TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Hey everybody, sorry I've been ghost. Need to find the time to take some new pics and get involved, but here's 2 more OG Mids for now. Haven't had a new AF-1 pick-up in forever unfortunately, but I'm always interested in buying or trading for vintage 9.5-10.5s:wink: Props to everyone keeping the thread alive, it's great to see there's still love from all the old heads and new.

Very nice, buddy.

I should probably hit you up about some potential trades. I have a few doubles you might be interested in. I'll catch you soon.

Not mine, but I'd love to find these...

There may be more, thought there was an all white pebble leather with gold stiching also.

sorry for the quick iphone pic - but here's the pair BIP referred to (non-pebbled):

ipch7d.jpg

Last edited:
didn't INC sell most of his shoes? i see him post on fb once in a while but only about art.

Yeah, I think he did.

Honestly, I barely ever interacted with him though, so I don't know.

Where are his Lemon Twists?

Very nice, MFP.

What else are you hiding from us?

damn these mid pics are crazy!

Sorry if this is a dumb question: were all "af-1mid" stitched pairs just released within 1 year? If not whats the years that span this release?

Had a seller tease me with the prospect of having those blue clear sole jewels, only to tell me he couldn't get the anymore :frown:

Correct me f I'm wrong but all the AF1-Mid pairs dropped in 95? with the backwards swoosh pairs running till 96 maybe 97?

Had a seller tease me with the prospect of having those blue clear sole jewels, only to tell me he couldn't get the anymore :frown:

Correct me f I'm wrong but all the AF1-Mid pairs dropped in 95? with the backwards swoosh pairs running till 96 maybe 97?

I believe the first year for mids was 94, and the "AF1-Mid" ran partly through '95. '95 and '96 was the backwards swoosh. As Erv said, there may have been some '97 releases too, but they were most likely produced in '96.

Jpdn - Credit due for not going overboard with your design. With the full gamut of options, and the hefty price tag, it seems people are often tempted to do too much and end up making clown shoes.

Perhaps my favorite Bespoke that I've seen was Mayor's limes with the gum sole.

And, that's the reason why I can't see myself making a Bespoke. I just can't drop $800 knowing I'm basically going to make a classic colorblock with a 2 or 3 color upper, solid midsole, and gum bottom.

[insert obligatory implication that Mayor can't mess with me on the vintage tip]

thanks BIP, it is very easy to get carried away esp when you think of the price and all the crazy materials available.

I essentially took a few colours and materials in mind to go forward with. It may be a few colours but you get to use different materials for said colour, for mine the blacks I used black kevlar as well as black cork so it would have a different set of textures. I did still want to wear it some day, maybe if I was making a display only shoe id go with some exotic choices.

Its an experience putting it all into a shoe and waiting for it to all come together

Where do you even FIND DS pairs from 91? Wow I'd be half tempted if they were in a size I could put on.

Saw these on ebay

Dude wants like 300 tho |I

That price isn't out to lunch really. I'd pay in that range for the top pair, in my size. (That's Primo's pair, I believe.)I have multiples of the bottom pair.

You are talking about a DS pair of 23 year old shoes that are wearable and probably more "rare" than a correspondingly aged OG Jordan. Certainly more "rare" than all kinds of crap people claim to be rare today... like Lebron PEs and stuff.

The only reason vintage AF1s aren't a fortune is because there are a million pairs and nobody could/would actually collect them if they were all priced like purple highs.

Where do you even FIND DS pairs from 91? Wow I'd be half tempted if they were in a size I could put on.

Queens, NYC!! :tongue:

Last edited:
Queens, NYC!! :tongue:

well outside of you guys personal stash. It's got to be getting harder and harder to find that stuff first hand these days. Like I said if that we're in a size that I wouldn't be flopping around in, I'd at least make a reasonable offer on that white/red pair. If only to be able to enjoy being the first pair of feet in the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom