TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Can't remember the white pair, but the black/canyon golds were looking pretty awful in terms of leather. I wore a black/gum high "LE era" from circa 2001 to the ground in the mid 2000s and I still have a pair sitting on ice somewhere.

Agree on the canyon gold/white/gums, not great, but not bad at all, and worlds better than anything similar that's come out in the last 10 years. I beat my pair up and they still look pretty good to me. I also only paid $20 for them, so there's that, haha.

And Ruffin, if you mean the black/university gold pair from 2003 (the "ungreeks") - people say he leather isn't good on those, and it's nothing special, but it's not bad. It's just kind of stiff tumbled leather. Mine haven't creased too bad or anything, they work for me. I definitely wouldn't consider them to be of remarkable quality or anything, but they are a good, standard pair for daily wear, IMO.

also, xilegacy - beautiful! Wish I had the money to fund a pair of 'shrooms. It's rare to see them in 10.5/11 too.

Last edited:
denver--not the Greeks (although I could go for a pair of the red lows from that series right about now), but a black/gum high. Similar to my pair from 2001 posted below (this is the pair I wore out but I do have a DS pair). The stitching on the tongue logo was gold instead of white or sliver on the 2001 pair.

^^
I remember those quite vividly, I was 20 and had just started my retail gig a few months before those dropped. First thing that my coworkers and I noticed was the 'glossy' plastic upper. Didn't stop the masses from eating those up though as it was in the middle of the 'Uptown' era.

Ruffin, Oh, for whatever reason, I was picturing the black/uni golds when you mentioned black/canyon gold because they came out around the same time as the white/canyon gold/gum, so I thought you were talking about those. I didn't know the black highs had "canyon gold" in them anywhere? I guess it's on the tongue tag. Sorry for the confusion!

Today for me, one of my very favorite pairs (shout out to Quad Laser if he still lurks!):

Last edited:
Here they are in all of their plastic-y glory!.

FWIW, although the leather on those was glossy and plastic-y, they were extremely durable. I beat a pair of those to hell and they held up very well.

Happy 4th of July TEAMAF1.

Nice pic! ...Waiting on a 2nd pair of mushrooms and then I'll be able to take that pic with doubles (at least) of all those pairs! :smokin

On the 4th!

Last edited:
damn so much fire blueprints, mushrooms, courirs, indy jewels, black cvs damn reminds me why i love af1s so much

bip those carolina mids are soooo fresh

Last edited:
Here's something funky.

So, these are samples. Though they look like they are partially canvas, they are really a mesh like material. The swoosh and heel tab are made of that older nice quality suede, as is the toe cap area. Unlike most samples, the tag does not list a production date, so I don't even know the year they are from. Any guesses?

Last edited:
im pretty sure these are the samples of the 2000 LM black/red lows... the black/red version of the cones. Infact the sample pair of these in navy/orange was for sale too

Back
Top Bottom