TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

grabbed these for $37..

adc5d1cc088411e2a1fa22000a1c8697_7.jpg

BIP- I don't do too much outside of home and work, so I dont' really get the opportunity to wear my "good" kicks. Most of the time I'm wearing Red Wing loggers for work, barefoot @ home, and beaters to do errands. Kinda sucks because I spent forever trying to find stuff like Atmos which I had even doubled up on, only to let them sit in the closet for like 2 yrs or whatever. No sense in breaking them out just to go to Wal Mart, lol. At the same time I felt like I could live without some pairs and put that money to better use.

Jae-thanks, all is well. I'm down to the absolute minimum favorites but I'm still ready to go all in if I could come across a pair of obsidian/white highs...the ones that got away, smh

BIP- I don't do too much outside of home and work, so I dont' really get the opportunity to wear my "good" kicks. Most of the time I'm wearing Red Wing loggers for work, barefoot @ home, and beaters to do errands. Kinda sucks because I spent forever trying to find stuff like Atmos which I had even doubled up on, only to let them sit in the closet for like 2 yrs or whatever. No sense in breaking them out just to go to Wal Mart, lol. At the same time I felt like I could live without some pairs and put that money to better use.
Jae-thanks, all is well. I'm down to the absolute minimum favorites but I'm still ready to go all in if I could come across a pair of obsidian/white highs...the ones that got away, smh

Yeah - I feel you.

I don't go out "on the town" all that much any more. I work a ton and often times when I'm off all I want to do is chill at home, a friend's house, or hit a local bar.

I understand that a collection my size in my situation is impractical. But, I still have love for the "sport," so in some respects acquiring shoes is the hobby unto itself. ...And, I will bust out a pair of '96 jewels to take the dog for a walk sometimes. :D

Last edited:
Did anyone order any IDs from the Septmeber options? I have not seen anyone post the shoes they received with the reflective materials.

some beat cones for today. one of my favorites!

i have a question:

did anyone in here ever use retrobrite/ teeth whitening gel on midsoles? does it really work? thanks!

Walked into work yesterday (grocery store) and some older guy late 40s I'm guessing was rockin some cones. Guess you never know who has what. Even if they don't know they got somethin dope.

some beat cones for today. one of my favorites!

i have a question:
did anyone in here ever use retrobrite/ teeth whitening gel on midsoles? does it really work? thanks!

I believe the consensus is that it does work a bit, though it's fairly labor-intensive, but the results are temporary and somewhat shortlived.

Walked into work yesterday (grocery store) and some older guy late 40s I'm guessing was rockin some cones. Guess you never know who has what. Even if they don't know they got somethin dope.

Yo - if that happened to me, I'd approach dude and say, "hey, how would you like me to trade you a brand new pair of Nikes" for those? (if they we were the same size and they weren't beat).

Who remembers the bums wearing heat thread? :lol:

PS - wore the '96 patents today. No pic needed.

Last edited:
Who remembers the bums wearing heat thread? :lol:
Just think of the countless heat bums got during golden days!

I was going to retrobrite my cones but I kind of missed it now that the summer is over. In a funny way the orange on the swoosh blends in with it!

Last edited:
I believe the consensus is that it does work a bit, though it's fairly labor-intensive, but the results are temporary and somewhat shortlived.

False....Retr0Brite works Especially Well on Midsoles,  and the results are not short lived...

Check out my restoration thread in the sneaker art forum if you dont believe me

False....Retr0Brite works Especially Well on Midsoles,  and the results are not short lived...

Check out my restoration thread in the sneaker art forum if you dont believe me

I should have been more specific. I was referring to the tooth whitener method. Doodadee asked about both in the same question.

Retrobrite is money.

The tooth whitening method is temporary.

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks for the replies. i guess im going to give it a shot and order some retro brite and use whiter gel in the mean time.

You dont need to order Retr0brite, you can make it yourself

I feel like I wouldn't want to use my blender to make food after I used it to mix this. So, that's the main reason why I haven't done it in the past. I feel like I'd have to buy a second blender.

I feel like I wouldn't want to use my blender to make food after I used it to mix this. So, that's the main reason why I haven't done it in the past. I feel like I'd have to buy a second blender.
You dont use a blender to make Retr0brite....

A plastic cup and spoon would more than suffice

I encourage the Retr0brite method for Midsole whitening, the ingredients are cheap, as well as it isn't hard to make and apply

Here is 1, one hour session on a pair of Jordan 1 Old loves Midsoles I recently did

The more sessions you do, the more white they become, until the results plateau

(Taken from my Restoration Thread)

Last edited:
Interesting. I was going off of the video of "the sauce" from the restoremysneakers kid.

I know they results, I was just put off by what I thought was a fairly involved process of making the potion.

I'll look into it.

Last edited:
its not "labor intensive" either. you literally brush it on with a small paintbrush, set them in direct sunlight or under UV lights, wait about 45-60 min, then take a toothbrush/warm water and brush/scrub it off. Then wipe with a towel and Ta-Da

I did my bean town AF1s about 10 months ago, they were BAD BAD yellow, 2 sessions got them immaculate, they just started to yellow again, but just set them out in the sun for an hour. There wont be a permanent fix for yellow mid soles/yellowed clear soles. But retr0brite seems alot cheaper than teeth whitener.

EDIT: BIP, I bought "the sauce" from restoremysneakers. It works wonders and it was like $20 shipped for two bottles? Ive whitened many of pairs and iced up some clear soles. Im still not half way through the first bottle.

another note worthytip, "the sauce" doesn't "expire"/go bad for some reason idk, he explained it. The home made sauce will go bad after a while. Its all over youtube

one session on Linens

[

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom