which begs the question... how the hell do you clean them when they eventually get dirty if you can't get 'em wet? o_O  Either way I'm not droppin the kind of cash they're lookin for.  So blah, least I unloaded my VNDS concords (yellowed before i'd taken 'em outta the box, was so happy to get rid of 'em...)

I always found it so funny that people frontin bein hard would then have all these weird rules and standards like rocking your kicks a certain way or only rocking jays or whatever.  I get whatever the hell i want when I want it... pretty simple.  Kinda like the whole foolishness if somebody shakes his head cuz you took the sticker off your fitted... You know real thugs don't adhere to these sorts of arbitrary rules right? smh

Was really hoping I'd find some restoration project beaters or some pre04 gums but oh well.  Least my budget got a bump n I can keep my eye out.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it, Red.

This is the first comment I've ever "repped".

I've seen a lot of cats go from here, to the AirMax thread, to the Dressing Better thread. Just going the way the wind blows.

Copping all the "heat" of a respective sneaker line and posting like crazy only when that sneaker line is "hot".

We're talking about sneaker models that may not be "hot", but are certainly still relevant today. 20-30 years after their original release.

So many people get caught up in trends, that they can't comprehend timelessness. AF1, Dunks, multiple Air Max=timeless.

As you said, real recognize real.

Thanks, Phil. I'm honored. :tongue:

And, all it took to get that comment was 7 or 8 Sierra Nevadas and about 5 servings of some homemade Ethiopian-spiced vodka - my boy's wife said she never saw an American drink more than one glass of it. :x

Seriously though, I think a bunch of us have pretty varied stashes. But, it's easy to recognize the difference between trend-hopping and being eclectic.

...Couple of New Belgium "Fat Tires" serving the role of hair of the dog tonight.

finally brought myself to wear these haha one of my favorites

Here are the cousin's to Matt's amazing pick-up from a while back. Brought the uppoers back to life. Awaiting the restoremysneakers kid to get back me about some "sauce" to see if I can work some magic on the soles.

dope pair bip.. I was lucky enough to get a DS pair from shawn

sexy

Last edited:
whats going on everyone I need to make room some room in my closets so im getting rid of about 9 pairs of forces between 8.5-9.5, I just listed them in the buy/sell forum but its gonna take some time to show up....If any of you guys are interested inbox me, I set all pairs at $100

if only you were selling 10.5s, but then they would pralli be gone before i had a chance. peace on the fair pricing.

Last edited:
Funny quote from one of my favorite fighters, Jorge Masvidal.

Came up doing street fights in Miami (some on YouTube) much like Kimbo Slice. Had some great fights in Strikeforce (#2 MMA Promotion after the UFC, but owned by the UFC). Talking about how he hasn't been getting many fights but has 2 daughters he needs to feed....

“Check me out on YouTube. Keep your eyes posted, I’m about to do a street fight,” said Masvidal. “A couple hundred dollars and I’ll be right back in the street with some Air Force 1′s still whooping some ***, I’m telling you. I’m like three days away from it.”

I chuckled.

Last edited:
posted it it on the last thread.. but a rapper from out my way mentioned "lemon twist" ina song. not sure if he meant AF1's or just used it as a color.. but lets say its about AF1's ha.

"call my wife i need a thousand, im searchin for them lemon twist special edition kicks i found um. flip um come around with um. everybody hounded um. they neva seen um in real life. i live a real life. we fitted" - Husalah "Gear"

Back
Top Bottom