TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Yeah, I know I should tag my pics.

(I always here the voice of @JayRocksLo in my head when I don't).

I do feel like if you are into vintage AF1s, and you see the Keith Haring coffee table, you should already know though... :tongue:

haha tag your pics bro! don't let your AF1's float around the internet without your stamp, but really the Haring print has been somewhat your signature.

Oxford Canvas and Roosters
pimp.gif

I really wanted the whole pack but could only get the red pair too.
i never saw charcoal pair. Got 2 blue pairs

side note: had a collection of haring swatches back in the day. broke up with a chick and never went back to her house to get them. until this day, i really regret not getting my stuff back. chick was a real witch though :lol:

I'm old enough to remember the Pop Shop when it was a brick+mortar in NY.

They used to have those plastic drawstring bags as shopping bags in fly designs. I'd damn near use them as backpacks for months after.

Also, back then me and my crew were all about having different fly ****. We used to get blank fitted hats in different colors (I think they made black, royal and red) and get iron ons from the Pop Shop.

My favorite was one I did with the 3 Eyed Face on the front and a little Radiant Baby on the back. Cats were trying to buy it off me on site.

Last edited:
Oh, and BTW, thanks to Kev for that top pair in this site of pics. Those Canyons had eluded me for a minute.

The Haring print is kind of funny. The coffee table in that room is basically a painted black wood, but over time is started showing nicks and scratches and stuff. So, when I was at the Haring exhibit in Bklyn, I bought a set of two large adhesive prints. I hung one in the bathroom because it fit well. The steam from the shower has made it start to run, which is kind of cool actually, and it looks a bit like a Keith Haring X Krink collab. But, the prints were almost exactly the size of the coffee table, so I decided to use it to both cover the nicks and to do something (I thought was) cool and creative at the same time. So, I just stuck the print on the coffee table, trimmed the edges, and covered it in clear contact paper so the actual print wouldn't stain if/when stuff spilled.

Posted for the sake of irony --

side note: had a collection of haring swatches back in the day. broke up with a chick and never went back to her house to get them. until this day, i really regret not getting my stuff back. chick was a real witch though :lol:

I've been after ANY haring swatch for a while. The price always seems a little more than I'm willing to spend on a swatch though.

I'm not sure if I saw this linked here or via twitter but I saw this a few months ago. Pretty neat video of Haring putting up a piece in Barcelona.

just found these AFs and will repaint them with some good canvas paint. at first I thought these are troopers but then found out that these are AF1 canvas neutral grey/midnight navy, year 2000, 630422-001

I wear us12 and these are us10 so they are going for sale after renovating

I got something coming in this week then I'll post a small collection pic for all you guys.

Until then, here's my contribution to this thread:

Actually, these are Medium Grey-Lt Graphite-White

I don't know why but on sole collector they are in neutral grey / midnight navy cw and on the sneakerfreaker they are Medium Grey/Light Graphite cw, both have the same code..

notice that Medium Grey/Light Graphite cw has dark label on the tongue and mine (neutral grey / midnight navy in the sole collector archive) has the light label on the tongue

looks like we are both right
wink.gif

Last edited:
I don't know why but on sole collector they are in neutral grey / midnight navy cw and on the sneakerfreaker they are Medium Grey/Light Graphite cw, both have the same code..

notice that Medium Grey/Light Graphite cw has dark label on the tongue and mine (neutral grey / midnight navy in the sole collector archive) has the light label on the tongue

looks like we are both right:wink:  

How do you see the label on the tongue in Erv's pics? I don't see anything.

FTR, I've noticed a lot of errors on Sneaker Freaker. So, they are certainly better than nothing, but not 100% reliable.

Actually, when it comes to Forces, I trust Erv more than any existing reference system.

...Makes me think again about the previous talks about developing our own database. But, at the same time, I kind of like it this way. Barriers to entry are good.

relax, I just said that colorway that Erv gave is present on the sneakerfreaker (and there is the pic where I can see dark label on the tongue) at the same code as the other colorway on the sole collector.

just google the code, enter both sites and compare their pics to mine and Erv's pics - you will know what I am talking about. they are very similiar, but not the same

I'm not saying that Erv is wrong or something, just being curious about that
wink.gif

dark tongue label.. but like BIP said this site isnt the most reliable.

perfect example

^same style codes.

Last edited:
damn those id's are nice.

BIP, couldn't agree more that this hobby is exponentially cooler without a database or site that has all knowledge. it keeps a bit of the old oral tradition that seems to be gone with over areas of collecting.

relax, I just said that colorway that Erv gave is present on the sneakerfreaker (and there is the pic where I can see dark label on the tongue) at the same code as the other colorway on the sole collector.

just google the code, enter both sites and compare their pics to mine and Erv's pics - you will know what I am talking about. they are very similiar, but not the same

I'm not saying that Erv is wrong or something, just being curious about that:wink:  

My bad if that came off as aggressive. I didn't think that you were trying to tell Erv he was wrong or anything. You're new to the thread, so I just wanted to note that Erv is a very reliable source on this stuff. I was just saying that, personally, I'd trust Erv over pretty much any other resource.

Bip still murdering this thread !!!

For me This week end[/img]

Can't stop. Won't stop. Eh, eh.

Nice IDs, as always.

damn those id's are nice.

BIP, couldn't agree more that this hobby is exponentially cooler without a database or site that has all knowledge. it keeps a bit of the old oral tradition that seems to be gone with over areas of collecting.

Yeah. I wouldn't be against us putting something together as a communal resource, but I wouldn't want to just put it out there to the public.

if you ever need pics of my box labels or tags lemme know. it'd be easy for me - one or two pairs that you don't already have lol.

if you ever need pics of my box labels or tags lemme know. it'd be easy for me - one or two pairs that you don't already have lol.

Haha. Don't sell yourself short - I'm sure you still have plenty of stuff I'd like to pillage.

...I'll tell you a warning sign that you have a problem though. You buy something from gusto or somebody like that that comes in a "replacement box" and when it arrives, it actually turns out to be a box for another pair you had, but were missing the box.

I recently picked something up (not from Gusto) that came in a replacement box, and the box was actually an OG box for this pair

[

Even though I don't have a pair of these OGs, I was still pretty happy about the box.

I don't have any of those boxes, and any time I get something in a box that isn't represented by another shoe in my collection, it's like a mini addition to the collection itself. I always liked seeing the myriad different boxes, especially spanning many eras of the brand, in people's collections.

I'm not saying that Erv is wrong or something, just being curious about that:wink:  

Heads up. The Sneaker Freaker pics are from the Air Force 1 Anthology site that no longer exists.
A lot of the pics appear to be photoshopped to give a close rendition of what the actual release
looked like. It's not always exactly right. There are some pairs that were jewels, but they display
a regular swoosh on Sneaker Freaker.
G Raider gave a good example. Here's another example:

1. The color released was not Medium/Legend Blue as Sneaker Freaker shows, it was Medium Grey/Columbia Blue
2. The shoes released did not have a gum sole.
3. The shoes released did not have yellow stitching.
4. The shoes released did not have a white inside.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom